Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Let's Meet: Pablo And Dorian

DE_Adam

We've seen and talked a lot about Update 14's UI overhaul these past few weeks, but sometimes it's just nice to know what's going on straight from the source.  That's why we decided to sit down with Pablo and Dorian, our resident UI duo, to learn a little bit more about what goes into making a more immersive (and fun to use) UI in Warframe. 

Check out the full interview here, and we hope their added insight helps answer some of your questions leading into this tremendous change!

I'm just trying to pick up my jaw after seeing Earth missions UI.

Just...damn. Amazing stuff here.

Let's hope it's not a nightmare to use. Having to scroll endlessly to find things may be quite irritating and time-consuming.

Edited by DavidSPD

To be completely honest.... That interview is awesome! Just finished reading and i think that the new UI is setting a new standard for the overhaul design of the game. What was shown in the interview puts a lot of AAA titles to shame.

Well done Pablo and Dorian! Can't wait to try it out for myself.

Again, 

Congrats guys.

Happy Friday to me!

Thanks for taking the time to fill us in, guys. I appreciate it.

Soory No Way I'm letting you hog up all the Happy Friday....HAPPY FRIDAY FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Also (DEltd.) Keep Dorian away from the Warframe helmets...I'm just saying...temptations....   

That was amazing.

Thanks so much! I love these inside looks into the processes of development and while I knew there was a lot of work going into this UI 'update' this interview really drove it home. You guys are remaking the entire front-end of Warframe. :D

Awesome! It's like a mini devstream.

Making the UI look awesome is probably the most important part of impressing new players because it's the most noticeable thing to a player before they start actually playing the game, and that first impression is huge. If your UI looks polished, a player will think the rest of the game is polished as well.

This interview is great, I would love to read more (wink wink notch notch). I've had my problems with the interface (especially in-game), but it's nice to see and read about the hard work constantly going on and the improvements that follow. You guys are doing an awesome job! 

And please put the flashing images in a spoiler (or something), it's really distracting.