Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Antitoxin Mod. Is It Worth It?

(PSN)Fated4Sweet

Question

I use a smokescreen Ash build and go to ODD alot but once we start getting into the 35+ waves I go down because of the Toxic Ancients. Nothing Ever hits me, but as I mow people down with my Orthos I get the Toxin Proc and just have to watch my health slowly tick away...

So I  have been reading up on the AntiToxin Mod 

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Antitoxin_(Mod)

Somebody said here 

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/136694-antitoxin-mod/

that it eliminates the proc completely does anyone know if that is true?

If not, does the 45% reduction make it worth putting on?

9 answers to this question

As far as I know, anti-toxin doesn't eliminate the proc but then I guess I hardly take enough toxin damage to get procced in the first place, however, it's definitely worth it against infested, especially on squishy frames that can't rely on armor or health.

Only time I don't run anti-toxin against infested is in the low level areas.

It could make the difference between being downed or getting away until a certain enemy level, and most of the time if you've reached that level it's because there's a Vaubon with an Penta and you really don't have to worry about anything at all.

Edited by RancidTurnip1603

saryn as she already has a toxin resistance 

what ? 

no warframes have resistance to their corresponding element (ie; ember immune to fire dmg, frost immune to shield ice reduction etc etc) but alot of people have been asking for this feature for sometime mostly to give individual frames more unique character 

its worth it on a dedicated infested build 

So Life Strike I have considered as well, the problem is- to use weapon channeling I have to take off Smoke screen. Therefore sacrificing the 400% damage multiplier. (Which is better than going down I guess) but still at that point every infested is going to be coming after me...

Also how is it easy to avoid the proc from ancients? That would solve the problem by itself, If I go down from an eximus that is fine, they spawn only time to time as is. Mostly fire ones in my experience tho.

So Life Strike I have considered as well, the problem is- to use weapon channeling I have to take off Smoke screen. Therefore sacrificing the 400% damage multiplier. (Which is better than going down I guess) but still at that point every infested is going to be coming after me...

Also how is it easy to avoid the proc from ancients? That would solve the problem by itself, If I go down from an eximus that is fine, they spawn only time to time as is. Mostly fire ones in my experience tho.

Hmm... what? You can use channeling while invisible.

You can dodge toxic ancients by not hugging them. Orthos has more than enough range to kill them without going to the poison range.

Edited by Naftal

I have not been able to. I guess I will have to try again but I am pretty sure. That means I am going to have to Switch my Orthos build around too... 

Can anybody verify that you can infact channel while Invisible/Smoke screened? I am at work right now and cant check.

Edited by (PS4)Fated4Sweet

I've channeled with Loki whilst invisible, so unless Ash is a special snowflake in that regard you'll be completely able to channel while being invisible.  You won't see the channeling effects on your character/weapon obviously though, cuz... y'know..... you're invisible.

But as others have covered, you're already using an Orthos so just utilize your range to your advantage and then keep Life Strike as an added insurance for when you do inevitably get hit by a toxin proc.  As a general rule of thumb, you shouldn't ever equip any of the resistance mods, there's always something more reliable and just outright better in terms of build choice to go with.  Unless of course you're starting out and don't even have other mods yet.