Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is It Me Or Have Things Been Getting Worse?

PhinPup

Can someone please help me i have been playing warframe for about a week just fine and after playing it on my laptop at a friends house i cant login and it is stuck on the update screen and keeps saying error internet timedout and my internet is just fine.is it just me????

Bro, I've been playing since the beginning of open beta, and you ain't got no room to talk on this game bein' bad. This is a shining angel compared to buggy, broken, unbalanced mess Warframe used to be.

Now, however, Update 14 looks to be a gift from Heaven and I plan on shoveling out more of my time to enjoy the LLLLLOOOORRRREEEE!!!!

You may have a point but I can only go based off my experience this far, it's more of a cautionary view point of please don't ignore issues before moving on adding more and more on, it frankly could be better but yes as you said it could be much worse and feeling lately it been heading that direction, I hope I am wrong and I hope you are right about update 14 which we are closing in on, I just hope some things go away with that change!

Heck I may even decide to completely reinstall from scratch one of these days and see if that helps at all, some of them could just be framentation  or something, I frankly didn't think of that till just now honestly, but the seeing new things come along while fairly major things not being fixed isn't just me by the looks and is my main concern, if they can manage to fix more bugs before major updates I'd personally be more happy just seeing that but that is just what I'd like to see personally, I'm just one player, I'll come back and update on if anything I do changes anything for the better, yes I actually do come back, it's a shock for some to see, lol. I'm not that guy who solves something and doesn't update others, or that other guy who comes back just to say I fixed it but not saying how, I can NOT stand that my self!

Well, like I said, they can't simulate every possibilities. Still using the cook analogy, when you cook a food and test it by yourself, you test the food with the condition and environment that happen in your kitchen. When your friend test it, beside different taste and view, they also have different condition that you can't replicate in the kitchen. For example, maybe one of your friend are coming after running for miles. He is tired and thirsty, so he drink a lot of water before eat your food. So when he try your food, his stomach full of water and maybe what you cook won't be taste as good. Another cases, maybe your friend just eat something sweet (like chocolate), and your food itself is sweet. He won't taste the sweetness in your food like when you taste your food.

Just like that, there's a lot of things that can never be simulated perfectly when testing the game. Lag, for prime example. and then there's lot of things like temperature (trust me, it affect certain process differently in every computer), net connection, whether the client connect directly to server or the client is behind firewall (or firewalls), lots of lots router and switch configuration, and more. That's why they seems like they break things religiously. It's not because they never test that part, but because they can't always simulate the condition that made it happen.

Void tables, issues with enemies stopping spawning after a certain well reported point just to name two recurring issues that continue to effect the game in new and laughable ways. Now I'm a big supporter of DE as in that I want this game to succeed. But I'm not afraid to give criticism where criticism is due as saying it is ok when they make the same mistake for the fourth or fifth time when it wasn't ok the first time doesn't help them any. I gives them the impression that the mistake was liked when an overwhelming majority of the community does not think so. Yes a lot of it could have been worded a whole lot better than it was, but considering how many times the same mistakes keep happening and sorry Sheldon buddy to throw you under the bus but the void is your baby the community can only take so much frustration and utter disappointment before they get fed up and it turns to anger and rage. I usually just take a break like I did a couple months ago when I get to that point but other more vocal members do not it seems and the toxicity of the forum community rises. The original poster is right in a way....it does seem to be getting worse at least in toxicity. I'm just worried what happens whe it will hit that fevered pitch. Remember, the xbone community isn't here yet and that may be the tipping point as they tend to be far more vocal and less....forgiving from my experience. Edited by Zaresin

I don't know if it's got worse, but i'm pretty sure, it didn't get better since closed beta.

Yes, game got bigger, but it's all mostly bloat, tons of raw and unfinished ideas, barely stitched together.

Aside from better performance and more tilesets, there wasn't much interesting.

So I completely removed the steam version and installed the non-steam version and it's running SOO much better and I can even have dynamic lighting and such turned on without terrible frame rate loss, so far no glitches and I've played several rounds.

