Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is It Me Or Have Things Been Getting Worse?

PhinPup

Like I have been playing since like I dunno, February and love the game but lately not so much anymore as there are so many issues..

1> Enemies spawn randomly in the front or behind you, out of thin air, this is most annoying doing things like extermination, also sometimes Lotus says no more enemies then I encounter a couple randomly.

2> The bugs.. omg so many lately, last 3 updates have been blah.

3> Adding more to the game without first fixing a decent amount of bugs = burying bugs making them harder to find later on down the line thus it's only going to get worse.

4> Now randomly I get killed in one two shots where it used to take many even with full shields 700+ and health above 1,054 with my Saryn while fighting level 10 to mid 20 some, it's somewhat random but is happening about once per match, mainly noticeable while playing Solo, yes I had played Solo allot in the past with these same missions with same stats on my character as that character has remained unchanged for some time now (give or take maybe 5% shields/armor/health but not enough to make that difference).

I'm just getting more and more frustrated and noticing it's becoming less enjoyable and more glitchy in general, yes it's a BETA but it should be getting slowly better not quickly worse in my opinion.

I've also noticed allot of censoring with others who bring this sorta thing to light, that is not a sign of a decent company, it's like a dictator in a country trying to silence the populace, seriously even some I have seen that have been decent posts have vanished and such. Lets just remove the posts and it will all go away.. really? This is the internet it won't go away and it will eventually come back to bite you in the butt.

I'm just saying, try to fix a few things, we can wait for new stuff if we see you fixing it, don't let it go to waste like many other games by tacking on new stuff while ignoring the issues at hand, not when you have something this good, the game, the plot, the overall game play is brilliant, the bleeding through of "we're going to milk it until it dies" isn't so good.

That is how I feel, take it or leave it, it's not all bad but lately I been not playing as much despite wanting too to avoid the frustration of being disappointed at what it is becoming!

It all started about 3 or 4 regular updates ago if that at all helps.

Feel free to move this if it needs to, I felt it best fit in GD.

Hoping for a better future for WF, cheers!

I've also noticed allot of censoring with others who bring this sorta thing to light, that is not a sign of a decent company, it's like a dictator in a country trying to silence the populace, seriously even some I have seen that have been decent posts have vanished and such. Lets just remove the posts and it will all go away.. really? This is the internet it won't go away and it will eventually come back to bite you in the butt.

When feedback fails to remain respectful (yes it is possible to give negative feedback without insulting the developers or using inappropriate language) it violates the rules. Posts that violate the rules are liable to be removed.

Basically as long as feedback remains respectful and objective then it won't get removed. This is something that a lot of players struggle with.

im already missing melee 1.0 and soon the ui, there's too much change for the sake of change in this game

Embrace the changes. Don't fear 'em. I also disagree, in my opinion Melee 2.0 is a lot better than 1.0, and I'm looking forward to the new UI as an in-game sort of thing (much like the consoles in Doom 3 or Dead Space).

When feedback fails to remain respectful (yes it is possible to give negative feedback without insulting the developers or using inappropriate language) it violates the rules. Posts that violate the rules are liable to be removed.

Basically as long as feedback remains respectful and objective then it won't get removed. This is something that a lot of players struggle with.

Yeah and even when it does remain respectful it's about as good as a weedwhacker in the mutant plant takeover.

im already missing melee 1.0 and soon the ui, there's too much change for the sake of change in this game

If you really have a problem with melee 2.0, get your glaive, and don't equip it. There you go, the exact attack pattern over and over AND a charge attack! /sarcasm

Embrace the changes. Don't fear 'em. I also disagree, in my opinion Melee 2.0 is a lot better than 1.0, and I'm looking forward to the new UI as an in-game sort of thing (much like the consoles in Doom 3 or Dead Space).

In addition, this isn't to say things are perfect. Nothing ever is, and everything can use improvement. But I also agree that many things are better than they once were.

Yeah and even when it does remain respectful it's about as good as a weedwhacker in the mutant plant takeover.

See, this is a wrong way of thinking.

Some players (I'm not talking about you specifically) need to get over the notion that, if they yell/whine/insult long enough, DE will finally give in and change things they way that person wants it.

DE does listen to feedback, quite often, actually. There are just a lot of impatient people who think that the game needs to be changed the instant they don't like something.

maybe i haven't i haven't the right the right weapon in melee 2.0. As for the new ui i cant really fully judge until its released, i hope they will make it as fast and easy to navigate as it is right now

I haven't experienced any of the problems you've listed. In fact I've experienced very few bugs, and the last few weeks they have been really good about hot-fixing, so I'm not seeing your issues.

Just you wait until the crappy new ui comes along...

I personally think the new ui looks like a mess, so savour the time you have the decent and fast ui now...

Based on your name and types of comment, I am 90% sure you're just trolling. Just cut it out now. No one likes trolls.

