Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Rant] Why I Hate The Warframe Community

Yeehaw_Prime

Here are some reasons why I hate pretty much everyone in the Warframe community.

Sorted into categories for your convenience.

Survival

- People that wait at extraction after 5 minutes, even when clearly nobody else is ready to leave.  They will proceed to sit at extraction until the mission is over, even if you try and talk them out of it.

-When it seems like nobody except me pays attention to the life support, and when life support reaches 0 because I forgot to pay attention, it's suddenly my fault.

Defense

-People that leave on wave 5.  Exceptions include people that are just trying to uncover the map.

-When one person chooses to claim and exit, suddenly everyone else does, as if that one person was carrying the entire team.

Trading

-Sellers that ask you to make an offer when you ask how much something is, then when you make an offer they just say no and move on, without actually telling you what they want for it.  People do this because they expect you to offer more than what they were expecting, which rarely ever happens.
-Sellers that expect way more than an item is actually worth.

-Buyers that expect to pay way less than an item is actually worth.

Misc

-People that don't have sound on.  This is a game that has a voice chat function, where teamwork is very important.  Typing in the middle of the action is not an option.  Therefore, voice chat is a preferable form of communication.  It's okay if you don't have a mic, but don't expect me to type just to cater to you.  Turn your sound on.

And that ends my rant.  Hopefully, you aren't any of these people.

Misc

-People that don't have sound on.  This is a game that has a voice chat function, where teamwork is very important.  Typing in the middle of the action is not an option.  Therefore, voice chat is a preferable form of communication.  It's okay if you don't have a mic, but don't expect me to type just to cater to you.  Turn your sound on.

Tbh, voice chat isn't one of the nicest things in game...

Edited by Ayliax

The Community Hates You Back:

Survival:

--If someone is waiting and wants to leave, perhaps they are *@##$ing at you because you want to stay

--It isnt hard to click the air pipey thingie

Defense:

--Maybe they dont want to stay until wave 60

--If it was me that claimed and exit, then I can see where everyone else would. I do not experience this due to my awesome. 

Trading:

--There is no price list and is pure capitalism. Do you hate 'Merica? 

Misc:

--My mom may be sleeping and I dont want to wake her up. HAHAHA Warframe is based on teamwork! ...said no one ever. 

I mostly listen to music especially when i'm farming for something so voice chat is lost on me but i think i'm not the only one :D And even if you have voice chat on, and you are playing in a pub game don't expect a lot of teamwork.

Here are some reasons why I hate pretty much everyone in the Warframe community.

Survival

- People that wait at extraction after 5 minutes, even when clearly nobody else is ready to leave.  They will proceed to sit at extraction until the mission is over, even if you try and talk them out of it.

-When it seems like nobody except me pays attention to the life support, and when life support reaches 0 because I forgot to pay attention, it's suddenly my fault.

Defense

-People that leave on wave 5.  Exceptions include people that are just trying to uncover the map.

-When one person chooses to claim and exit, suddenly everyone else does, as if that one person was carrying the entire team.

Trading

-Sellers that ask you to make an offer when you ask how much something is, then when you make an offer they just say no and move on, without actually telling you what they want for it.  People do this because they expect you to offer more than what they were expecting, which rarely ever happens.

Misc

I, fortunately, am not any of those people. There is usually always one person in a random survival that waits on extraction when it hits the 5 minute mark. They walk off and on the extraction so the message keeps disappearing and then reappearing. It really grinds my gears.

-Survival

This tends to happen with random players; however, I don't really have too many problems with extract campers in my random survivals nowadays

People are afraid of having two LP Capsules activate at once, so they usually avoid it to avoid any potential mistakes/screw ups they might make by going for the activation.

-Defense

Modes like defense, in my opinion, really shouldn't be played with randoms because people will leave at random times, with the exception being Sechura on Pluto

Well, if you're planning on going far it's really the most comforting with all 4 people

-Trading

Find me one game with individual/private trading that doesn't do that.

-Misc.

Eh. Not many people use voice chat and some prefer his/her music to hearing the same old gunshots and such. Especially when they go into a mission not expecting any mics because it's so scarcely used.

Edit: One more counter-arguement for survival

Edited by wonju911

Only thing I really disagree with here is the voice chat.

This game requiring a mic for teamwork?  This game where you can roll over everything 90% of the time until you hit enemy levels that are outside of the balance range?  I don't think so.  What would you communicate that is so critical that it has to be said over a mic rather than typed?  Rare mod?  That can be typed.  Incapacitated?  Your team can see your status on their HUD.

No, waste of my sense of hearing.  I'd rather listen to my music and keep voice chat turned off.

Not everyone is the same, so don't go generalizing 'everyone' in the Warframe community. Its quite rude, plus whats the point in telling a fellow Tenno to go do this and that on mic? We've got the Lotus for that.

First thing I do when I install a game with multiplayer:

1. Options

2. Sound settings

3. Disable voice communication

4. If not under sound settings, check multiplayer settings

5. Disable voice communication

6. If at all possible, hide/disable global chats

7. If for some reason I cannot possibly disable voice, uninstall said game and never touch it again.

I do not care about what anyone has to say in online video gaming now because the internet has turned everyone into simpleton idiot meme spammers. No little billy that wasn't epic for the win. Please fall in a well little billy.

A really deep well.

-Trading

Find me one game with individual/private trading that doesn't do that.

Guild Wars 2, i still find their trade house system superb, though its applicability is questionable in warframe since they don't trade parts but just ingame money and cash.

Trading

I agree to this very well as i hate going to wait to find buyers or sellers and most of the time they give either crazy prices or ask for cheap stuff. I usually try to negotiate with sellers if their prices are too much for me, however when i learn that the prices are not worth asking another deal i probably skip the entire process.

As for buyers, i hate this the most, please really don't help you with what they want and it sucks so i generally undersell those that i don't want.

5 and out on defense is the optimized way to earn credits (and take a reward every 5 waves). In fact, every time you go past wave 5 you throw away the end mission reward. This is pretty dumb on sechura or other well paying missions.

What?

What?

OP was mad about people leaving on wave 5 in defense (I call this "5 and out," if that wasn't obvious what I was talking about). However the game incentivizes leaving at wave 5.

Sechura:

leave at wave 5: 23k and a mod

leave at wave 10: 23k and a mod

leave at wave 15: 23k and a mod

leave at wave 20: 23k and a mod

By wave 20 you threw away 69k and 3 mods/keys

Edited by VegetableBasket

Survival

agree

Defense

agree... kinda, if the team is bad, xini-style or kappa-style, i dont wanna stay.

Trading

Deal with it, why would I continue talking to someone who just made me a laughable offer for a really good/expensive/rare item.

Misc

Never knew ppl used mic on this game, when there is so many of us chanting and typing away.

Survival

Defense

Trading

Misc

First world problems. I thought this was a serious matter. Moving along.