Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Rant] Why I Hate The Warframe Community

Yeehaw_Prime

When I play, I usually just play with a group of friends I already knew out of the game. We use teamspeak. You might want to make some friends in the community and set up a similar chat client. When you start playing online with strangers, you start running into problems and problem players. As far as trading goes, just be patient and if someone goes off the chain on an offer. Don't deal with them anymore. If they want to be indecisive and not at least list a minimum they want for the item and then get griefy when you give them an offer, well life is just too short to deal with that insanity.

You have pointed out the least of problems. Thats just the top layer of what you really see. It's nothing really, you got to complain about something. Thats the worst you will get. In you'r view this is the worst for you. For me, this has gone past my worries. One day, for you too it will. 

Wrooong choice of words.

#PS4versionisindenticaltoPCversionjustbehindonupdates

I don't get why people always say PC version is better than PS4 other than the updates. If it's a joke, screw you, I'm tired of the joke. If it's not, please explain.

I don't get why people always say PC version is better than PS4 other than the updates. If it's a joke, screw you, I'm tired of the joke. If it's not, please explain.

Think of it as a server thing. That they are really referring to the other server or the server that is behind or the PS4 Server rather than the PS4 itself.

Here are some reasons why I hate pretty much everyone in the Warframe community.

Sorted into categories for your convenience.

Survival

- People that wait at extraction after 5 minutes, even when clearly nobody else is ready to leave.  They will proceed to sit at extraction until the mission is over, even if you try and talk them out of it.

-When it seems like nobody except me pays attention to the life support, and when life support reaches 0 because I forgot to pay attention, it's suddenly my fault.

Defense

-People that leave on wave 5.  Exceptions include people that are just trying to uncover the map.

-When one person chooses to claim and exit, suddenly everyone else does, as if that one person was carrying the entire team.

Trading

-Sellers that ask you to make an offer when you ask how much something is, then when you make an offer they just say no and move on, without actually telling you what they want for it.  People do this because they expect you to offer more than what they were expecting, which rarely ever happens.

-Sellers that expect way more than an item is actually worth.

-Buyers that expect to pay way less than an item is actually worth.

Misc

-People that don't have sound on.  This is a game that has a voice chat function, where teamwork is very important.  Typing in the middle of the action is not an option.  Therefore, voice chat is a preferable form of communication.  It's okay if you don't have a mic, but don't expect me to type just to cater to you.  Turn your sound on.

And that ends my rant.  Hopefully, you aren't any of these people.

Survival - if its only been 5 minutes, just close your game and invite the people that aren't $&*&*#(%&, block the 1 who is and never deal with him again

Defense - yea i have to agree with you on this one, I hate it myself when people are PRETENDING they are going to stay and then they leave at last second....much more annoying then them just leaving. You can preserve your key by closing the game before they leave...more of an issue with the defense system as a whole

Trading- This is how trading works. regardless of how obnoxious trading can be with all the bad connections costing u deals, limited trade costing u deals, etc

misc- who the hell communicates in this game in the first place?

know why i hate the community? i read the forums

Edited by MerelyARumor

maybe the most useless RANT i ever seen.. wow.

guess what champ... maybe people HAVE to leave after 5minutes. maybe cause pizza is ready. maybe cause someone is at the door  and more. so what? whats your problem with that? if u want higher runs and stuff make a group and discuss how long u will stay.

i play this game mostly while having other stuff goin (like a stream,music  etc)  also MOST people dont wanna talk.. whats the problem with it? we are not in an mmorpg were talk is needed to progress. jesus

ignorant level over 9000

"Rant on why I hate the warframe community"

62XPfmM.jpg

This is why I hate the forums sometimes - because of [sneeze] like this. This is only the tip of the iceberg of what's wrong with this community. I've been considering making my own Warframe community where discussions can be held and good, honest debates can be made, solutions generated, folks can laugh and have genuine fun and foster a real sense of community.

Edited by -SLX-J3tAc3

So then they should come out with a system where you have to agree to do a X amount of waves before leaving, forcing you to stay on this certain item, or leave on this certain item...get my point?

