Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Venka Feels Like Its Lacking...

ViLeDeth

(Would like to know the community's thoughts on the weapon post lv30. Keep it civil.)

I bought it about 12 hours ago and I obtained the Malicious Raptor stance on the way to ranking it to lv30.

Thoughts Lv20+ - POST lv30:

The stance itself is fun but the Venka seems like it is missing some oomph behind its slash damage and speed. Currently it has 15% status/crit chance. Modding for crit isn't worth the slots for small increase in dps - the status is fine but even after putting on mods it feels lack luster in general regardless of a procs here and there.

My issue is mostly the low slash damage and the speed even with berserker+fury (without spoiled strike) - it is still quite slow for a weapon that looks like it would be a bit faster. The speed is more of a priority issue than the low slash damage.

Your thoughts on the weapon?

Edited by ViLeDeth

Do you own it or just voicing an opinion on the weapon type? Can you use your experience with using the weapon and provide an opinion based on that? Thank you.

Voicing an opinion.

Why would I get it if the weapon itself is stupid to me?

Voicing an opinion.

Why would I get it if the weapon itself is stupid to me?

I'm interested in the user experience. Your opinion is still valid to you but it is not really inline with the subject focus of user experience versus your disinterest in it as a certain weapon type.

I'm interested in the user experience. Your opinion is still valid to you but it is not really inline with the subject focus of user experience versus your disinterest in it as a certain weapon type.

Don't ask for opinions then.

Don't ask for opinions then.

I don't mean to be rude but the thread itself is focused on user opinion on actually having the weapon itself and using it for some time. Read the other replies to see examples of what the discussion is about.

Again I never said your opinion was invalid but not inline with the subject focus. I hope I am not upsetting you any further.

Knowing that this is a berserker weapon in Wolverine comics, just make me sad looking at the crit stat.

@ViLeDeth how does it compare with dual ichor with berserker mod?

Night and day difference. Dual Ichor is literally speed itself if we have to establish a comparison between the two.

They just feel really slow. To be honest i was expecting them to be a lot faster. I mean it jus tfeels wrong, that kind of weapon should go so fast that you can barly see it. Slash dmg could be a bit highe rtoo but the rest is ok.

Not every weapon is going to be a nightmarish tool of mass destruction. Since it's not a Prime weapon, I didn't suspect it would be quite as powerful as one, but then again, the Dual Ichor defied that trend. I'd still put Berserker on it because 15% is honestly all you need to make Berserker effective (especially with a multi-hit focused stance) but I'd actually hope it wasn't anything near the Dual Ichor. We don't need every weapon to be on that tier, as fun as the Dual Ichor may be.

I haven't actually gotten the weapon because I'm poor as heck and don't really like buying weapons I can get from clantech, but I have seen how the stance works and looked at the weapon's stats (and even farmed for Malicious Raptor already, got it this afternoon!). Honestly, I'll be keeping it just because it's Wolverine claws. The weapon does look like it could get a buff though.

Just looking at the stats, I feel like it could use some faster attacks and higher critical chance. As much as I ignore it when modding, 15% isn't really enough to do much, especially with how weak True Steel is. Honestly, the weapon would be bumped up a lot with just raises to both critical stats. Berserker pretty much removes any gripes with attack speed.

Though, I don't own the weapon yet, far from it. Just started building my own dojo, and I have to build an Oracle, then a Tenno Lab, then Asktiletto, then Sybaris, and finally I can get my hands on Venka.