Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dojo Building Time Feedback (Very Frustrating!)

Saint_Tan

I Love this game.

PLEASE check my history - you will see I have (happily) dropped WELL, WELL over $1,000 into a "free" game.

I was happy to. Honest.

I am the biggest proponent of this game - and try to spread the gospel of Warframe to any PC gamer who will listen.

But now DE (Marketing?) has totally &!$$ed me off.

I will still play the game - but I REFUSE to spend another DIME on it. (Which I totally would have.  I have BOUGHT every Prime pack Frame made available.)

Truly.

Ok. - So I am just now Building a Dojo. Clan of 1 - I know. But humble.

I built a "+" hall so I could build 2 labs off the ends of it (one end I knew would be a dead end.) Still, I built one lab and then...when I tried to build a 2nd Lab, suddenly there is not enough room for it (physically???)

It looked like I had enough room.  So as a first time Dojo builder how could I have known any different?

I can now only build a hallway (to nowhere)???  WTF?

A warning would have been nice - and courteous. 

AiqXSlB.jpg

So now my "+" only allows for ONE room/lab - worthless.  And that one room is already under construction BECAUSE I was not forwarded the other hallway ends would be worthless.

So now I need to DESTROY the + hall AND the Lab in progress.

HOWEVER...

Even though I PAID PLAT to destroy the it, I still have to wait 2 HOURS??? WTF?

There was no warning on what I could or could not do off that +room/hall.  Then you shut me down.  Then you charge me PLAT to destroy.  Then you make me WAIT 2 hours.

UGH.

Do you understand the frustration level achieved that I would even bother to type a long winded complaint?????

I will still play your game.  I am hooked.

But I am so angry at the greed and annoyance (penny-pinch on the "free-loaders" - I pay real money nearly every MONTH.  You release a new weapon - I BUY it on the day of release.  Don't treat me like a moocher.)

Makes me reconsider my hobby spending priorities.

No Joke.

I hope you read this DE Sheldon.  You are losing an income source with deep pockets.

Beyond that - the Warframe CREATIVE team has my total respect.

Marketing can kiss my FUTURE $ good bye.

Bummed out.

Welcome to reality.

Edit for further clarification.

You are basically saying because you have money to throw around, you should be treated better.

Everyone gets treated like garbage here, equally.

Edited by darthdart

I love how you said "free" as if this game is not free.

Plat is just a means to get something quicker and even then, half the time people will never spend their plat unless they REALLY NEED TO.

In short, don't act like you're entitled to anything in this game. 

The platinum used in rushing the build will be refunded into the clan vault, you can then use it to rush the replacement layout or any other rooms to be built in the dojo. You have only lost 2 hours, not 2 hours and ~20 plat.

Ok, I'm sure I sounded like a Psycho.

But the wait time is just insult to injury.  That is secondary.

I had to wait 12 hours for a "+" hall, that ended up allowing only ONE room to be built off of it.  I could not have know that in advance.

So then, after I start to build a lab (off the one end that is 'good' - I am told I cannot build any more labs.

Spent Plat and then 2 hour wait.

Honestly, I love playing this game ( I have hundreds of hours in.)  I guess this DOJO building is new to me, and therefore a drag (maybe my fault.)

Fair Enough

Still, yeah, I feel this is a cheap shot by the marketing dept.

from looking at your screenshot the problem is that there is a room in the way of the hallway, make a L hall at the end of that corridor, going away from that room, and you will be able to put more on it.

Or, as was stated before me, destroy it, get all the resources back at the end of the 2 hours, and rebuild again in a different lay out.

You have plenty of capacity, it is proximity that is holding you back. you cannot build the room you are trying to build that close to the room that is outside the end of that hallway, you must redirect the hallway, away from that room.

Edited by -LTO-Malachi

Ok, I'm sure I sounded like a Psycho.

But the wait time is just insult to injury.  That is secondary.

I had to wait 12 hours for a "+" hall, that ended up allowing only ONE room to be built off of it.  I could not have know that in advance.

So then, after I start to build a lab (off the one end that is 'good' - I am told I cannot build any more labs.

Spent Plat and then 2 hour wait.

Honestly, I love playing this game ( I have hundreds of hours in.)  I guess this DOJO building is new to me, and therefore a drag (maybe my fault.)

