Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So Hello. New Warframe Player

Sike1990

Question

So hello. I started playing yesterday and i simply LOVE what i have played for now. Hack and slash, shooter, co-op.. simply awesome. Now i am starting to understand this game, and decided that i will try to get rhino ( but frost is so close also ). So i would be gratefull if you guys could answer following questions

a) So rhino or frost - i love to be in the first row, and i do know both are tanky, slow and that...my dilema is 50-50 between them. Rhino is hard to kill , but frost have some utility.

b) regarding primary weapon - i love sound and gameplay of braton , can it be viable choice for rhino or frost ( after mods, maybe prime version etc. )

c) regarding melee weapons - i dont know nothin about it.. xd...

I am looing forward to hearing youre thoughts :))

22 answers to this question

a) go with frost first, rhino is widely regarded as a "noob-frame" since eventually he completely trivializes gameplay (and frost is my fav wf :P)
b)if you like the braton you should try out the karak and eventually the boltor both have a really nice "machinegun-feel"
c) almost all melee weapons are viable in the beginning, just go with what ever you like :D
hope I could help at least a little

Regarding melee. I think i want either sword or axe xd

Well, there are tons of swords available, so I wouldn't know where to start.

As for axes there are only two: the heavy Scindo and the Dual Zoren (tomahawks). For me, after I went for the dual Zoren as fast as I could. Their damage output per hit is low, but their critical strike chance and fast speed make them worthwhile.

The Scindo and any heavy weapon really feels like you are carrying around some weight. It has a decent damage output with a low attack speed.

Either are completely viable, as well as any sword weapon you would desire to use.

Edited by IANOBW

aha. well thnx...I just have to think to take rhino or frost. Rhino have skills as classic tank, but frost have utility regarding that snow glope, or even that frostbolt which is usefull for slowing enemy advance..especially some harder mobs

Rhino is the kind of tank that smacks his face in the enemy. Frost is the kind of tanky dude that can keep you safe as long as you're around him.

Utility wise - Frost is all about slows and stuns, even the secondary effect of the (impenetrable) globe is slow. Rhino's abilities also include a good amount of utility - from the knockdown from his charge, through the ability to revive people even under fire with his Iron skin, the awesome damage buff from his roar and the last, but not least - the Stomp, which is damage and utility at the same time.

As for the weapons: the Karak is good, but you might wanna focus on Boltor or Soma.

For the melee weapons - honestly, I would suggest a polearm, staff or scythe when it comes to single weapons. For duals - the Ether swords do look awesome and pack a punch. You have the option of getting wolverine-like claws now (from clan tech). If you prefer more close-quarter combat or simply faster weapons - go with dual zoren/fang Prime/ any sparring fists. And there comes my favourite among the melee weapons - the boomerang and the glaive - the throwing weapons (though a stance for them will be a bit tricky to get)

Also, you didn't mention a secondary - try either the Lex(and later Lex Prime) or the Brakk.

I hope this post will be helpful for ya (and maybe even others)

hmm...i slightly favours rhino for now xd.

Do yourself a favor and pick Frost.

After using Rhino for so long, you get too used to the Iron Skin being up.

Using Frost will help you keep in mind to watch your Health, Shields, and Energy.

besides, it is not like you cannot go back and get another frame later.

Plus, Rhino has a Mastery Rank requirement of 2, so I am not sure if you meet the requirements for him yet.

Every frame requires four things to build: the market blue print, a helmet, a chassis, and a systems.  The blue prints for those three parts in turn drop from the boss node of all the planets.  The parts needed to build Frost drop from the boss of a high level planet, Ceres.  If you really want him you will need another player with that planet unlocked to 'taxi' you there.  Or you can pay platinum (real money) to buy the whole frame from the market.

My suggestion to you is get Rhino first and play the game a bit.  Eventually you'll have them all so it doesn't really matter.

Also, one poster above talked about the Soma as a good weapon.  It is, but it requires mastery rank 6 so talking about it in this context is pretty pointless.  Look at the Boltor, Karak and the Paris (if you like bows) as your next step weapons.

Both Karak and Rhino require mastery rank 2.

So hello. I started playing yesterday and i simply LOVE what i have played for now. Hack and slash, shooter, co-op.. simply awesome. Now i am starting to understand this game, and decided that i will try to get rhino ( but frost is so close also ). So i would be gratefull if you guys could answer following questions

a) So rhino or frost - i love to be in the first row, and i do know both are tanky, slow and that...my dilema is 50-50 between them. Rhino is hard to kill , but frost have some utility.

b) regarding primary weapon - i love sound and gameplay of braton , can it be viable choice for rhino or frost ( after mods, maybe prime version etc. )

c) regarding melee weapons - i dont know nothin about it.. xd...

I am looing forward to hearing youre thoughts :))

a) i say it doesn't matter what you pick all frames are good rhino is pretty much the most popular one it's all about how you mod him i'll say go for rhino then get an extra slot for your frame in inventory and get frost frost is the king in defense his now glove is da best and the way he slow down enemies with his ice wave FREAKIN nice

b)i'll say get eather latron or karak it's goood for beginners and work on them and REMEMBER NEVER sell a weapon or a frame below rank 30

c) I'll say go for amphis it's really gooood for beginners and make sure to spam that melee ground stomp with amphis it stuns with electricity nearby enemys

Get Rhino to take you through the solar system. But as much as you can stick with your first frame so you will remember about Health, Shields etc. Rhino only for super hard missions or such. And I think you know how to increase your Mastery Rank. Once you get through the System you can get Frost. Rhino is so much easier to get.

Braton is my favourite, but Karak is better. So go with Karak. I don't recommend Soma as it's Mastery 7 and some mods for it may be hard to get by.

Melee Weaps; OKAY OTHER PEOPLE THIS IS MY PERSONAL PREFERENCE DON'T HATE ME PLEASE :<

Dual weaps, get Ethers or Heat Sword if you can.

Staff and polearm- Orthos and Amphis

Heavy- I have no idea sorry. 

Scythe-Get Ether Reaper, easy to get and I don't think there's much difference in terms of performance with Reaper Prime.

Single Sword- Seeing that you aren't so advanced into the game yet, get Cronus. Until you get a better sword from alert or something.

Whip- Lecta :3

And for guys trying to say "you could get better weapons", please take this consideration that this guy is not yet MR2. Unless there really is something better that he can get, then please give proof and then you may call me names. And yeah I will be sorry.