Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Let's Meet: Pablo And Dorian

DE_Adam

Aloha Pablo and Dorian!

First off, I LOVE the new UI! You guys have done a great job, haha, I'm gonna enjoy playing around with that stuff. It got me to thinking though, what's next?

U14 looks to be a great improvement to user interface, and it got me to thinking, what else could we do? The first item was the solar map remake, the ring to which all planets are placed may be overcrowded once players open up more planets, could we separate the rings into areas? Or allow the player to see the maps in different ways? Maybe something like a map option that shows all the planets controlled by one faction or another (or majority controlled by that faction since the Corpus and the Grineer like to go at it a lot). Or separation by the inner solar system, and the outer solar system, that way the ring isn't crowded with so many planets at once. Also, the following may be an idea to be thought of in advancing the navigation. I've seen how the different nodes are selected in the planet you are currently viewing, and it is a grand step forward, but it also got me to thinking, what else could be done?

You’ve talked about making immersion very important with the new diagetic UI, and something to help with the new navigation is not only having the rings appear when the players select it, but also, as our heads now have movement pertaining to the position of the cursor, allow the Tenno that the player is using physically touch on the planet that the player has selected. Also, when a player wishes to rotate the ring of planets, to have the Tenno on screen slide his/her hands left or right, to show the ring moving in the direction that the player wishes it to go. Once you select a planet, the Tenno touches the planet, and the screen zooms in on said planet. Now, we move on to how node selection could be improved in coming updates.

One option could be that you could put the mission nodes on the planet, have it highlight a certain area of the planet, and when you select the mission, you can zoom in on that spot to see a Corpus compound or a Grineer installation to which you could storm, a visual representation of the structure or area or citadel to which you are attacking. Once you click “play now” you can see a Tenno Lissette zipping towards the compound. If you’re in a group, then more Lisette’s going towards the compound corresponding to how many people are in the group. When the node is selected, you could also have the Lotus speaking on what kind of mission it would be, like how she does when you enter the mission. Her dialogue could reveal the background of the mission, and also the Boss to whom the planet corresponds and why the Boss wants that node for their faction.

For the space missions, you could zoom in on the ship that you're about to attack, a miniature of it, floating in space. When you select that space mission, it shows your Tenno Ship dropping out of hyper space (or however they travel) near the ships area. And once the node is ready and the player clicks "play now" a little Lissette could be seen flying toward the Corpus, Grinner, Orokin, or Infested ship. When you drop out of hyper space (or after the mission) you can see the ship you just stormed in the distance from your main ship. On the topic of this, when a node is in conflict, could something be done like showing two of the ships battle each other in space, or the Corpus and Grineer fleets fighting one another . And if you slide your cursor over a Corpus ship and select it, it'll highlight the ship and Alad V (or whomever is the Corpus Boss on the planet, or invading Grineer leader (Grineer leader could be the closest Grineer Boss to that planet) grudgingly ask the Tenno for assistance in the conflict). You have something like this map in the Corpus ships during the node conflicts between the factions, its sitting in the Barracks area or something. But it shouldn’t be just that hologram representation, more fleshed out and actually showing ships in real time attacking one another. Once selected, your Lissette could be seen dropping out of hyper space and outside of your Lissette window the battle transpiring.

The same principle of selecting the ships applies in this situation. When the player clicks on either the Corpus or Grineer ship, the Tenno themselves touch the ship to begin the transmission.

Alad V:

“Tenno, I know we have had differences in the past. Different interests in profits and such, what with you trying to kill me and all and me butchering your friends, but the Grineer threaten both our profits. Help me hold this position, and I will reward you for it. Oh, and I promise, Zanuka will play nice the next time I let her go on a…walk.”

Sargus Ruk:

“Tennnno… you have helped the Grineer before….. against Alad…. V. Gravitus was a way for you to….. reclaim your bretheren…. Assist me and my bretheren against these Corpus machines….. and we will pay you handsomely for your efforts…. The Sisters asked for your “help”….personally.”

After you hear the Dialogue of one or the other, or both, the Lotus might wanna put in her two cents. (Dialogue could tie in with the alignment system you guys were talking about a few streams back)

Lotus:

“The choice is yours, Tenno. Help [Planetary Boss] hold this position, and the [insert Home Faction Name Here] will continue to have possession of [insert Planet Name Here]. If you assist [invading Boss] against [Planetary Boss] the [invading Faction Name Here] will gain a strategic foothold on [Planet in Dispute Name Here].”

The same approach could be used with the Dark Sector conflicts. Once the DS comes under conflict, show the two Solar Rails in front of the Tenno in his/her navigational layout, and Tenno Lissette slipstreams (jet/exhaust trails?) going back and forth between the rails, and explosions around the rails. Again, selecting one rail or another would envoke the warlord/tactician of that rail to ask for your assistance in this fight. Once you’ve chosen your side, you could zoom in on where the new pvp setup would be, and select the match to join it, or if you’re one of the persons that like to do the mobile defense (or if a pvp match is unavailable), you can select the mobile defense option.

Gosh, I've posted this into three or four different threads I believe. I'm sorry to any moderators that are scratching their heads right now! Thank you guys also for doing your jobs.

