Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Where Have All The Aura Mods Gone?

DocBlood

Used to see at least one a day pop up on alerts but it seems like they have disappeared. Now lots of credit reward missions (who cares). Did they get put in the general drop pool? Seems like I picked up an Infested Impedance in one of the many Breeding Grounds runs, but really can't say that would indicate that they are in the general pool. Anybody else seeing this?

Technically, it's pRNG, as in pseudo; its randomness were adjustable to a certain point.

Actually if it is like a lot of other games I have played the devs have complete control of the so-called randomness that can be tweaked with a switch here and there.

Yeah, it's pseudo RNG, otherwise, we'd have seen a week with all potatoes once. They have it set for credit alerts to be most common, weapons a little less common, followed by helmets and skins, aura mods, Vauban parts, and potatoes/forma. (not official, just my experience.)

Actually if it is like a lot of other games I have played the devs have complete control of the so-called randomness that can be tweaked with a switch here and there.

There are no completely true random in practical computation (including games), even the most random things that you found on any games is actually programmed to be as close as possible to random. Not exactly tweakablt by switch, but you could say that.

Yeah, it's pseudo RNG, otherwise, we'd have seen a week with all potatoes once. They have it set for credit alerts to be most common, weapons a little less common, followed by helmets and skins, aura mods, Vauban parts, and potatoes/forma. (not official, just my experience.)

Damn, I really want it to be raining potatoes once in a while...

There are no completely true random in practical computation (including games), even the most random things that you found on any games is actually programmed to be as close as possible to random. Not exactly tweakablt by switch, but you could say that.

Damn, I really want it to be raining potatoes once in a while...

My greatest experience with so-called random loot suddenly becoming "less random" has been with Borderlands 2. Sometimes without any announcement you would find nearly every chest full of rare weapons or a boss would suddenly start dropping a rare regularly. Then just as suddenly you would be back to so-called random. Very likely that was determined by some simple settings on the server side. I don't know as a fact but I would suspect that the same can be applied here. After all what you ultimately see in game is still controlled by the server side.

My greatest experience with so-called random loot suddenly becoming "less random" has been with Borderlands 2. Sometimes without any announcement you would find nearly every chest full of rare weapons or a boss would suddenly start dropping a rare regularly. Then just as suddenly you would be back to so-called random. Very likely that was determined by some simple settings on the server side. I don't know as a fact but I would suspect that the same can be applied here. After all what you ultimately see in game is still controlled by the server side.

Yep, that's its weakness. Although it's still could be considered random, if you keep going looting on and on and on, you could see a pattern on its 'randomness'. Of course, if you have enough time, since it could took years of 'randomness' to noticed it. For this game, seeing the current algorithms and result, it's a little better than we used to have...

im on ps4, but I saw loot detector once since our last update, and that's the only aura to pop that I recall.

I don't know if this happened before or after 13.7 dropped, since the time just kind of blurred, but there were two straight weeks where auras were dropping like crazy in alerts. Fairly certain that there were a couple of loot detectors paired with just about all the other auras as well. Just a matter of time-zones. 

i honestly would like to see new auras implemented, it feels like since stances were added auras kinda got left behind... how bout some nightmare auras or corrupted auras huh?

I personally don't like the idea of corrupted Auras unless the the negative modifier only effects the person using the aura.

Would be aggravating having something your build utilizes be decreased just so some random in a pug can get the effect they want.