Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So The Grind Is Real, This We Know, But That Feeling When You Get Something!

billthebetta

I play for fun, though I sometime grind.

Though I found this:

I grind = No good mods

I don't grind, play rarely = WOW, TONS!

G3 hunting, no Natural Talent or Barrel Diffusion.

A few weeks later... on a random mission...

BOOM! G3 from a mark from an ally! Barrel Diffusion!

One week after that; T4 hunting... BOOM! Natural Talent!

Edited by jjpdn

The secret for grinding new things in this game seems to be to just wait until they're not new anymore. :P  I spend more time on the forums than playing now, mainly because I hope at some point I can help contribute to DE realizing some pretty bad mistakes they're making.  I wouldn't do that if I didn't thing they deserved it and that the game is good enough to deserve it.

I was grinding out levels on BF4 before playing Warframe. I would get extremely angry all the time because of BF4 and have LOVED playing Warframe, most of the community members are amazingly nice people and I don't mind the grind at all. I have been XP grinding on Earth ever since the stance mods have came out and although the tile set gets a little boring I don't feel like throwing my controller.

I agree though, when you finally get something you have been grinding for the feeling of satisfaction you get is amazing. For myself it was picking up a Crimson Dervish while playing solo. Sadly I had to sale it to get funds for a Jolt but I know I will get another, maybe even today.

Edited by (PS4)Joshuaalt

I've had my game uninstalled since mid update 12, got tired of the same grind and the grind really hasn't gotten better since. The Kubrows don't do much for me cause they don't add anything real to the game. (I'll admit that it's too soon to say that with absolute certainty but I don't see much coming from them. That's just me though.) There's still no story to this game at all, the missions don't take long to burn you out. The new "spaceships" aren't really spaceships, you can't fly them so there goes any real motivation that could have possibly sparked in me.  I've been here since CB and I'll honestly say that I'm pretty disappointed. (this is my opinion, don't agree with it, that's cool.) The grind hasn't gotten improved all that much since CB. DE also doesn't show very many signs of making the grind any better either. T4 void is kind of proof of that. I don't know if DE either just wants their game to be incredibly grindy or they just don't have the creative ability to come up with something that doesn't burn you out in a hour. I don't mean to belittle their work cause the art of the game is what brought me to this game in the first place. but the gameplay just keeps me from wanting to play this cause there's nothing to do but grind your days away. Kudos to the art team cause this game LOOKS great, but the doods working on the actual game itself need to come up with some sense of direction. It's been over a year now and this game still feels light years away from being a complete game. So there's a lot of things in question for me as far how good this game will be in the next year or two. Unless we see drastic changes, like actually getting meaningful content and not just a new shiny warframe and weapon to grind your soul away for. Lore based missions, not just some ridiculous grind with a shiny weapon to get to 30 at the end of it all. Again, this is just my opinion but each update is just as hollow as the last and this game needs to put some meat on it's bones with some lore already. 

I've had my game uninstalled since mid update 12, got tired of the same grind and the grind really hasn't gotten better since. The Kubrows don't do much for me cause they don't add anything real to the game. (I'll admit that it's too soon to say that with absolute certainty but I don't see much coming from them. That's just me though.) There's still no story to this game at all, the missions don't take long to burn you out. The new "spaceships" aren't really spaceships, you can't fly them so there goes any real motivation that could have possibly sparked in me.  I've been here since CB and I'll honestly say that I'm pretty disappointed. (this is my opinion, don't agree with it, that's cool.) The grind hasn't gotten improved all that much since CB. DE also doesn't show very many signs of making the grind any better either. T4 void is kind of proof of that. I don't know if DE either just wants their game to be incredibly grindy or they just don't have the creative ability to come up with something that doesn't burn you out in a hour. I don't mean to belittle their work cause the art of the game is what brought me to this game in the first place. but the gameplay just keeps me from wanting to play this cause there's nothing to do but grind your days away. Kudos to the art team cause this game LOOKS great, but the doods working on the actual game itself need to come up with some sense of direction. It's been over a year now and this game still feels light years away from being a complete game. So there's a lot of things in question for me as far how good this game will be in the next year or two. Unless we see drastic changes, like actually getting meaningful content and not just a new shiny warframe and weapon to grind your soul away for. Lore based missions, not just some ridiculous grind with a shiny weapon to get to 30 at the end of it all. Again, this is just my opinion but each update is just as hollow as the last and this game needs to put some meat on it's bones with some lore already. 

I agree on this. I like the weapons though. It's fun to try a new one.

But that's mostly all. 

The trick is balancing it so that good feels > bad feels.  Who wants to feel bad playing a game if the reward is not worth it?

And right now its definitely bad feels > good feels. Which is why I've taken a break and played other stuff.