Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So, When Do We Get A Frost Weapon? (Among Other Things)

rockthatwoodx

So I know a cold damage type weapon was supposedly in the works - a freeze ray of sorts. Any idea on when that is supposed to ship out?

Also, I think it would be pretty nice to have a fire based weapon as well (not heat dagger). I know the "sword and board" are coming soon but it wasn't until one of the devstreams that someone actually said "yeah, I guess it should have fire damage". That would be nice since the new mods just came out.

And when do you think we will be getting new corrupted/nightmare mods? I had a few ideas before but I can only think of one right now which is a mod that increases projectile velocity. Weapons like bows and the boltor/seer would really benefit by an increased projectile speed. Can't think of what would counteract it but I'm sure DE or the community could think of something.

What do you think? Or, what do you know? Any help on the ETA of the weapons or even creative feedback on weapons or mod ideas would be really great!

Obligatory:

w8UaS9x.jpg

ETA? We have no idea. The only concrete time frame when we know a cold-type weapon(s) will be coming is with the Corpus ice-tile set event, which by the current flow of updates, will probably be around Update 15 or slightly before. As far as when that actually is - there's no information about how long until yadda yadda. 

And above all, a cold-type weapon could come out during any update, and it's unlikely we would know about it prior.

The frost ray gun was shown awhile back, not sure why it hasn't shipped yet. You are also forgetting the Ignis that is a flame thrower.

You're right, I forgot about Ignis. I still think it would be cool to start coming out with more elemental weapons. Especially since dmg mods are so weak

I'm still hoping that we can get a weapon with every base element- including Gas and Magnetic, which, if I recall, don't have weapons devoted to them or even planned for them. The Corpus freeze-ray will probably take a little while to hit, since the Amprex is still a recent weapon and there have been a ton of Corpus weapons as of late. The Grineer and Infested could use a lil' love.

Obligatory:

w8UaS9x.jpg

ETA? We have no idea. The only concrete time frame when we know a cold-type weapon(s) will be coming is with the Corpus ice-tile set event, which by the current flow of updates, will probably be around Update 15 or slightly before. As far as when that actually is - there's no information about how long until yadda yadda. 

And above all, a cold-type weapon could come out during any update, and it's unlikely we would know about it prior.

So this is the legendary freeze ray. Gotta say, love the concept art, looks @(*()$ amazing.

As for the corrupted/nightmare mods, I personally want to see a corrupted Multishot mod for rifles, maybe like 50%+, but -50% fire rate. Basically an opposite version of Lethal Torrent, just so rifles have a slightly closer chance. My angstrum has completely replaced my Ogris, just cause of more Multishot

Weak?

Yes the pure damage mods are very weak compared to elemental damage mods. You can get 90% for 11 points with Hellfire vs 30% slash dmg for 9 points on sawtooth clip. Damage mods for guns are highly outclassed by element mods. That's why I want more element weapons.

Yes the pure damage mods are very weak compared to elemental damage mods. You can get 90% for 11 points with Hellfire vs 30% slash dmg for 9 points on sawtooth clip. Damage mods for guns are highly outclassed by element mods. That's why I want more element weapons.

He probably thought you were talking about mods like Serration and Heavy Caliber as weak damage-wise, which very much aren't. The damage type specific mods you mentioned generally are quite weak in comparison.