Edited by Khaos_Zand3r

I haven't experienced any of the problems you've listed. In fact I've experienced very few bugs, and the last few weeks they have been really good about hot-fixing, so I'm not seeing your issues.

Based on your name and types of content, I am 90% sure you're just trolling. Just cut it out now. No one likes trolls.

not trolling bro, offering my opinion. Not trying to cause a war but a bit of discussion...

Oh honey, you're still young in terms of game time...dont' get cynical this soon....you're a few months early yet.

To be brutally honest, I think DE does not adequately test their coding and if they say they do, then the tester needs to be fired as holy game glitches batman (look at the recent event if you want an idea).

Oh honey, you're still young in terms of game time...dont' get cynical this soon....you're a few months early yet.

To be brutally honest, I think DE does not adequately test their coding and if they say they do, then the tester needs to be fired as holy game glitches batman (look at the recent event if you want an idea).

lol cant wait for ps4 breeding grounds... :D

So I have been around since the beginning of Feb 2013 and have experienced so many huge game changes, every single change has improved the game in some way or another. Sure not everyone enjoys all the changes, and absolutely the learning curve for new players gets steeper with every big update/change, but progress needs to happen regardless.

There are always going to be bugs, but what you seem to think as big amounts of bugs/issues is in comparison minute to what it use to be. Hotfixes are usually down to 1-3 after a patch as instead of what use to be 7+ at some points. 

If you are that frustrated with the game, take a little time away and then return refreshed with an open mind to everything going on. 

lol cant wait for ps4 breeding grounds... :D

May the Lotus be with you my son. I was just lucky I did not run into any game breaking glitches when I ran through it with the party I was with. I was nervous about it as I was worried about any changes DE makes would effect my score but just wanted to get the vandal so hoped they wouldn't take it away from me if I did run into them.

Edited by Zaresin

Bro, I've been playing since the beginning of open beta, and you ain't got no room to talk on this game bein' bad. This is a shining angel compared to buggy, broken, unbalanced mess Warframe used to be.

Now, however, Update 14 looks to be a gift from Heaven and I plan on shoveling out more of my time to enjoy the LLLLLOOOORRRREEEE!!!!

Imagine it like this: You cook a food, and you test it yourself. You will notice some things that need improvement. You adjust the recipe, and test it again until you are satisfied. And then you invite your 10 other friends to try it. Although you think you've made a good enough food, now there's 10 other mouth which have different taste and different view about your food. They certainly have different opinion about your food. Now test the food to ten thousand people. You will get thousand opinion. Some of them maybe never cross your mind because even though you're a great cook, you're still a human.

I can't blame DE for many bugs in this game. Even if DE test the game adequately, they can't simulate every possibilities. That's why we, the player, should give a good feedback for them to improve their game. And by I mean feedback, is a well-thought, well-phrased, backed with proofs, respectful feedback (it still can be negative feedback too).

Imagine it like this: You cook a food, and you test it yourself. You will notice some things that need improvement. You adjust the recipe, and test it again until you are satisfied. And then you invite your 10 other friends to try it. Although you think you've made a good enough food, now there's 10 other mouth which have different taste and different view about your food. They certainly have different opinion about your food. Now test the food to ten thousand people. You will get thousand opinion. Some of them maybe never cross your mind because even though you're a great cook, you're still a human.

I can't blame DE for many bugs in this game. Even if DE test the game adequately, they can't simulate every possibilities. That's why we, the player, should give a good feedback for them to improve their game. And by I mean feedback, is a well-thought, well-phrased, backed with proofs, respectful feedback (it still can be negative feedback too).

Oh I completely agree with you...crowd sourcing is an amazing thing, but considering they break certain things almost religiously, my first thought as a gamer (as many gamers on the forums joke about) check the void, check ODD, check pathing, check check check check. It kind of becomes a broken record after awhile. When checking quality of anything, you always check your weakest links first. We all know where they tend to have the weakest links are at and yet we always have issues....every....single...time. At some point I have to stop saying, its ok you made a booboo you'll get it right next time....at some point I have to call it what it is....incompetence on someone's part as someone keeps dropping the ball somewhere.

I've been playing since May.. 2013. Things are great compared to some past bumps in the road on the way here.

I don't have the same perspective considering I didn't play then, but just voicing my frustration, as a player, a developer and general programmer, I just feel there could be some attention in some areas before moving on and such and I understand how progressively more frustrating and hard it gets if things are cleaned up as you go along, no I don't have access to the code and know this for sure but the feeling and my roommate also has experience the same issues, it's just frustrating and I am hoping for some improvements in already areas, before we move on, hey I like new stuff but I'd like a more consistent feel to smoothness and I know it's possible, yeah it's Beta but it could be a bit more smooth rather than getting less and less smooth, occasional hiccups are one thing and should be expected but recently it's been more consistent.