I do hope these suggestions are helpful, or they might spark some interest in you guys!

Thank you again for all your hard work.

Oh my, what do we have here? c:

-snip-

I'm more interested in the objective at one of the in-game shots from that gif, that reads:

GO SPEAK TO THE LOTUS AT THE MARKER

If it means what I HOPE it means, holy ship.

Edited by Shifted

CN40KbY.png

Also, on the topic of the Let's Meet, very enjoyable to read. It's always nice to get to know those working behind the scenes, and those screenies look absolutely incredible. Wonderful work Pablo and Dorian, I am very much looking forward to this contribution to the game. :)

I'm more curious about what's in the upper right. "Speak to the Lotus at marker ---"?

Edit: Tenno'd on the above point. Never the first, eh?

This is a great UI, guys. I respect a company that is willing to make such drastic changes and experiment with new visual styles rather than sticking to tried and true methods. This interface looks cleaner and more intuitive all around. That the interface is diegetic too - man, that speaks much for boosting the game's immersion and keeping the magic circle. I wish more, if not all games, had diegetic interfaces. I want to incorporate that into my own game ideas as well!

Diegetic is the word of the day, just so you know.

Edited by Garuda112

I'm more interested in the objective at one of the in-game shots from that gif, that reads:

GO SPEAK TO THE LOTUS AT THE MARKER

If it means what I HOPE it means, holy ship.

Welcome to the wonderful world of PLACEHOLDERS!

And I'm pretty sure if there will be such a task, you will have to go to a TV and she will contact you from her place as usual.

A question regarding the new player ships.

In the interview it's said that "As an experienced user everything will already be there".

Will we experienced players be able to go through the same initial steps as a new user would?

I would very much like to try the whole proces from start to finish.

I remember something from a past devstream where Steve said that veteran player feedback would be especially important to them in that case which requires them to be able to do the quest. And as it is kind of a part of the tutorial, maybe sooner or later it might be replayable like the tutorial is now... like resetting your ship or something. I strongly believe we be able to piece our own Liset together. And I can't wait to do that.

^^ This.

Long version below.

It was mentioned on FB, but I spam it here as well. Warframe is still beta, updated more and less buggy than "AAA" titles. With a highly approachable and transparent Dev team to seal the deal. Theres not a single Warframe player that can say they dont know or easily cant find out whats coming up next.

It seriously continues to get better and better week by week. Keep up the great work DE; ignore all the hate and 'armchair developers' that already destroyed other games/communities with their demands and now troll here. Proud to be a Founder and I'd rather continue to throw my money at you guys instead of some other 'games' where the Devs don't say anything and offer screenshots in return for money. (yes RSI, I'm trash talking your champagne dreams -beer budget vaporware)

Label me a fanboi, but it's nice to finally like and have faith in a developer again after so many others have ruined the title for so long.

That's a little off topic, but what has RSI done to you (and others)? I'm curious. I know my friends are all throwing huge amounts of money at Star Citizen, which I find a little early and expensive.

CN40KbY.png

Also, on the topic of the Let's Meet, very enjoyable to read. It's always nice to get to know those working behind the scenes, and those screenies look absolutely incredible. Wonderful work Pablo and Dorian, I am very much looking forward to this contribution to the game. :)

I believe sooner or later Magnus Prime will make it's way in the game, but who knows when this will be. Perhaps some 14.X update like Loki or even later. We'll see. So it might be (for now) a placeholder, just like the Vay Hek thing and other stuff.

---

I really loved the Let's Meet. Please continue this as often as possible, in my opinion this is a great way to let the players have a more detailed insight in a specific part of what's to come for the game. Showing bits and pieces at the devstreams (which I wouldn't want to miss and is awesome, too, don't get me wrong!) is great for a general overview, but doesn't always show much details of the process behind the shiny new things we get.

Although it's not even a small part of upcoming features it's surely is beautiful and awe-inspiring - can't wait for live release.

I hope that dojo UI will also get some love - it desperately needs it. Structure (room/decoration) selection is cluttered and barely readable - some categories would be much appreciated while research menu would surely benefit from classic research tree layout.

Is there any special reason why the article is in German? I'd prefer to read it in English, but I can't see any language selection buttons anywhere. Help?

It seems to have vanished for a moment there, but it's all fixed now!  Sorry about that!

Lo primero ,gracias por traducirlo al Español.

Existen cosas que por intuicion logras entender pero otras decididamente estas perdido en otro idioma.

De tal manera que segun entiendo en " mi nave" PC  voy a poder equipar el warframe con un solo click!  !Perfecto¡

voy a poder disfrutar de el arte grafico sobre el universo y maravillarme con texturas, luces, colocacion etc..! Genial¡

Y todo ello con funcionalidad e inmersion.. ¡Alucinante!

Viva la creatividad y la voluntad para trasladar las  ideas al plano real

Sois unos ARTISTAS, asi con mayusculas, trasladais al escritor,cineasta,pintor,decorador,escultor al plano virtual y los jugadores podemos sentirnos

parte de ello. Eso señores se llama Genialidad.

De verdad os deseo lo mejor en vuestra vida profesional y personal.

Permitidme un regalo, poca cosa en coparacion con vuestra obra.

BgoYno7.jpg

THX. ;-D