Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Primary Weapon Concept: Multus (With First Draft Sketchup Images)

Renegade343

Hello all, 

I would like to introduce an idea of mine that sprung up just yesterday, and it is a new primary weapon concept. The contents are below: 

The weapon is named Multus, which is a Latin word meaning "multi". What is special about this weapon is that this will allow the player to choose between gun types (i.e. allowing players to choose between a rifle, a shotgun and a sniper), or modes, within a mission itself. The different modes can be cycled by using a new button (preferably the Z and X button), meaning that the weapon can still aim and zoom. This weapon is inspired by the DC-17m Interchangeable Weapon System in Star Wars (for those who have not played Star Wars: Republic Commando, here is the link) and the bullpup configuration of modern firearms. 

The weapon and its elements are below: 

mwxHQj3.png

The gun itself (with a magazine already attached): 

VwMTDyp.png

5l9XIwN.png

KzS5NfI.png

cSE8eDH.png

The sniper scope (for the sniper rifle mode): 

7nHMxfK.png

The rifle magazine: 

gIG37Av.png

The shotgun magazine (will be slotted at the back of the gun): 

gxDblG5.png

The sniper magazine (will be slotted at the back of the gun): 

xfHvgbA.png

Now onto the technical details: 

The gun, when in rifle mode, has the following stats (all modes will fire plasma bolts [i.e. non hit-scan projectiles]):

Maximum ammo: 270 rifle rounds

Magazine size: 30 rounds

Damage: 3 Impact, 15 Puncture

Fire rate: 6.5 rate of fire

Accuracy: 17.0

Critical chance: 5%

Critical damage: 1.5x

Proc chance: 12.5%

Reload time: 1.20s

Projectile speed: 90 m/s

Trigger: Auto

The gun, when in shotgun mode, has the following stats: 

Maximum ammo: 60 shotgun rounds

Magazine size: 6 rounds

No. of Pellets: 8 pellets per round

Damage (Total): 40 Impact, 160 Puncture

Fire rate: 1.8 rate of fire

Accuracy: 6.0

Critical chance: 7.5%

Critical damage: 2.0x

Proc chance: 12.5%

Reload time: 1.5s

Projectile speed: 75 m/s

Trigger: Auto

The gun, when in sniper mode, has the following stats: 

Maximum ammo: 36 sniper rounds

Magazine size: 6 rounds

Damage: 30 Impact, 90 Puncture

Fire rate: 1.0 rate of fire

Accuracy: 11

Critical chance: 20%

Critical damage: 2.5x

Proc chance: 30%

Reload speed: 1.8s

Projectile speed: 175 m/s

Trigger: Semi-auto

Changing between modes has an animation time of 1.5s. The list of animations is below:

When changing to shotgun mode, the player touches the screen on top of the gun, detaches whatever magazine the player was using (and detaches the sniper scope, if applicable), then sticks on a shotgun magazine at the back, with a distinct beep at the end to signify the end of the animation and the player is now free to shoot. Same for changing to rifle mode, but sticking on a rifle magazine instead.

When changing to sniper mode, the player touches the screen on top of the gun, detaches whatever magazine the player was using, sticks on a sniper magazine at the back and attaches the sniper scope, with the same beep to indicate the end of the animation.

For modding, the gun will have 10 mod slots and 90 mod points (at max rank and with an Orokin Catalyst. Without an Orokin Catalyst, the maximum mod points will be 45 mod points), since the gun will have no separate setup, meaning the gun can fit shotgun, sniper and rifle mods. However, rifle only mods will only affect the rifle and sniper mode, shotgun only mods will only affect the shotgun mode, and sniper only mods will only affect the sniper mode. The polarity of this gun will be: 

One V polarity

Two Dash polarity

The Mastery Rank of this weapon will be 3, although I am not sure whether to place this weapon into the Energy clan tech or onto the Market. This will need a player poll to decide.

The resources needed to craft the Multus:

1,000 Ferrite

1 Gallium

300 Rubedo

400 Salvage

12,000 Credits with 12 hours of crafting time

The flavour text for the Multus is below: 

The original guns were stolen by the Corpus after a Corpus ship intercepted a Grineer cargo ship headed for Saturn from Earth. Seeing that this gun can potentially boost the fighting power of the Corpus's troops, Frohd Bek ordered his researchers to reverse-engineer the guns and produce a Corpus version of it. The result: A multi-purpose gun, capable of tackling various situations with ease. 

Please give constructive criticism about this weapon concept, so that it can be improved. 

Renegade343

Edited by Renegade343

It's an interesting concept, but I have to question how modding it would work. Would it need a separate setup for every mode? Would every mode apply the mods for a single weapon type? The former lets you cover every possible elemental weakness with a single gun and the latter has potential to make some weapons disastrously overpowered (imagine Primed Chamber or Hush being applied to a shotgun).

It's an interesting concept, but I have to question how modding it would work. Would it need a separate setup for every mode? Would every mode apply the mods for a single weapon type? The former lets you cover every possible elemental weakness with a single gun and the latter has potential to make some weapons disastrously overpowered (imagine Primed Chamber or Hush being applied to a shotgun).

Only rifle only mods will affect sniper and rifle modes, shotgun only mods will only affect shotgun mode, and sniper only mods will affect only sniper mode. The gun will have no separate setup, but will have 10 mod slots and 70 mod points (at max rank and with Orokin Catalyst) to compensate (or too much. I am not too sure on that). 

After all, I designed the gun with player-dictated choices in mind. 

Edited by Renegade343

Sounds great! A really interesting concept that has amazing potential!

I haven't got an awful lot to say other than the design of the weapon looks a little... odd. Obviously it'd be changed further down the line, but just my 2 pence.

Sounds great! A really interesting concept that has amazing potential!

I haven't got an awful lot to say other than the design of the weapon looks a little... odd. Obviously it'd be changed further down the line, but just my 2 pence.

I tend to design buildings and interior furniture, not guns, so do excuse the oddity of the gun. 

I was designing the gun with a soft, yet ergonomic shoulder rest in mind, while keeping it slightly boxy and curvy, like a Corpus-Grineer gun hybrid, then coupling it with a few modern gun attachments to make this. 

Sounds and looks like a cool idea, but modding and ammo mechanics will still be a problem.

That and personally I don't think I would actually want an all-in-one weapon like that. I choose my weapons with somewhat specific purposes in mind, and I think I would much rather have separate rifles, shotguns, and snipers with each one excelling in one particular area rather than have a transforming weapon that does the jobs of all 3 in a not particularly outstanding fashion.

If each mode can be linked to an ABC mod loadout, sign me up. Rotate to Sniper for Grineer, Shotgun for Corpus, and Rifle for Infested. Or however you'd set it up.

I think it should be a Tenno weapon, as if it was designed to take on the whole universe, you feel? If DE picks the idea up they can figure out how to give it that look.

But yeah, I dig

• 1 month later...