I totally agree with this topic, this not only needs to be resolved, but needs to be considered. Nice argument bro, kudos to you.

Having played many games, I think the warframe community isn't that bad. Having played other shooters, and League of Legends, I've run into a large amount of raging egotards that drive me nuts. Since Warframe is mostly PvE, it is not often that you see people ripping on each other for being bad. In fact, most people I come across in warframe have been very nice and respectful.

You say that Warframe is a team game, then you should put together a good team that can work together. We have a recruitment tab in chat, search for people that want to go for a long time in Defense, hunting for a specific reward or just for the sake of EXP. If you play a public match and get paired of randoms, you can't expect them to abide by your desires. You may want to stay for a long time, others may want to leave just for the Credits. I know this from joining pubs for dark sector defense. A lot of people leave at wave 5 because they want credits while I want to stay for EXP. To remedy this, I just ask my friends to help me level, or I recruit some people on chat. You want teamwork? The put forth work in making a working team.

The same applies to Survival, if you're all hunting a specific reward like Loki Prime Helmet, establish that when recruiting and you will have a team that is working towards a common goal. As for Life Support, if you all forget to activate the life support then its the entire team's fault. No one should be blaming anyone. I've had numerous occasions when everyone forgot about Life Support, yet no one blamed anyone since it is everyone's fault. I don't know if you have bad luck, or just karma for hating on your team. But I haven't had to experience anything like that. Even when I do public Survival, most randoms I play with ask me how long I plan on staying for, and we agree on a specific time and goal.

In regards to Trading, there is no set price for any of those goods. You're hating on the very essence of economics. As Consumers, their goal is to buy something as cheap as they can. As Merchants, their goal is to sell for as much as they can. You're going to have a hard time finding a balance. It really depends on one's patience. A Merchant wanting to make some quick plat, may sell their merchandise for a reasonable or cheap price in order to sell quickly. A Consumer, desperate to get something quickly may be willing to pay more. Its how the world works. Merchants who ask for offers are patient and are waiting for a desperate consumer to offer a high price. Consumers are doing the same thing, waiting for an impatient Merchant to offer something at a low price. 

In regards to Voice Chat, the voice chat system in warframe is unreliable. Most times I hear static from others and I don't quite want to listen to some kids talking either. If you ever played Call of Duty or other shooters, you'll understand how annoying talking to others are. Some annoying people will even play loud music that you do not like. I only voice chat with my friends and we do so over skype because that is more reliable than Warframe's voice chat.

Here are some reasons why I hate pretty much everyone in the Warframe community.

Survival

- People that wait at extraction after 5 minutes, even when clearly nobody else is ready to leave.  They will proceed to sit at extraction until the mission is over, even if you try and talk them out of it.

-When it seems like nobody except me pays attention to the life support, and when life support reaches 0 because I forgot to pay attention, it's suddenly my fault.

Defense

-People that leave on wave 5.  Exceptions include people that are just trying to uncover the map.

-When one person chooses to claim and exit, suddenly everyone else does, as if that one person was carrying the entire team.

Trading

-Sellers that ask you to make an offer when you ask how much something is, then when you make an offer they just say no and move on, without actually telling you what they want for it.  People do this because they expect you to offer more than what they were expecting, which rarely ever happens.

Misc

-People that don't have sound on.  This is a game that has a voice chat function, where teamwork is very important.  Typing in the middle of the action is not an option.  Therefore, voice chat is a preferable form of communication.  It's okay if you don't have a mic, but don't expect me to type just to cater to you.  Turn your sound on.

I don't see the first 3 problems of yours as a legitimate problem :/

Survival/Defense problems of yours: Get your own damn hand-picked squad. Don't expect pubbies to follow you on a random matchmaking.

Trading problem of yours: It's all about playing with the trading players. I don't see why you're supposed to buy from players that are overpricing things and I don't see why you're supposed to follow the pricing when selling your own things. Learn to region hop when buying/selling.

And last thing, hating players on trading is like hating yourself for being unable to buy/sell things efficiently.

