Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Falling Off Map Cancels Iron Skin/world On Fire

UnderFiend

I haven't been able to test this on standard Rhino, but with Rhino Prime, whenever I fall off the map or into darkness in general (which can happen sometimes when going through doors for some reason), Iron Skin "wears off" so it has to be recast. I imagine it's the same for standard Rhino as well, and possibly Nova's Null Star.

I also noticed this on Ember Prime (haven't tested standard Ember), where if I have WoF running and drop off the map, it suddenly ends, but this is a timed power so I can tell it's ending abruptly.

I'm assuming this effects sustained powers so I'm thinking it happens to Nova as well, but if someone can confirm that would be excellent. I've only noticed this since the Breeding Grounds patch.

It now removes buffs from what I've seen. Warcry, Invisiblity, etc. all go bye bye. I'm guessing it's intended since it came suddenly and affects all buffs, but it might just be a wacky bug.

It now removes buffs from what I've seen. Warcry, Invisiblity, etc. all go bye bye. I'm guessing it's intended since it came suddenly and affects all buffs, but it might just be a wacky bug.

I would still assume its a bug, as when you drop off the map it has to respawn your character. And this may have been part of the fix to make it so a Nyx cant jump over an edge and trigger absorb then run around with it after the respawn(that was so awesome and OP.)

Megan once responded and confirmed that it's intended. Why it wasn't written in any patch notes is beyond me.

That sucks xD, but it also will make people more careful in the long run, but I do think some things shouldnt be affected, it really should be determined per power. Not ALL buff-type abilities

This has to be a bug, I can't think of a more amateurish blunt force trauma way to work around ability exploits. I can't imagine DE programmers being that thick headed.

...Then again, they're still too arrogant to add a /stuck command.

Terrifying.

This is sole reason I would die occasionally in Breeding Grounds. Why would they do this? It practically a penalty for trying to be mobile/ use their parkour system. I REALLY hope they edit this. Cause theres NO Reason Iron skin should be dispelled for falling.

Use it to your advantage with Rhino.

After a big fight, your iron skin will be almost depleted and unable to refresh - jump off the map and hey presto, you're able to refresh your iron skin.

I know it isn't optimal for most frames for this to happen, but atleast it has one perk...

I think I'm going to have to remember to ask this for/during the dev stream this week since clearly we need confirmation on if it was intended to effect all buffs. I understand WHY this was implemented, but as it was mentioned upthread, this is a blunt force solution to fixing the Nyx Absorb exploit.