Thank you for a respectable explination and yes I agree, even I find it hard to maintain composure though granted I waited on purpose a bit before coming here to cool down after a very unpleasant double death in Solo when truly shouldn't have occurred!

I will try to remain civil for everyone's benefit including your and other mods sanity, I been there before also, so yeah.. I hope others can also in their replies to this.

Everyone has opinions, some will like changes some won't, I don't fear change but at the same time when changes come so quickly while there are issues still needing attention it begins to feel like it is just being put off and buried and that isn't great, granted it could be worse.

Changes are great sometimes, like the feature of going in for a mission then lotus coming on and saying screw what you're doing, kill em all, that is brilliant in my opinion, it keeps things from getting stale but some other things shouldn't change as often, like UI stuff, it been only a couple months since the last one, give a bit more time before making people have to learn something crucial like a UI change :-) but that is just an example really.

See, this is a wrong way of thinking.

Some players (I'm not talking about you specifically) need to get over the notion that, if they yell/whine/insult long enough, DE will finally give in and change things they way that person wants it.

DE does listen to feedback, quite often, actually. There are just a lot of impatient people who think that the game needs to be changed the instant they don't like something.

This is why I wanted to chime in, to not be rude about it and say look, this is how I feel from many hours of playing (probably to much) over a few months, to voice my thoughts as respectably as possible and maybe some thought will occur, maybe not, so far I've learned it was likely once even worse off, granted it was earlier in development and expected, yes it could be worse but at the same time in some aspect could be better, just some really silly things going on that may take a bit to find but to fix shouldn't be horrible, and detecting a trend of ignore and move on is my main concern here, I just hope sight is not lost on quality over quantity (more adding, less fixing), if that feeling can go away I'll feel better just from that, knowing and seeing things fixed, yes some things the past few micro updates have been addressed but those were big and got allot of people talking and it seems that is what it took.. like hey, lets see how long we can go without having to deal with it, oh look, allot of people are mad, lets do something finally after 6+ months of not doing anything.

That is what I am getting at mainly.

Based on your name and types of comment, I am 90% sure you're just trolling. Just cut it out now. No one likes trolls.

The wonderful thing about computers, they aren't created equal, not saying you aren't having issues, just keep in mind, some bugs could be dependent on even a CPU granted this isn't as often, but I have an APU with on board graphics which runs decently and such and been fine for awhile, I've worked with computers and programmed since age 9 so I know first hand about these things.

I assure you I am not a troll, just because someone doesn't like something someone said or agree with them doesn't make someone a troll.

Much the same as the potential for someone to just reply to someone stating as you stated could just as easily been a troll so it's best to not even go down that road.

Trying to keep it civil and on topic, don't derail with pointing fingers and stuff.

If you think I was being cynical you have much to experience in life. Frustrated yes, cynical, I could have gone so much further but I remained composed. :p

Oh I completely agree with you...crowd sourcing is an amazing thing, but considering they break certain things almost religiously, my first thought as a gamer (as many gamers on the forums joke about) check the void, check ODD, check pathing, check check check check. It kind of becomes a broken record after awhile. When checking quality of anything, you always check your weakest links first. We all know where they tend to have the weakest links are at and yet we always have issues....every....single...time. At some point I have to stop saying, its ok you made a booboo you'll get it right next time....at some point I have to call it what it is....incompetence on someone's part as someone keeps dropping the ball somewhere.

Well, like I said, they can't simulate every possibilities. Still using the cook analogy, when you cook a food and test it by yourself, you test the food with the condition and environment that happen in your kitchen. When your friend test it, beside different taste and view, they also have different condition that you can't replicate in the kitchen. For example, maybe one of your friend are coming after running for miles. He is tired and thirsty, so he drink a lot of water before eat your food. So when he try your food, his stomach full of water and maybe what you cook won't be taste as good. Another cases, maybe your friend just eat something sweet (like chocolate), and your food itself is sweet. He won't taste the sweetness in your food like when you taste your food.

Just like that, there's a lot of things that can never be simulated perfectly when testing the game. Lag, for prime example. and then there's lot of things like temperature (trust me, it affect certain process differently in every computer), net connection, whether the client connect directly to server or the client is behind firewall (or firewalls), lots of lots router and switch configuration, and more. That's why they seems like they break things religiously. It's not because they never test that part, but because they can't always simulate the condition that made it happen.

Sorry miss-read that, was directed some body else but lets not go pointing and such, keep it civil and adult shall we?

Warframe is still a bit of a 'mess', but Warframe has grown immensely from 'the old days', and positively in almost every single way.

positive overall.

I hope you are right and I expect it to grow because overall it is epic win, just hoping for a few things to get attention before a bunch more gets added, I can't wait for the additions but then again I personally can wait slightly longer if it can be stabilized before more madness is added, lol