Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tiger Venka And Crane Nikana

Drache

i was thinking about the nikana and its upgrade and I have a idea

There’s four legendary animals In Chinese mythology , that correspond the four directions, the crane (south), the tiger (west), the turtle (north) and the dragon (east), then I made a relation between these animals and the factions in Warframe:

Dragon: Tenno
Tiger: Infestation
Turtle: Grineer
Crane: Corpus

so, if you can upgrade you nikana to dragon nikana, why not to crane nikana? The Crane Nikana can use Corpus technology, and cause 50% of electric damage and 50% normal (impact, slash and puncture).
same concept to Tiger Nikana and Turtle Nikana

and I will really like to see the Venka use that upgrade system, the Tiger Venka can have better crit chance to be usable the berseker mod…

Ps: anyone how knows Chinese Mythology, this is a grotesque approximation, plz don’t crucify me ;D
Pss: I rly try to make my english work, sorry any mistake or bad syntax =p

anyone who uses the word grotesque in a correct fashion is a master of the English language.

I would actually like that a lot. this is a really cool idea for those that want to feel a bit more "traditional" in their ninjaing.

I also think that it would be cool if it was expanded to other weapons as well. but I feel like they would have to be tenno weapons in order for it to make sense

So basically an upgrade system where we can choose paths for our weapons to upgrade towards for our specific play style that would be based on technology of each race that said prefix is based around, with the prefixes being based around Chinese mythology of Guardians of the corners of the Earth (or gates, I forgot. I failed history)?

Sounds like a plan. Now how about upgrading Warframes in said ways which would also have changes to their abilities, how they work, and their stats? I would like a Dragon Ember Prime.

Based on what I know from killing (and being killed by) each race, here's what I have devised in terms of weapons and Warframes:

Melee Weapon Upgrades:

Dragon: +Normal Damage (Slash, Impact, Puncture) +Finisher Damage

Tiger: +Range +Speed

Turtle: +Crit Chance +Elemental Damage

Crane: +Shock +Proc Chance

Ranged Weapon Upgrades:

Dragon: +Normal Damage (Slash, Impact, Puncture) +Magazine Capacity

Tiger: +Fire Rate +Reload Speed

Turtle: +Crit Chance +Elemental Damage

Crane: +Shock +Proc Chance

Warframe Upgrades:

Dragon: +Power Duration +Speed

Tiger: +Health +Power Range

Turtle: +Armor +Power Damage

Crane: +Shields +Energy

If you all have any other ideas how we can modify this, by all means you should post them. The more this idea gets developed, the higher chance it could be added (with us doing all the thinking).

Edit: Since we also have Dragon Vault Keys, why not have other keys for things based on each animal as well, with each vault containing something based around said race (race in Warframe, not animal), and all enemies in that vault being that race, with infested incorporated as well but they work together since the race had their minds taken over by the infested. They could even have a sort of infested design. In the Tiger vault, though, there would just be more infested.

Edited by ShiningArmor

i think that Turtle should be more defensive (proc, magazine, armor),

Dragon more powerful (damage, power strength and range),

Tiger more vicious (crit, atk speed, sprint speed and stamina recovery)

and Crane more crafty (part of the damage or all damage become elemental, reload speed, shield and power efficiency)

i think that Turtle should be more defensive (proc, magazine, armor),

Dragon more powerful (damage, power strength and range),

Tiger more vicious (crit, atk speed, sprint speed and stamina recovery)

and Crane more crafty (part of the damage or all damage become elemental, reload speed, shield and power efficiency)

I was actually thinking in terms of the Warframe races they embody lol. Infested for Health since... well they have health. And Corpus for shields since it is energy based. Grineer for armor since they are tough and heavily armored. That was your original idea.

so, if you can upgrade you nikana to dragon nikana, why not to crane nikana? The Crane Nikana can use Corpus technology, and cause 50% of electric damage and 50% normal (impact, slash and puncture).

But we can work on them and create something truly beautiful that DEL will HAVE to implement because of how amazing an idea it is. :P And how much everyone has been wanting it lately based on some threads I've read (and made) on power upgrades.

Edited by ShiningArmor

do not get me wrong, I really appreciate your opinion and help, is just my opinion, good as yours ;D

(I just want see Tiger Venka with 25% crit and a nasty thing growing in it =p)

Well see if you can come up with some you like, it was just my idea combined with yours. I think it would be a great idea though.

This is somewhat akin to the lenses we're supposed to be getting soon for our Warframe, but I'd rather have this personally.

I would guess this would require crafting. Lenses wouldn't (?) I would bet that lenses would not require crafting and I think we hare way to reliant on the crafting system anyway, there needs to be some stuff around outside crafting so you don't have to craft to enjoy some things

I go for this. Puts alot more consideration into what type of weapon you want and how to personalize it to your style. How would you exactly obtain these upgrade paths though? Similar to the Nikana where you would have to make a base weapon first, then go to the market and buy the upgrade bp? I also imagine once you chose that path, the rest are closed off. 

Edited by cryotech9020

i was thinking about the nikana and its upgrade and I have a idea

There’s four legendary animals In Chinese mythology , that correspond the four directions, the crane (south), the tiger (west), the turtle (north) and the dragon (east), then I made a relation between these animals and the factions in Warframe:

Dragon: Tenno

Tiger: Infestation

Turtle: Grineer

Crane: Corpus

same concept to Tiger Nikana and Turtle Nikana

and I will really like to see the Venka use that upgrade system, the Tiger Venka can have better crit chance to be usable the berseker mod…

Ps: anyone how knows Chinese Mythology, this is a grotesque approximation, plz don’t crucify me ;D

Pss: I rly try to make my english work, sorry any mistake or bad syntax =p

This is an incredibly good idea! It might however, be viewed as "filler" for mastery rank, having 4 weapons with the same base, that's 12000 affinity as opposed to 3000, maybe the base item, and then an ascended version that you can freely modify between the four?

I think found the upgrade blueprints in research, or an advance research room, or in the oracle, you know, make the oracle USEFUL

Maybe the components are rare and faction exclusive like oxyum, mutagem mass, that stuff