Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mods With Fang?

Deaths.Reap3r

Question

So, I got a Fang along time ago and its personally my favorite melee, and then just because I can, I added the fury mod, lvl 3 fusion...

And I dont notice anything...

Is this a bug? Or is it actually making it faster, cause it says its 40% more attack speed...

Also, just the comments so far in a nutshell.

-Fang ---> Low dmg against infested. (But can easily be fixed with fire elemental mod)

-Keybind Mousewheel up or down for melee, and the opposite for shoot. (But still keep the originals, and make them as the secondarys)

-Electric ---> Good against corpus.

-Fury with fang does actually change attack speed...

Edited by Deaths.Reap3r

24 answers to this question

Wow really? To me, it seems the exact same. Lol idk, so I shouldnt remove it right?

Cause atm I have maxed out pressure point mod, 1/4th -1/2 fused furymod, and I think it was the faster charge speed mod.

Thanks

Edited by Deaths.Reap3r

That wouldn't work for me, cause Im using Paris, and i personally love pairs. But for melee thats awesome.

But, wouldnt that mean charge attack means hold down the mouse scroll?

I hate holding down the mouse scroll lol.

Edited by Deaths.Reap3r

That wouldn't work for me, cause Im using Paris, and i personally love pairs. But for melee thats awesome.

But, wouldnt that mean charge attack means hold down the mouse scroll?

I hate holding down the mouse scroll lol.

That's a completely different button. For charge attacks, you can hold down your standard key.

Which you compensate with a fire dmg mod. I have 75% fire on mines, and am melting infested on high level missions like no tomorrow (1-2 KO with charged attack on ancients as well). I don't use the rate of fire mod, they are fast enough as they are, I like to be able to roll away / jump when I press the button instead of waiting for animation from daggers to hit (when doing bosses for example with other peeps who get too close to trigger their knockdowns etc).

Yah, I guessed as much that Electric would probably be the best against corpus.

So if

Electric is good for corpus.

Fire is good for infested.

Then does that mean ice is good for grinear?

I swear, 70 hours of playing and still not a single ice elemental mod, not for any weapon...

Yah, I guessed as much that Electric would probably be the best against corpus.

So if

Electric is good for corpus.

Fire is good for infested.

Then does that mean ice is good for grinear?

I swear, 70 hours of playing and still not a single ice elemental mod, not for any weapon...

Ice is good for everyone thing~

not necessarily a weakness to them~

but the fact that it slows down enemies~

slows down as in movement speed and melee speed~

it's pretty handy for alot of things in my opinion~

Ideally you want all 4 damage boosters (fire, ice, electricity, armor piercing) to respectable levels on any weapon, because each adds pure damage. If fire sucks vs armored targets for example, it still applies burn which makes them do 3 seconds of animation when they are not hitting you (works on most humanoid bosses for example). So even if a faction has a penalty / resistance to a said element type, that doesn't mean it does nothing. Ice not only chills - slowing down enemies, also does double damage to shields.

Luck in getting those good mods is indeed quite random, I guess I should consider myself lucky that I was able to snag a North Wind (melee ice damage) mod from one of the Venus Corpus missions, about 20+ hours into the game so far. I'm liking ice damage as it slows down enemies a LOT, I can now carve up even multiple Shockwave Moas as their stomp animation is slowed down to a crawl.

Fangs don't deal reduced damage against infested, but infested units take 300% slashing damage. Fangs deal stabbing damage. AP is kinda pointless on an armor ignoring weapon.

You are so wrong. 1st, yes All daggers deal 60% reduced dmg vs infested for being daggers ya know, piercing weapons not slashing. AP IS NOT POINTLESS on daggers. Is plain more damage.

Not asking you to believe me, but is very simple to test. Unmod your dagger, whatever dagger may be. Go on earth and hit couple mobs and watch the numbers. Then put a 50% armor pierce on the said dagger, go back to earth and check again. For me, Fang deals 24 dmg non crit (per hit, hits 3 times on 1 attack with each weapon, so 6 attacks in total with 1 click) unmoded, with 50% AP mod it deals 24+12.

You are so wrong. 1st, yes All daggers deal 60% reduced dmg vs infested for being daggers ya know, piercing weapons not slashing. AP IS NOT POINTLESS on daggers. Is plain more damage.

Not asking you to believe me, but is very simple to test. Unmod your dagger, whatever dagger may be. Go on earth and hit couple mobs and watch the numbers. Then put a 50% armor pierce on the said dagger, go back to earth and check again. For me, Fang deals 24 dmg non crit (per hit, hits 3 times on 1 attack with each weapon, so 6 attacks in total with 1 click) unmoded, with 50% AP mod it deals 24+12.

not all dagger have reduce dmg against infest, some have reduce dmg on certain infested unit. the heater dagger doesn't get reduce dmg it just doesn't do extra dmg because it has flame ability on it.

All daggers ignore armour with default auto attack, but Armour piercing does stack on them it just does extra dmg like the fire mods and freeze cause the dagger already ignores Armour.

Heat swords don't do fire damage, except on the jump attack.

Elec mods for melee weapons are 5%/ rank, incredibly weak. Corpus are generally NOT melee friendly, you're better off just shooting them in the majority of situations. If you absolutely must make a melee setup for corpus, only take rank 0 elec dmg (at 5%) for the stun, points are better off invested in cold, ap, and even fire (which only avg's 50% dmg on corpus units).

AP - Great dmg to Grineer, good dmg to any heavies, okay dmg to everything

Fire - Great dmg to Infested, good dmg to Grineer

Elec - Great dmg to Corpus, but incredibly weak point/dmg% ratio

Cold - Great damage to Shields, 50% on avg dmg to everything else, slows enemy movement and attacks

Edited by Darzk