Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Psa- Large Scale Pvp

BrotherIcarus

Just want to remind anyone asking for a large scale PvP that it will not be a good thing with the way that warframe currently does multiplayer.

At the moment warframe uses a Player to player system to do its multiplayer which is fine(ish) for a 4 player coop game, but there is problems when you start adding more player or PvP (Due to the fact that a single frame can be the difference between one player winning over the other)

Now then this system may work but even with only 4 players it has faults that well is impossible to fix as so much relies on the individual players connection. Now when you start adding more players to the mix it only gets worse.

I speak from experience that even something that is only an 8v8 PvP game can have tremendous lag.

I have nothing against PvP in warframe but if it stays as the current Player to player connection system anything bigger that 4v4 will not be a good thing in the long run.

We'll be getting a very, very basic PvP game mode soon enough. It will be a decent distraction for people who want it. It acts a little like a MOBA.

I imagine DE is interested in making things like that game mode take place on a sever of their own. I hope they can.

We'll be getting a very, very basic PvP game mode soon enough. It will be a decent distraction for people who want it. It acts a little like a MOBA.

I imagine DE is interested in making things like that game mode take place on a sever of their own. I hope they can.

Oh god please.

Please no. Did you just say something will be like a moba in warframe?

Please...no god...no.

Oh god please.

Please...no god...no.

If you want a Teamdeath match thats going to be even more stupid. Remember acrids murdering everything in a split second?

Unless DE makes a pvp fix for weapons and warframes, that pvp mode will flood forums with hate and nerf/buff theads.

Actually yea, it kinda resembles moba because of the talk that explains how we get to unlock the mods of our weapons and warframes while playing in game. It resembles Leveling in MOBA's to unlock the skills or skill levels.

If you want a Teamdeath match thats going to be even more stupid. Remember acrids murdering everything in a split second?

Unless DE makes a pvp fix for weapons and warframes, that pvp mode will flood forums with hate and nerf/buff theads.

Actually yea, it kinda resembles moba because of the talk that explains how we get to unlock the mods of our weapons and warframes while playing in game. It resembles Leveling in MOBA's to unlock the skills or skill levels.

Lets wait and see how that works out, but i dont think that new PvP mode will be any better than conclaves.

Honestly, if they add a PvP part to this game I would much rather see players being a Grineer and Corpus unit. Add the normal fodder troops into the fight and give players a new Grineer and Corpus model type that will allow for a balanced PvP fight. Warframes and their weapons are far too crazy with damage to add that great of a PvP feel.

Edit: For larger scale battles, I mean. Tenno having a 2v2 is fine.

Edited by ArchBlood

I'd probably wouldn't mind PvP if it wasn't like CoD's 'kill or die in a split second'. 

PvP now: Find the other guy and hope you shoot first, you hit him he'll die in a split second, and vice versa.

How I wish PvP was: Find the other guy and engage in a firefight, see how fast your's and his health goes down, try different tactics/abilities if it looks like you're going to lose.

I saw the firefights going on in the devstream showing the dark sector conflict and I liked how it took time for the players to die, forcing them to go through different tactics like melee, abilities, etc to kill the other people faster. But I know that in-game it isn't like that, I just wish it was.

I'd probably wouldn't mind PvP if it wasn't like CoD's 'kill or die in a split second'. 

PvP now: Find the other guy and hope you shoot first, you hit him he'll die in a split second, and vice versa.

How I wish PvP was: Find the other guy and engage in a firefight, see how fast your's and his health goes down, try different tactics/abilities if it looks like you're going to lose.

I saw the firefights going on in the devstream showing the dark sector conflict and I liked how it took time for the players to die, forcing them to go through different tactics like melee, abilities, etc to kill the other people faster. But I know that in-game it isn't like that, I just wish it was.

To be fair

You only die quickly if you dont know how to hide and dodge for the most part

When ember comes in with WoF theres an issue though

Oh god please.

Please...no god...no.

Only to the extent that it has a lot of NPC enemies mixed into the battle and takes place in an attack/defend mode. While I'm not entirely sure I'm accurate, it appeared to work something like this:

One team, the Defenders has to protect their Tower systems or something like that. They have things like Turret defenses and a constant stream of Specters their clan has prepared to aide them.

The other team has a limited number or respawns. A ticket system. They have to blow up the other teams stuff before they can no longer respawn.

However both teams start out as a depowered version of their frame. As you kill specters and do stuff you get XP that will slowly bring the mods on your different weapons online. No one starts as a helicoptering tornado or instantaneous death. They work their way to that point.

So there is a very loose inspiration drawn from MOBA games, but it is still trying to do it's own thing and work with what Warframe has going for it.

Anything bigger than 2vs2 ( and that is stretching it ) wont work in Warframe. As 70 % of the players can barely host 4 man groups.

There was a glitch back far earlier in the Beta that would allow more then 4 players to end up in a single Defense lobby together. While it was still happening I ended up in several 6-8 player 'bugged' lobbies that worked fairly well.