Fair Enough

Still, yeah, I feel this is a cheap shot by the marketing dept.

How is it a cheap shot by the marketing dept. if they aren't the ones in charge of detailing the specifics being parts of a dojo?

By the way, I understand the responses I am getting, as I am a HUGE defender of this game.  I'm usually on the side of the Pro- Warframe defender.

But as a player and fan, I still feel I have a right to express my concerns.  Money aside.

Plenty of other HATERS post, who have not put in the hours or $.

So actually, I am glad to have so many folks respond in defense of a game I also love.

But nothing is perfect.  Everyone else is allowed to voice their gripes about a BETA game.

This was mine.

from that picture it looks like there is a reactor in the way.

my suggestion is to put all reactors at one end/floor of the dojo, and then stick the labs at another end/floor of the dojo.

this is coming from a guy who built a 1-man dojo, and has had to move some stuff around. be patient

I too must agree building modules in current form ...stale and olde..needs revamping badly..although building ,destroying goes from the bank vault..it is time consumeing when modules do not fit or wont fit and u cannot see what you are building or trying to connect with..this is from a paying playing and free player point of view. A better view, a builders map ..3d even should be usefull. or new ui period and updated.

Though I didn't read much of the rest, I think the 2 hours wait time for each tile can be rather tedious, especially if you want to redo the whole dojo... I know from experience.

But honestly, calm down... Everyone has made some mistakes in dojo layouting now and then. I've redone our complete dojo from scratch about 3 or 4 times by now... and everytime it took nearly a friggin week just to tear it down because of how you are forced to do it manually one room after another.

Edited by MeduSalem

Ok.

Thanks to everyone who responded and (set me straight).

Sorry for the whine.

I guess so much of the Warframe experience is awesome, that the moment I hit a snag I was like, WTF?

I appreciate the honesty and those who bothered to type up some pixels.

I hope to see you in game.  I promise not to be a drag in-game.

Thanks!

ive just rebuilt my entire 1 man dojo (now have a few friends helping out so its swapped bland corridors for fancier rooms needing about 12 generators to run :P) it took me about a week, which was fine, and i even managed to miss place a couple of pieces so i needed wait for them to be broken back down, but that was MY fault, as i failed to check the layout close enough, no one else's.

from your screen shot, you've done the same, your mad at the devs for your screw up ? its pretty easy to see the room wouldn't fit there and it wouldn't work as the dojo is clearly built on a grid system, so just suck it up, destroy it and add in a short corridor to extend it so it clears - also a hint don't go cheap with the bare minimum reqs, thats what lead my first dojo to become a mess and needed a overhaul with all the new stuff they added (i now have everything split out onto other levels i don't need to use and makes its a lot tidier)

laters

Monk

By the way, I understand the responses I am getting, as I am a HUGE defender of this game.  I'm usually on the side of the Pro- Warframe defender.

But as a player and fan, I still feel I have a right to express my concerns.  Money aside.

Plenty of other HATERS post, who have not put in the hours or $.

So actually, I am glad to have so many folks respond in defense of a game I also love.

But nothing is perfect.  Everyone else is allowed to voice their gripes about a BETA game.

This was mine.

I totally agree with you on this thread!

• 2 months later...

The planning and building is indeed a pain. I had to tear down my dojo for the new tileset, and I also had to tear down rooms because of poor planning (more to do with the fact that first time builders won't be experienced with how tile layouts work). In fact, I ran into the exact same problem you did. So I had to tear down the cross connectors, build a short hallway and THEN build the cross connector.

But I think one thing people are stepping over is the fact that maybe the reason of the 2 hour wait time is because of networking/programming issues. Maybe they only do an update on the Dojos every two hours, which slows down the drain of their resources and makes the game more lag free.

There's also the possibility that they are doing it that way to stop people abusing it in a malicious way we haven't seen yet.

Ultimately, I think all of this would be solved if DE just created a web app or ingame app for designing the Dojo. It would essentially react the same way as the current building does, but instead of having to build something before realizing it doesn't fit, you could see it in advance.

I've also had cases where I went build crazy and then hit a wall when I realized I didn't have enough power, so I had to tear down a couple of rooms to make connectors and reactors and then rebuild the rooms again.