Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

About: Idle Animations

Noioiy

So we all know there are some heavy melee weapons in game and we love them. Well, most of us do. I hope

But I'm not here to praise the mighty heavy weaponry. I wanna talk a little about the idle animations.

As we can see, when a tenno equips a fragor or scindo, the idle animation makes us feel that the weapons are actually pretty darn heavy!

But, when we equip the Mighty Galatine(!) or Jet Kitten (Jat Kittag) the tenno holds them likes one would hold the Olympic torch, or even a flag. That idle makes us, at least me, uncomfortable. I feel like those weapons are made of plastic and wont weigh much. If the tenno dragged those weapons around or rested them on their shoulders, maybe then it'd seem like they're actually heavy.

So I was wondering if anyone could let me know if the DE animation team is working on a different idle animation. One that would make the user feel that the galatine/jat kittag are actually heavy weapons. There are a lot of animation work going on, I know, and I personally don't wanna make their lives any harder with such stupid requests. But I feel it would be a nice change.

If this topic gets moved to the proper section, then I thank the moderator who did it.

You Da Real MVP! checking out the forums day and night just moving our misplaced threads

I chuckled. The Gram and the Galatine WILL be light. Not more than 10 pounds at the most. Most Zweihanders and greatswords didn't weigh more than 8 pounds, and those things were six feet long. Considering that we're wearing armour that probably increases strength dramatically, holding the blades like that is actually quite possible and beneficial. 

I chuckled. The Gram and the Galatine WILL be light. Not more than 10 pounds at the most. Most Zweihanders and greatswords didn't weigh more than 8 pounds, and those things were six feet long. Considering that we're wearing armour that probably increases strength dramatically, holding the blades like that is actually quite possible and beneficial. 

It doesn't change the fact that it looks stupid.

If this topic gets moved to the proper section, then I thank the moderator who did it.

Might I suggest reading this pinned thread moving forward?

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/204165-please-read-before-posting-new-threads-general-discussion-what-is-and-isnt-general-discussion/

Thread title edited for clarity and moved to the proper section. You're welcome. :)