I am amazed at how different it feels, how much more fluid compared to the steam version, which I have never come across that with other games but so far so good, just odd how it is almost a night and day difference and how so much could be affected by the two versions, so if there is bugs I was only seeing them on the steam version as this one is smooth and better in general!

My advice to anyone having issues, don't use the steam version!

Imagine it like this: You cook a food, and you test it yourself. You will notice some things that need improvement. You adjust the recipe, and test it again until you are satisfied. And then you invite your 10 other friends to try it. Although you think you've made a good enough food, now there's 10 other mouth which have different taste and different view about your food. They certainly have different opinion about your food. Now test the food to ten thousand people. You will get thousand opinion. Some of them maybe never cross your mind because even though you're a great cook, you're still a human.

I can't blame DE for many bugs in this game. Even if DE test the game adequately, they can't simulate every possibilities. That's why we, the player, should give a good feedback for them to improve their game. And by I mean feedback, is a well-thought, well-phrased, backed with proofs, respectful feedback (it still can be negative feedback too).

This would be an adequate analogy if we were discussing actual gameplay mechanics such as Melee 2.0 or a new mission type.

Rather, it's everything else that's of concern. For example, someone's plate might be cracked or a spoon might have a hole in it. Perhaps a table has a short leg or people keep tripping on a particular rug. Not all people stop visiting a restaurant because of the food. I'm sure we've all been to places that had great food, but maybe took a long time to prepare, offered a clean table, or maybe had a roach pop its head out.

These are the real problems; these issues that give cause for concern on your dining experience. With many bugs still existing since closed beta (the most noticeable one I've seen being the intangible cryopod cart in asteroid mobile defenses), it provides some concern on where their priorities really lie. Sure, a lot of these new foods and ways to deliver them are fascinating, but I'm still going to have a problem about that hole in my spoon.

Embrace the changes. Don't fear 'em. I also disagree, in my opinion Melee 2.0 is a lot better than 1.0, and I'm looking forward to the new UI as an in-game sort of thing (much like the consoles in Doom 3 or Dead Space).

I would agree, except that the UI keeps getting changed every few months, and that in itself is annoying. The chat box has been in every corner of the screen now, and the ways in and out of different screens keeps changing. I'm all for making things look pretty, but please, stop screwing with the UI/HUD.

I would agree, except that the UI keeps getting changed every few months, and that in itself is annoying. The chat box has been in every corner of the screen now, and the ways in and out of different screens keeps changing. I'm all for making things look pretty, but please, stop screwing with the UI/HUD.

They will probably stop after this next one. They said that they finally made something that feels like Warframe so it wouldn't make much sense to change it yet again. And I think they're gonna be busy with UI fixes and tweaks for quite a while.

Embrace the changes. Don't fear 'em. I also disagree, in my opinion Melee 2.0 is a lot better than 1.0, and I'm looking forward to the new UI as an in-game sort of thing (much like the consoles in Doom 3 or Dead Space).

Better as in more effective, not as in more viable. This is a huge difference I honestly don't think a lot of people understand. Currently there is nothing melee makes easier to do, and the only thing it can do that guns can't is heal. There are no new enemies that the new melee system interacts with well. The combo system doesn't address the basic inequality between melee and guns. The channeling system is riddled with mods that look like they might be useful, until you look at the weapons you may want to use them on and realize they're all a worse version of their non-channeling counterpart (oh, I can double my crit rate with both while channeling, too bad most melee weapons have a crit chance less than 5%, making all crit mods pretty much worthless) despite the increased costs due to how channelling works, and lacks a lot of the really interesting mods that could have made the system more fun to use (no seriously, give me a channeling mod that increases my range and increases the damage for the blade extension).

And this is just melee stuff related to the changes in melee 2.0. Not addressing the many other problems with both melee in relation to the other weapon slots, and the problems that other weapon slots have due to lax design foundation (why are super high damage pistols using pistol mods if shotguns have to have their own set of weaker mods? Why are the launchers designated as rifles when they will never need that much ammo, and rifle ammo pickups will make it impossible from them to run out?). DE is great with concept, but they need someone to help them hammer out execution or nothing gets better.

Edited by Zeful