Survival

PUGs. What do you expect? If you want semi-organised team play then find yourself a clan.

Defense

See my above answer. As for the second point, if someone playing a key role in the team needs to leave (eg: the Nyx sitting on the pod with absorb) and the odds of success without that player aren't great then it makes sense to leave with them.

Trading

This is how direct player to player trading has always worked. However, in the case of your first point, if someone simply wants an offer then give them a horrendous lowball to the point that it offends them. They'll usually call you a noob and then say something like 'It's worth at least X' at which point you can get an idea of the price range they have in mind and decide if they're deluded or actually worth your time. 

Misc

In all my time playing Warframe I could count the number of mic users I've come across on one hand. Typing gets the job done just fine. It's also worth mentioning that a lot of people, myself included, mute the game volume and listen to music while playing. As nice as Warframe sounds, music really helps lighten the grind from time to time.

"Bäääh, everyone has to play the game like I want them to, because only my way is the right way."

- OP

Get yourself a clan, that'll solve pretty much all of your problems.

Except for the trading problem. There is only one solution though: learn to haggle. Don't blame others for your inability to trade properly.

Edited by Leland_Gaunt

^ Last one is pretty wrong.. Maybe in your PS4 S#&$ter version of the game.

^^Wow. Just, wow.

Fellow Tennos, this type of elitist, egotistical attitude is the REAL problem with this community. In-game and in the forums.

Yes, PS4 is behind PC regarding new content, and some content we will never be privy to. This is reality, and for the majority of the mature PS4 gamers, this reality does not affect our enjoyment or skill level. For those who helped fund this game at its inception, both monetarily and with constructive input, THANK YOU.

In defense of PS4 being a second-rate version (as the above PC player attests), consider that we receive the polished or "fixed" version of any update, since the PC platform has been relegated to being the "guinea pigs", for lack of a better phrase. Wait, "Initial Testers". Better.

The current formula:

New update released

PC community erupts into a veritable S#&$storm of complaints and rants, some constructive, some .......

DE heeds the LEGITIMATE complaints (hopefully)

Hotfix ##.#

Release of the new polished update for PS4. Little to NO need for hotfixes.

So basically, PS4 players spend less time having to complain and rant on the forums regarding new content and more time actually ENJOYING the game. +1

PC players, your being the first platform to experience this game affords you NO right to consider yourselves more skillful, intelligent, and mature than your PS4 counterparts.

We rely on you guys for knowledge due to your first hand experience. IMO this places a certain responsibility on your shoulders to be humble teachers, or more like big brothers, and not elitist dregs like this guy ^.

Edited by (PS4)kcarpe2007

Survival

Defense

Trading

Misc

Pretty much spot on with all points. Especially the trading one.

I don't mind the Defense leavers at wave 5, but you're right about the mob mentality when one person deciding to exit causes everyone else to want to exit.

Some of the comments at the OP's rant are really defensive, it's comical.

I hesitate to reply to these, because we all get frustrated at times and sometimes just go off.

On the other hand, this one is pretty senseless.

As for survival missions, yeah, lots of things can cut them short. You know you can re-queue again, yes? I don't get too worked up over these anymore, and neither should you.

Defense missions...hey, if something pops up I want, I'm gone. If the group is rubbing me the wrong way, I'm gone.

Trading. Man, this one. It shouldn't even be in the game, in my opinion. It is what it is. Guess what? Selling things personally out in the Real World is no different. At all. People will be people. It's just like selling a car, a motorcycle (do I ever have stories), guns (do I have EVER have stories), or whathaveyou. Better get used to it. It's no different anywhere else.

Talking. Not going to happen with most people. Get used to it. I don't know you. I don't especially want to hear you. The ingame voice chat is dysfunctional to put it mildly. I do use Skype, TS3, and Vent, but with people I generally know outside the game. Mostly, it's unnecessary and functionality can't be counted on. I can hear you (and might not want to), but I won't usually respond since chances are I can't drop what I'm doing just to type.

The bottom line is you have to deal with others and they may not be on the same page as you. If you can't live with that, you know where the uninstall button is.