Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is The Gorgon Any Good ?

Xxaveragecat300xX

Question

It's cool, makes you feel like a heavy from TF2, but the damage is really sub-par, accuracy is bad, and the reload is terrible. Once you pass Venus, you'll empty entire clips trying to kill 4 enemies, and even then there'll be one left shooting at you while you reload for 4.2 seconds.

Now if I had a chance at a gorgon wraith, I would most definitely build that. Not as good as some other guns but good enough while still having close to the same feel. But alas, that weapon was before I even heard about Warframe.

Edited by RancidTurnip1603

It's mastery fodder.

It's difficult to work with and the results even after extensive modification with forma are still substandard compared to more readily available weapons. Even the Supra is less hassle, and that's seriously saying something.

The Gorgon Wraith is another matter, but you either have one or you don't. It might see reintroduction at some point, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

If you really want an LMG class weapon, the Soma is the best answer to that question at present.

I wish it got a buff, honestly. The weapon looks and sounds too cool to be so bad.

I haven't looked at the numbers, but I'm tempted to polarize it to try and make it better. I'm not sure how good the dps can get, though, I'm not good with numbers (or interpreting those numbers in the context of the game)

I'm working through polarizing mine, gotten 4 in so far.

Yes, the Wraith version is objectively superior, but also unobtainable for who knows how long and who knows why. If I had it my way, Wraith/Vandal would just become aesthetic skins and the default models would take on the stats of the upgraded ones... but I digress.

In addition, the Supra (yes, that other machine gun that sucks) gets higher numbers than even the Wraith version, and Soma trumps the three of them, and then Boltor Prime laughs at every other weapon in the game.

If you like a gun, use it. I still manage to get top damage scores with my Gorgon Freeman.