Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please Ensure That Your Firewall Permits Udp Ports...

VoidKnight

I wish any DC to explain why is Warframe client asking me to check my firewall

9QyiwXh.png

when i already have my ports open on my windows 8 firewall

g6QYH4m.png

and my router

68npbbZ.png

I play since U8, and never had any connection problems on warframe, the analyze

network thing always said "all stats nominal.."or something like that.

So what changed, other that U13.9, well i downloaded warframe from steam, because

i really wanted the rubedo skin... pretty cool thing... and a couple of days before i started

playing on steam (who refuses to update my ingame achieves...) i got my first

ERROR: CANT CONNECT TO CHAT or something like that, when i was in a mission...

never saw that before, i though it was a glitch, bug from the last update...

After that i got a problem hosting, i couldnt invite a friend who i usually invite to play, it was

the most weird thing, i invited him,  he joined the squad only the 2 of us, then i invited 2 more

people from the recruit thing, and as soon they join the squad my friend got kicked out, and

we couldnt find any work around.... my friend was out of the squad that time... the next day 

we tried on a different squad and it worked fine. This i never saw before either.

So today i invited 3 ppl for a void run, as soon it started one of them got kicked, and 3 mins later

(just when damn vor spawnd next to me...) the other 2 guys got kicked, i couldnt invite any of them back

to the game, so i aborted mission. I was thinking on relog and invite again... but when i tried to relog

i got this "CANNOT CONNECTO TO INTERNET" and this one was a first time to me too... never saw that

before... i though warframe servers went down or something so i waited and tried again.. same message.

Went to forums and read about connection problems and i tried several times until i login...

and 30seconds later i got this PLEASE CHECK THAT YOUR FIREWALL... message..

and this is the most annoying experience on warframe ever...

W9KZtJ4.png

So please, if any DEV is kind enought to come and explain why is the client asking me to open my ports

when i have them open on both my firewall and my router? (my antivirus cant block ports, i double checked) 

Thank you for your time.

PS 1: I tried closing steam and to login on my non steam warframe and it was the same, i tried changing ports

and it was the same, now the analyze network thing just tell me Please check that your firewall ...thing.

PS 2: Dear Dev since this is causing me a several trust issues and a heavy psicological trauma plus the fact

that im addicted to the game and been away from it hurts... i belive u can send me a Bo Handle! that will 

relief me from all the pain this connection issues are causing me. And will make me love you.. a lot.

***Update

There is a new symptom, after a lot of failed logins, i loged in, so i went into a mission August / Mars.. you know.. trying to farm

those annoying t4ext keys... and as soon another player que with me i got a disconnetion message and sent back to the login screen, but a glitched login screen... i tried again and it was exactly the same:

8HBs3ss.png

Edited by VoidKnight

One thing I can think of, sometimes when your computer restarts you get a new IP address, so it wouldn't hurt to open the command prompt, and run "ipconfig" just to make sure your IP address is still the same. If it's changed then the portforwarding on your router would have to be updated.

Edited by RancidTurnip1603

One thing I can think of, sometimes when your computer restarts you get a new IP address, so it wouldn't hurt to open the command prompt, and run "ipconfig" just to make sure your IP address is still the same. If it's changed then the portforwarding on your router would have to be updated.

Not possible because i dont use dhcp, i have my local ip address fixed into .35

but thanks for your comment.

Sounds a lot like strict NAT. I had it too, and could only fix it by switching ISP's. Dont know why it happens, but DE either doesn't know how to fix it, or is unable to fix it. They should prioritize this, as it can alienate many new players into ditching the game entirely.

Sounds a lot like strict NAT. I had it too, and could only fix it by switching ISP's. Dont know why it happens, but DE either doesn't know how to fix it, or is unable to fix it. They should prioritize this, as it can alienate many new players into ditching the game entirely.

But the strict NAT problem used to show an specific message on the analyze network pointing to the Strict NAT as a possible problem, i remember because i had a lot of friends playing with that problem, this shows me a different message. Anyways, ty.

i think they're the messages you get when war frame can't connect to war frame servers. it is taking a guess that your firewall is blocking outgoing connections. consistent also with you getting login errors.

look at outgoing instead of checking incoming routing.