Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Trading System Needs A Complete Revamp. As It Is Now It's Too Limiting In Ridiculous Unneeded Ways.

InForWar

*You are not eligible to make an opinion before you read the whole post.

EDIT: corrected some stuff i didn't know.

1) Trading mechanic

The trading system as it is now, DE allows to trade a maximum of 3 items from a minimum of 1.

In many situations members like to give free mods/plat/blueprints for their friends and the other player is forced to insert at least ONE item.

DE thought it's necessary for both players to insert at least one item for a valid trade.

Of course that's a trade if you actually mean to trade for something else.

But i find it rather annoying on my part, as i had to insert a mod every time my friend gave me something.

2) Maximum daily limit

The maximum trade limit per day is 4 trades.

So, basically if someone wants to spend his day at the trading channel broadcasting and trading his so well-grinded 

gear he is able to do only 4 trades with 4 different people, not to mention if the same person wants to trade more than 3 items, then it can be even a trade with 3 people.

I find this trade limit completely unnecessary and quite stupid.

3) Tax - don't go rough on me because i know you can get more credits VERY easily. it's not the point.

I, as a new player found out there's something called trade tax.

My friend wanted to give me a few mods, blueprints and reagents,

after the first trade it was 2k credits. it thought... yeah.. seems reasonable..

after the second trade it jumped to 8k!. 4x from the first trade. i thought this is very unreasonable.

So, overall i paid 10k for 2 trades.

4) Without clan key you can't trade

Now, this is rather stupid.

I understand why this exists, but can be taken off if you consider the fact that you can't trade at mastery 0.

This is here to prevent people from creating a lot of accounts and basically transferring their free starting platinum

to their main account.

But when i left my first clan, which was rather crap,

a guy offered me a clan and wanted to help me out a lot.

as i didn't have a clan key he couldn't trade with me, and we had to wait 12 hours.

I think that waiting time is completely unnecessary if DE just made it possible to enter the clan dojo of any clan without having a clan key of your own clan.

This is also extremely limiting for people who like playing without a clan, and are simply incapable of using this great part of the game.

<optional change>

I find the way to pick items is fairly uncomfortable and really not user friendly.

the little drop down list looks pretty bad imho and i think it needs a change.

i think when you click on the slot it should immediately open the inventory window showing the items you are eligible

of trading with the little sections bar. just like when you open the inventory. 

</optional change>

What do i suppose DE can do about these issues? Here it is.

1) Trading should be made to allow players to trade from 0 to at least 10 items at once

(To make about 10 times more comfortable than it is now) rather than 1-3 as it is now.

2) Maximum daily limit should be removed completely. DE earns nothing from it nor the player base.

Amount of trades per day should not be affected by your master level, i think it should be removed.

DE earns nothing from it nor the player base. Rather makes it harder on new players.

3) I think tax should be a persistent number.

4) Change the trading minimum mastery rank to rank 2. this way if someone wants to steal platinum from DE,

he'll have to put a lot more effort into it, and would take at least 2 days. as it is now, it's doable within no more than

30 minutes with two people running it per account (40 platinum per 30 minutes). 

*Important quotes will go here. will add them as they come.

Edited by InForWar

Just a small correction;

maximum trades is equal to mastery rank level.

For example i m MR12 so i can do 12 trades a day.

secondly, trade tax does not depend on the amount of trades you do, but on the items the other player is sending to you. If he gives a rare mod, you have to pay more than if it was just a common mod.

Edited by Frostosti

1) Trading should be made to allow players to trade from 0 to at least 10 items at once

(To make about 10 times more comfortable than it is now) rather than 1-3 as it is now.

2) Maximum daily limit should be removed completely. DE earns nothing from it nor the player base.

3) Tax multiplier can be nerfed. or maybe make new players' lives more easy. rather than make the rich's easier.

4) Change the trading minimum mastery rank to rank 2. this way if someone wants to steal platinum from DE,

he'll have to put a lot more effort into it, and would take at least 2 days. as it is now, it's doable within no more than

30 minutes with two people running it per account (50 platinum per 30 minutes). 

1. I agree, because it's kinda hard to buy/sell some Weapons or Frames. They got mostly 3 Parts + The BP.

2. Your Mastery Rank = Your Trades a Day, so no need for that.

3. Depends on the Clan, i got mine on 0% but thats maybe only me.

4. You can't trade the 50p from a new Account. It's not tradeble, only Plat that you bought and you need already MR 2 to Trade. 

Just a small correction;

maximum trades is equal to mastery rank level.

For example i m MR12 so i can do 12 trades a day.

secondly, trade tax does not depend on the amount of trades you do, but on the items the other player is sending to you. If he gives a rare mod, you have to pay more than if it was just a common mod.

Thank you, updated.

The things you complained about are not true overall. I mean, yeah, they are true, but you were just very unlucky and felt the "nerfed" side of it.

- The number of trades a day increases with Mastery rank. As being a rank 12 player, I can trade 12 times a day, which is more than I usually do. However, some requirements MUST BE here, since if someome gives you all their stuff is not fair at all, since a beginner can't get veteran, OP things. that would be unbalanced, so I think rank-locking and somehow limiting the trade is fair and acceptable.

- You don't need a clan key to trade. You need a clan key to enter YOUR dojo. If it was someone else's dojo, you wouldn't have been in need of a key built. It is enough for one of you to have a key to a dojo.

- The rank required for trading is already 2. Check the wiki before posting. It saves time.

But anyway...

- Texes ARE overpriced. I understand that some "punishment" was necessary because "you were a naughty Tenno and you just skipped 4 hours of farming stuff", you got this for kinda nothing, so pay for it, bruhaha. I don't really like this tax idea anyway. I undestand their point, but no... I wouldn't have included taxes if I made this thing.

- Sometimes more places in the trading panel could be useful, I agree.

- I don't agree with "give nothing and I give you someting"... IN THE TRADING system. Introducing a GIFT system could solve this problem. The players would get the items in their inboxes and we could even include a "Happy Birthday" text.

- I don't agree with "give nothing and I give you someting"... IN THE TRADING system. Introducing a GIFT system could solve this problem. The players would get the items in their inboxes and we could even include a "Happy Birthday" text.

Most likely at a cost as otherwise it could be used as tax evasion, heh.

Ok few small things:
1) The trade tax is there as a credit sink of sorts.  DE even admitted as much when they created the trade system.
Its just a way to suck credits out of the game.
Every game has some way to suck gold out of the game, this one has the fewest.

2) The maximum number of trades per day is to help prevent mule account and RTM and other things without investing in *tons* more effort than you typically need to do for an online game.  So this is actually a fairly solid system and idea.
It can be annoying, but ultimately it prevents a lot of possible abuse.
So while it can make it a tiny bit harder on newer players it makes it much harder on RTMs so it does serve a very important purpose.

3) The tax is dependant on what is being traded.  A common mod might only cost 2K to trade while a rare one might cost 8K.  Trading plat costs 500 credits per plat.
And all of that is to act as a credit sink, which again this game desperately needs more as eventually you get 11M+ of credits and absolutely nothing to spend them on besides trading.

4) You can trade without a clan key.
The issue is that you cant go into your clan dojo without crafting said key.
So while someone from outside of your clan would have been able to invite you into the dojo and trade with you, none of your clan-mates could invite you into your clans dojo without crafting the key first.