Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Talking Sentinels

rechot

-Corpus, Grineer, Infected. They'll all look better when I'm done with 'em.

-I dunno what's going on, but I'm shootin'!

-Look at em all!... This is gonna be fun.

-Y'know, this shield isn't easy to support. Maybe your pal can stay off their back!" (For Sanctuary, of course.)

(Just killing time. Prolly end up posting again later. Who knows? Maybe this thread will lead to something excellent.) *Edited 1st line

Edited by CrazyOne

I think we should have a Grineer-based sentinel, that periodically exclaims "TENNO SKUM!", in a rather high-pitched voice.

...I'll go away now.

This

So much this

Sneaking along in a stealth mission, coming up upon a Grineer patrol.

Sentinel shouts "TENNO SKUM!" and all the other Grineer go ballistic, also shouting "TENNO SKUM!" and shooting wildly in all directions

carrier: oooh stuff to collect I MUST COLLECT IT

dethcube: hey we are just enjoying our second amendment rights here you fu**ing commie

djinn: I HUNGER FOR FLESH PUNY MORTAL

helios: and take a pic of this and that and that and this...

shade:i do believe enemies are near by, do you want to go stealth or no master?

wyrm: REPORTING FOR DUTY

wyrm prime: yo mon i have been smoking this golden spleff mon and now i am high as a kite mon

all these sententials get their own personality :D

yes i want my sentinels to be a jerk. Just so i know he cares if i die or not. This is exactly what he needs to say

I-it's not like I want you to live or anything, s-so don't get any wrong ideas or anything!

*blushes

Why are you looking at me like that? B-baka! Focus on shooting the Grineer!

carrier: oooh stuff to collect I MUST COLLECT IT

dethcube: hey we are just enjoying our second amendment rights here you fu**ing commie

djinn: I HUNGER FOR FLESH PUNY MORTAL

helios: and take a pic of this and that and that and this...

shade:i do believe enemies are near by, do you want to go stealth or no master?

wyrm: REPORTING FOR DUTY

wyrm prime: yo mon i have been smoking this golden spleff mon and now i am high as a kite mon

all these sententials get their own personality :D

Helios would be like but first let me take selfie

In a few games, including the grindiest MMO I've ever played, Digimon Masters, you can customize your pet with different speech patterns. Your pet has a variety of speech triggers, leaving them blank keeps your pet silent, but entering something into a speech trigger area will make them say that something in a speech bubble once that trigger is met. Things like defeated an enemy, spotted an enemy, used an ability, you or he are low on hp, etc. would be kind of fun to play with, including providing different alternations of text to keep it from getting too repetitive. These text bubbles are only visible to the player who owns it, so no censorship is needed, be as offensive as you want

In a few games, including the grindiest MMO I've ever played, Digimon Masters, you can customize your pet with different speech patterns. Your pet has a variety of speech triggers, leaving them blank keeps your pet silent, but entering something into a speech trigger area will make them say that something in a speech bubble once that trigger is met. Things like defeated an enemy, spotted an enemy, used an ability, you or he are low on hp, etc. would be kind of fun to play with, including providing different alternations of text to keep it from getting too repetitive. These text bubbles are only visible to the player who owns it, so no censorship is needed, be as offensive as you want

i think it be cool if we could all hear it but once we get bored of it we could just mute sentinel noise is the options menu 

I think we should have a Grineer-based sentinel, that periodically exclaims "TENNO SKUM!", in a rather high-pitched voice.

...I'll go away now.

HE'S HERE! O_o

Edited by Teh_Grunt