Elemental Damage

SoulDust

I know this has been posted many times but nothing has been done. It makes 0 sense why ember stands in fire and gets fire damage, or why volt get's zapped by arc traps, or saryn is effected by poison damage. Frames should not take damage from their own elements...

Yes but have some frame which not elemental frame. Would be good an armor revising with implementation like resistance mods and every frame should use different numbers of resistance depend on it's suit abilities. Like you said ember more resistant against fire or frost against cold damage etc... because now actualy we have resistance mods which utility mods and almost no one use them because nonsense needs in mod cap and free space from other mods and second is we don't know any immunity in numbers because we just see an armor number but not explained how much damage reduced or what resistances already have on our frames.

Edit: A full immunity is really sounds op and unfair but an almost 50% immunity or reduced damage taken by is not nonsense.

Edited by Grekkatarq

Ah the old dungeons and dragons conundrum. There is a huge difference between resisting damage from an element and being immune to it, or as previous poster put a guy equipped with a flame thrower (sure he might not sweat as much as a guy holding the flame thrower for the first time, but he can still be burned and hurt by fire). That being said, I think the elemental frames should have some resistances to those elements.

Edited by Trajhenkhetlive

Because a person with a flamethrower is not immune to being set on fire.

Just because they can project an attack doesn't automatically make them immune to it.

yeah um ember used to set herself on fire..to block incoming damage..

Edited by SoulDust

yeah um ember used to set herself on fire..to block incoming damage..

And she doesn't anymore. Problem solved.

These frames aren't just simply projecting" things.She doesn't use a flame thrower she shoots a fireball from her hand. Huge difference.

And a wizard or a fire bender or a psion can shoot fireballs from their hands and generally aren't immune to fire. There are tons of characters in games and fiction in general that can channel an element and still suffer from their effects.

Because a person with a flamethrower is not immune to being set on fire.

Just because they can project an attack doesn't automatically make them immune to it.

That is out of context. That's like saying that that The Torch should get burned everytime he flames up.

What might more accurate to say is that unless our frames have their their Void powers active, they might not have enabled the energy state required to be immune to that element.

While using Accellerant or having WoF switched on, Ember should be immune to fire, as far as I am concerned.

That is out of context. That's like saying that that The Torch should get burned everytime he flames up.

Ember doesn't ever coat herself in fire though. Anymore.

Besides I posted several examples of other fire based characters that don't have special resistances to it right above your post.

I can see where you guys are coming from, I just don't think it's illogical for Embers to be hurt by fire. Besides, a total immunity to fire would be somewhat unfair against the Grineer. A 30% resistance could work, assuming other frames also got passive bonuses.

Ember doesn't ever coat herself in fire though. Anymore.

Besides I posted several examples of other fire based characters that don't have special resistances to it right above your post.

I can see where you guys are coming from, I just don't think it's illogical for Embers to be hurt by fire. Besides, a total immunity to fire would be somewhat unfair against the Grineer. A 30% resistance could work, assuming other frames also got passive bonuses.

Your example are "normal" people, not Tenno's returned from the Void, and it's totally different game mechanics anyway, as we don't Molecular Prime our team mates, of kill them with Penta nades on direct hits, also Ember can set the floor on fire and then run around it in.

I'm just saying that this game needs specific loopholes in order for the game mechanics to function. I would not say give Ember total fire immunity because players might exploit that but when she has WoF active for example, at least a fire damage mitigation from normal fires on a level would kinda make sense.