Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Few Small Things

SiaraArc

The Solar Rails were good, backgrounds and graphic fixes are prettty, new map tiles, T4 void and prime things are all good and fine, but there's just two things that keep eating at me.

I apologize in advance if this is a topic that has come up, but Neural Sensors. They can only be found on one node of one planet, and it's a boss, and it's not a very interesting boss anymore after all the updates that came after Valkyr. I get that with all MMOs, there's an element of grinding involved in obtaining rare materials, but if there's exactly one way to get a material that's used in so many things, something has to change or it just becomes cumbersome to keep running over and over. Turn off the blue drops for bosses, we can get those literally anywhere else. Turn up the drop rate for Neural Sensors (or make it the only thing that Zanuka drops because salvage is similarly easy to obtain), or give us more than one at a time.

The other thing is the UI/HUD updates. I mentioned this in another thread, and I'm sure this is another topic that's been beaten to death, but please, for the love of whatever you believe in, stop screwing with the UI. I get wanting it to look nice and clean and streamlined for ease of access, but the problem I run into is that there have been a ton of UIs over the course of the game. Youtube has the same problem - it keeps moving things around, and things we got used to have suddenly become difficult to find. Find a formula that works and stick with it for more than a few months at a time.

I apologize in advance if this is a topic that has come up, but Neural Sensors. They can only be found on one node of one planet, and it's a boss, and it's not a very interesting boss anymore after all the updates that came after Valkyr. I get that with all MMOs, there's an element of grinding involved in obtaining rare materials, but if there's exactly one way to get a material that's used in so many things, something has to change or it just becomes cumbersome to keep running over and over. Turn off the blue drops for bosses, we can get those literally anywhere else. Turn up the drop rate for Neural Sensors (or make it the only thing that Zanuka drops because salvage is similarly easy to obtain), or give us more than one at a time.

It gives usually 2 at a time, and neural sensors can be found on any node on Jupiter. DS have been proven to be better farming locations for neural sensors.

The other thing is the UI/HUD updates. I mentioned this in another thread, and I'm sure this is another topic that's been beaten to death, but please, for the love of whatever you believe in, stop screwing with the UI. I get wanting it to look nice and clean and streamlined for ease of access, but the problem I run into is that there have been a ton of UIs over the course of the game. Youtube has the same problem - it keeps moving things around, and things we got used to have suddenly become difficult to find. Find a formula that works and stick with it for more than a few months at a time.

The UI isn't quite user friendly, so they are working towards that goal, especially with the star chart. It holds major issues with trying to get to a node and accessing it.

The rest of the UI will be mostly similar, just with attempts to, like I said, make it user friendly. (It also looks like there'll be a lot of white, and I'm not particularly fond of that, but maybe that is just texture filler.)

it keeps moving things around, and things we got used to have suddenly become difficult to find. Find a formula that works and stick with it for more than a few months at a time.

To find something you must search for it. And that's exactly what DE does - they try different UIs, each one different than the previous to find the formula that works. Besides - it's beta - everything can change. Literally everything.

t9CFdal.gif

It gives usually 2 at a time, and neural sensors can be found on any node on Jupiter. DS have been proven to be better farming locations for neural sensors.

I don't know how it differs between PC and PS4, but I've only gotten more than one NS on a handful of occasions, and none at all on any nodes that weren't Themisto.