Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Could Someone Explain This Quest Concept?

JaysInc

'Cause I've blanked out through most of the stream, except when they mentioned new animations, kubrows....and blenders. But I do know that they involve some sort of story telling lore.

Edited by JaysInc

I think they will be like missions except you're actually working towards a story-related goal. 

Usual missions: Kill someone/capture someone/sabotage something/defend something/survive because galactic balance.

Quest: Gather resources to build your ship and come after Captain Vor.

from what they are saying they will be unique in that they wont have random tilesets but one map that will always be the same, will have more dynamic things going one, more scripted things that happen in the quest, and alot more lore as well.

Pretty sure it's also so DE can bring back the older Operation missions too so people who never got to experience those can play it as well. Doesn't mean the rewards will be back, but you could replay them like they were. Gives newcomers a chance to see more of what's gone on in the past and experience what they missed to hopefully excite them (and everyone) for future Operations to come.

I think they mentioned wanting to do something to that effect in the last Devstream if memory serves me right.

The quest with Vor is meant for new players, ones that haven't killed him yet, not sure how us veterans will play it though.

its highly likely that Vets can play it, In the devstream they said lore hungry vets would love all the lore thats being put out in it. They are just unsure wether or not they are going to railroad everyone through it, or if they will give vets a choice to play it or not.

I think they will be like missions except you're actually working towards a story-related goal. 

Usual missions: Kill someone/capture someone/sabotage something/defend something/survive because galactic balance.

Quest: Gather resources to build your ship and come after Captain Vor.

I thought the Quest was to defeat the RPG monster?