Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Pressure Point Mod Disparity Vs. Killing Blow

Vaskadar

Compared to what the previous potential damage output was with melee damage mods, their current state is far below what it was, considering that one could equip a melee damage mod to their warframe, in addition to melee damage nodes, melee damage mods, etc. on their weapon, melee damage is sub-par in comparison to what it used to be, relegating most swords to the junk pile. Charge damage is now king by comparison, given that the charge damage can go up to 150%, whereas Pressure Point only hits a pitiful 42%.

Please buff pressure point to where it does have a great effect (fully leveled) on weapons reliant on melee attacks (i.e. fang, zoren, daggers, melee-reliant longswords).

Edited by Vaskadar

This guy is probably used to something else.. It's perfectly fine as it is now. Normal melee attacks are much faster than charge attacks, so why should the % be the same?.. Not like any of the melee weapons are bad.

Also keep in mind that charge attacks ignore any armor while many normal attacks don't. Do your numbers with a leveled sundering strike mod

Edited by Bitfly

This guy is probably used to something else.. It's perfectly fine as it is now. Normal melee attacks are much faster than charge attacks, so why should the % be the same?.. Not like any of the melee weapons are bad.

Also keep in mind that charge attacks ignore any armor while many normal attacks don't. Do you numbers with a leveled sundering strike mod

Where did I say that they should be the same? :\

I only mean that regular melee used to be a lot more viable (scaled better) than it does now. The numbers for melee mods should be in the 75% to 90% range, not a pitiful 42%.

42% is a lot to me. Slow swinging hard hitting charge attacks vs. fast hitting decent attacks (or of course a hybrid like Dual Heat Swords or Amphis). If you like to do normal melee attacks but seems like your damage just don't cut it(and that your weapon rank is up to date), try a charge damage weapon instead cause then it might just not be for you. Besides, imagine a Fang with +90% damage per attack along with its +60% attack speed (which you might also be forgetting to take into account).

Charge attack mods: Killing Blow great bonus, greater than Pressure Point, Reflex Coil rather useless as you can time charges anyways

Normal attack mods: Pressure point good bonus but much lower than Killing Blow, Fury great and much more useful than Reflex Coil.

- this is the balance

Edited by Bitfly

I have both on my weapon, because honestly, most mobs don't call for a 900+ damage charge attack, only heavy troops, otherwise i generally just do the hop-smash, or chain stagger them with comboing.

there are advantages to normal strikes, its fine the way it is.

Rifles are the ones that need a buff rather than regular melee attacks.

Edited by Karosu

Hmm honestly Pressure Point do need some buff.

First of all because it doesn't penetrate armor. Fast attacks? Sure, but try vs high level grineers without some armor penetration. 35 damage of Cronus is almost halved. (if I remember i did 19 and some more low damage on hit). How many dps you do in 5 sec with normal melee attack? usually you can't compare that to 2 charged damage.

At very last it should give +10% per stack, not +7%, so you can reach +60%. :p

We're talking late-end-game stat buffs though. I'm sitting at 35% on my pressure point and not one has dropped for the past couple of days, and 35% really doesn't do much compared to oh... say, 50%. Plus, there's no innate armor ignore on most melee weapons that are reliant on regular melee strikes.

Edited by Vaskadar

Normal attacks are faster but deal less damage, it evens outs and where it doesn't you get a weapon good for regular melee, just like there are weapons good for charging so where is your point? There is no reason why we shouldn't be able to buff regular melee like we buff charged melee, or not even by the same amount, say 2/3 instead of the current 1/3.

Also keep in mind that charge attacks ignore any armor while many normal attacks don't. Do your numbers with a leveled sundering strike mod

You got it wrong here too, armor piercing mods add up to the charged attacks too. So the innate armor ignore to charged attacks is only ANOTHER advantage compared to regular attacks. Edited by CubedOobleck

Normal attacks aren't even close comparable to charge attacks in terms of DPS. Try killing some Ancient [50] with, say, Gram modded for normal attacks, and then - for charge attacks. Then retry experiment with sword specifically suited for melee spam, like Mire or Heat (or Dual Zorens for that matter). Don't forget to include Sundering Strike for both configurations, and fire dmg mod as well.

Compare your results.

Dump your Pressure Point into a trash bin.

(Well, that was overly sarcastic - normal attacks still have their uses for normal enemies which can be 1-shotted with them, but stil...)

Edited by Dreamwalk3r

Well, charge damage and regular melee have pretty big gap in term of damage. However, striking balance between the two is hard since charge attack ignores armor thus making it a more viable solution.

42% pressure point require a lot of mods to up the damage output since it doesn't ignore armor. Sundering strike, Focus, Elemental damage are required to make regular melee able to compete with charge attack which require just reflex coil and killing blow to be viable.

Either give more utility to fast attack speed weapon or increase the its damage output. Right now, the only reason I use Fange is contagion combo and aesthetic reason.