Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Role Of Children In Corpus Society

SirAuron

Children_of_the_Corn_2009_Burt.jpg

This is why you cannot have intelligent discussion on these forums. Look at this - SirAuron makes a good point. And what is the response? A [sneeze] picture.

Seriously, these forums sometimes....

Edited by -SLX-J3tAc3

Evil children are enemies too. If you have to kill a child to save a life then so be it. The honor would still be intact. Imagine all the horrific things they are capable of.

That's absolutely true.  A child is defined, according to US law, as anyone under 18. Teenagers can be murderous and evil as well, and non-teens have murdered others.

SirAuron, I think you may find it of interest to learn about the drug cartels of Mexico, the children of Joseph Kony's army and learn abut the Hitler Youth as well. If you wish to discuss these, feel free to send me a message.

Edited by -SLX-J3tAc3

Corpus need no children, they can simply build androids to serve their every need, and seem to be able to extend their lifespans forever, soooooo yea :/. I fact, what if crewmen were simply androids made to look realistic? hmm i don't understand the function, but meh.

Godspeed :D

This is why you cannot have intelligent discussion on these forums. Look at this - SirAuron makes a good point. And what is the response? A [sneeze] picture.

Seriously, these forums sometimes....

So my point on why children are not included is not valid then? I don't feel like reiterating my point, but I will.

Is it honorable of Tenno to kill children in the first place? I mean sure, if they're armed, but the whole prospect of it seems downright disturbing.

I also have a different theory. Maybe the Corpus is a cult with an age limit, say 18. I mean, it makes sense. I always thought of the Corpus to be just one giant megacorporation where you had to be 18 to work.

Edited by PeripheralVisionary

That's absolutely true.  A child is defined, according to US law, as anyone under 18. Teenagers can be murderous and evil as well, and non-teens have murdered others.

SirAuron, I think you may find it of interest to learn about the drug cartels of Mexico, the children of Joseph Kony's army and learn abut the Hitler Youth as well. If you wish to discuss these, feel free to send me a message.

And that is why it is disturbing. Children, brainwashed to point guns at you? They told on their parents, shoot innocents as easy as they drink water, ecetera? Now that I think about it, it might not be so bad to include them as in game enemy. Anyhoo, would it be all that moral to shoot a child who didn't know any better if one could help it? It is easy to say someone is evil when you're on the receiving end of their gun barrels. Even children.

And that is why it is disturbing. Children, brainwashed to point guns at you? They told on their parents, shoot innocents as easy as they drink water, ecetera? Now that I think about it, it might not be so bad to include them as in game enemy. Anyhoo, would it be all that moral to shoot a child who didn't know any better if one could help it? It is easy to say someone is evil when you're on the receiving end of their gun barrels. Even children.

You seem to have this idea that all children are innocent...

People, brainwashed to point guns at you? They told on their parents, shoot innocents as easy as they drink water, ecetera? - how about this or

Woman, brainwashed to point guns at you? They told on their parents, shoot innocents as easy as they drink water, ecetera?

You seem to have this idea that all children are innocent...

People, brainwashed to point guns at you? They told on their parents, shoot innocents as easy as they drink water, ecetera? - how about this or

Woman, brainwashed to point guns at you? They told on their parents, shoot innocents as easy as they drink water, ecetera?

So in other words, you don't favor rehabilitation for child soldiers?

Hell, I favor rehab for those who grew up in it.

Although, if we were to go back to the other point, the Corpus could simply have an age limit on who they employ. I mean, how many jobs can children get in this economy?

Maybe the Corpus are like Unitology from DeadSpace in that aspect.

So in other words, you don't favor rehabilitation for child soldiers?

Hell, I favor rehab for those who grew up in it.

it would be no different from the treatment of all enemy soldiers. if you cannot capture, you kill. kill or be killed. Or else they get a trial.

Rehab doesn't always work. Which is why so many serial killers from childhood are running amok.

it would be no different from the treatment of all enemy soldiers. if you cannot capture, you kill. kill or be killed. Or else they get a trial.

Rehab doesn't always work. Which is why so many serial killers from childhood are running amok.

That operates on a different note.

Child soldiers=/=mindset of serial killers, more along the lines of hardened criminals.

And from what i read, the children in that movie were brainwashed by another child to commit genocide. go figure...

I believe so. Children are indeed dangerous in high numbers. Perhaps all children are prodmen for the Corpus.

Maybe there can be a boss corpus that's actually....a cute girl in pigtails that taunts you with her cuteness!

*Runs off to find picture

That operates on a different note.

Child soldiers=/=mindset of serial killers, more along the lines of hardened criminals.

Well, you still have to kill them before they kill you and for all you know they perhaps accepted the enemy cause and converting them might be hard much like adults.

All you can do is stay alive and kill anything in your way despite aho that person is. man, woman and child and Tenno can't be bothered to capture all children.

For all you know, the woman could be brainwashed as well.

Well, you still have to kill them before they kill you and for all you know they perhaps accepted the enemy cause and converting them might be hard much like adults.

All you can do is stay alive and kill anything in your way despite aho that person is. man, woman and child and Tenno can't be bothered to capture all children.

For all you know, the woman could be brainwashed as well.

They're adults. Children are much more easily influenced.

I'm still going for the merchant cult has age limit sort of thing.

From a perspective, it might be desirable to join the Corpus if you're a regular civilian. There are jobs and profit, and it is a counterweight against the xenophobic Grineer. Hell, I might even join the Corpus if I had little other options.