Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Sniper Rifle Concepts

2Fat2Kill2

So I've heard DE likes to add unique or alternate types of weaponry in the game and I thought I came up with a worthwhile addition to any sniper's arsenal.

The weapon I'm thinking of will have some sort of never-miss ability to it, maybe like a codex scanner's tracking duration for scanning a target or having the gun automatically mark out enemy weak points and when the crosshairs correctly align, the gun fires as long as the bound firing key is held. Breaking this down, there are really 2 concepts.

Concept one:
+Give sniper rifle the codex scanner scope, allowing for recon/ team support
-Sniper rifle cannot fire at user's will
+Sniper rifle will never miss - will shoot after having firing key held over the same target for a certain amount of time(I'm aware this is a downgrade in terms of performance for skilled players)
+Massively increased damage
+Large amount of innate punch through
+Sniper rifle's accuracy is unaffected by heavy caliber

Concept two:
+Give the sniper rifle a unique scope which marks out all weak points when zoomed in
-Sniper rifle cannot fire at user's will
+Sniper rifle will never miss - will shoot after having firing key held and crosshairs correctly aligned with marked point(adjust point size as devs see fit for balancing and yes, this is pretty much a triggerbot sniper rifle)
-Very low damage/Low damage
+80% crit chance/40% crit chance(this is respective of damage reduction, with a higher crit chance granted as base weapon damage is further reduced)
+Significantly increased crit damage
(+Current crit mechanics makes critical hits on weak points subject to a higher multiplier than usual)
+Sniper rifle's accuracy is unaffected by heavy caliber

Hope you liked these ideas. Like, comment and and have a good day. 

Edited by 2Fat2Kill2

Meh.

I dont like weapons that would insta hit after locked for certain time. Snipers will never work in this game, as it is too fast paced to sit down and camp.

Gets boring after a while though. Changing things up by stealthing with the first sniper would be nice, don't you think?

Edited by 2Fat2Kill2

I like the idea of having a codex scanner in a sniper rifle, and maybe relay that to the team somehow? UI department is going to have a tough time with that, but I think the other ideas, while cool, don't really suit the game very well. I don't know why but I feel like it belongs in fallout more than anything.

But codex scanner would be awesome, and having the team see what enemy you are looking at could be very handy.

I like the idea of having a codex scanner in a sniper rifle, and maybe relay that to the team somehow? UI department is going to have a tough time with that, but I think the other ideas, while cool, don't really suit the game very well. I don't know why but I feel like it belongs in fallout more than anything.

But codex scanner would be awesome, and having the team see what enemy you are looking at could be very handy.

just send the link to a DE member Via Private Message. ive done that loads of times

Edited by Senketsu_

The lock-on and non-semi firing ability would become a nuisance when you are surrounded.  I tend to use Sniper rifles in Def in void or those large dam maps due to having mobs in lines allowing for good use of Shred or metal auger.

Maybe having a higher Crit rate and damage multi would be helpful along with a slight damage buff.  given how rare the ammo is using them should be for Heavies and or elite mobs.  That way it becomes a good Heavy killer.  Now if only you could launch Sonar from Banshee it would allow one to take a spot and launch it into a group and bam insta highlights for boosted damage.

Meh.

1.) All sniper rifle automatically crit when you hit a target's weak point/s

2.) New mods added for sniper rifles only:

+ Sharpshooter

Reduced zoom factor

Increased base damage, magazine size, and reload

+ Scout

Limited x-ray vision

Increased status chance

+ Sniper

Player briefly cloaked when entering aiming mode (recharged by making a kill)

Increased crit chance and critical multiplier on targets the further away they are

well since you can look with the scaner trough walls it would caus emassive wallbanger parties XD 3 pplz with a prais or another bow will just shot any enemie trough all walls. XD i am doing it now and dont even need to watch trough walls >.<

Meh.

1.) All sniper rifle automatically crit when you hit a target's weak point/s

2.) New mods added for sniper rifles only:

+ Sharpshooter

Reduced zoom factor

Increased base damage, magazine size, and reload

+ Scout

Limited x-ray vision

Increased status chance

+ Sniper

Player briefly cloaked when entering aiming mode (recharged by making a kill)

Increased crit chance and critical multiplier on targets the further away they are

XD this kind of sounds to me like ghost recoon online >.<