Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Regarding Complaints About Founder Packs, Cross-Platform And Account Migration. Read This!

Zelfarion

I'm going to attempt to get a group of founders who play on ps4 to get a petition going (I'm aware that amounts to little in the end) but these are legitimate concerns and they need to be addressed properly, rather than the player base just saying "tough S#&$"

Do you see the irony in this?

The Founders are the ones who constantly tell the player base "tough s#&S".....

You get a taste of your own sandwich and you don't like it. Not surprising.

As long as you're not illigitimizing my concerns or patronizing me, I can respect you Gremlin. It seems like you share my view on the subject at least partially, at the very least you can agree that DE has screwed up here. In that no matter what they do they are going to piss off some of their customers, so now it's been boiled down to how few people they can piss off.

Exactly my point, DE were the ones pushing this misinformation with misguided promises of transfers including the founder's packs, now instead of making good on those assurances in the best way they can manage they're basically playing government cover up by getting rid of any mention of them on PS4 which is both counterintuitive and counterproductive.

This would hold water if Founders exclusives were still visible to non-founders on PC - so I'm not sure why this keeps getting brought up. It was at the request of quite a few players, non-founders mind you, that the exclusives be removed from sight in the codex for those that don't have them - as to not rub it in their faces every time they load up their codex. This isn't some sort of internal plot to make PS4 users suffer.

Edited by DJ_Redwire

Do you see the irony in this?

The Founders are the ones who constantly tell the player base "tough s#&S".....

You get a taste of your own sandwich and you don't like it. Not surprising.

I'm a big boy, I think I can handle some rejection. What I can't handle is doing nothing about it. I've come across a fair number of players on topics much like this one who share my views at least to some degree.

Exactly my point, DE were the ones pushing this misinformation with misguided promises of transfers including the founder's packs, now instead of making good on those assurances in the best way they can manage they're basically playing government cover up by getting rid of any mention of them on PS4 which is both counterintuitive and counterproductive.

I'm going to attempt to get a group of founders who play on ps4 to get a petition going (I'm aware that amounts to little in the end) but these are legitimate concerns and they need to be addressed properly, rather than the player base just saying "tough S#&$"

De never made any promises about founders items being transferable.  They've always talked about the migration process as a work in progress that up until very recently was under negotiation with Sony.  They haven't gone into any specifics whether exclusives would transfer.

Edited by Aggh

As long as you're not illigitimizing my concerns or patronizing me, I can respect you Gremlin. It seems like you share my view on the subject at least partially, at the very least you can agree that DE has screwed up here. In that no matter what they do they are going to &!$$ off some of their customers, so now it's been boiled down to how few people they can &!$$ off.

Been said multiple times. Release founders pack on PS4. 3 founder primes, excalibur prime avatars, prime access amount of platinum. No other perks. There all problems solved. Everything transfers, future cross-play possible. DE already said they will not do that. So accept that you won't have your stuff on PS4 like everyone playing on PS4 and wait and see how DE will weasel out. Who will be the real first prime, what will be done to excalibur etc. Also, realize that transfer to PS4 was not a part of the deal. The deal itself was pack for Warframe the PC game. Then they also made dubious statements about future transfers, but it was never in the pack descriptions. And it couldn't be, it would have been a lawsuit from Sony.

And if anyone tells you they legally obliged to not release them it's a lie. They can turn founder primes into skins and nothing illegal there. They reserved the right to change anything and everything about any item. Model, skin, what type of item it is.

I'm a big boy, I think I can handle some rejection. What I can't handle is doing nothing about it. I've come across a fair number of players on topics much like this one who share my views at least to some degree.

Alternatively they maybe going the route of dilution like with the arcane helms. Over time they will disappear.

Why dont they just offically decide to make an announcement that Cross Platform Play is gone and be done with it?

It's hard to cut off your own leg. Especially if you wounded it with a diseased knife yourself, deliberately and can't expect any sympathy. Especially if you believed this will make you a God. Same situation, really, but with game development.

Hell, why don't they announce "founder pack items will never be available in current or future versions of Warframe" instead of no active plans to re-release?

LOL TC is out of his godamned mind. Just picture the opposite scenario, we being able to transfer things only obtainable in our platform into yours. Not nice, huh?

Don't bother with wall of texts, arguments, whatever the eff you want, the fact of the matter is : STUFF NOT OFFERED TO OUR PLATFORM BEING TRANSFERRED INTO IT. That's what it is, no more no less. For EVERY argument of yours i all gladly pose a counter argument, hadn't Lord_Gremlin already not done so. And it will come down to your biased opinion against mine.

Solution is simple : Offer us the excal, lato and skana prime. No badge, no council, no landmark, just those 3 things, then you bring yours over.

Too greedy to let ppl you will never play with or your future community be able to acquire them? Then do us all a favor and stay away from our community, because knowing ps4 players, I am A HUNDRED PERCENT POSITIVE most wouldn't give a damn about sharing exclusives, granted they were offered in the same conditions, I know i wouldn't.

Edited by (PS4)DanteVincent

Why dont they just offically decide to make an announcement that Cross Platform Play is gone and be done with it?

Indeed!

The only thing that DE need to do to make cross-platform possible is hold PC updates to release them at the same time as PS4 gets them(like Gaijin did, with their War Thunder). If they don't want to do this - they need to say us, simply because it's a fair thing to do to your fans.

Been said multiple times. Release founders pack on PS4. 3 founder primes, excalibur prime avatars, prime access amount of platinum. No other perks. There all problems solved. Everything transfers, future cross-play possible. DE already said they will not do that. So accept that you won't have your stuff on PS4 like everyone playing on PS4 and wait and see how DE will weasel out. Who will be the real first prime, what will be done to excalibur etc. Also, realize that transfer to PS4 was not a part of the deal. The deal itself was pack for Warframe the PC game. Then they also made dubious statements about future transfers, but it was never in the pack descriptions. And it couldn't be, it would have been a lawsuit from Sony.

And if anyone tells you they legally obliged to not release them it's a lie. They can turn founder primes into skins and nothing illegal there. They reserved the right to change anything and everything about any item. Model, skin, what type of item it is.

Well re-releasing the Founders Pack will cause a stir in the community, You may feel that you think it is the right thing to do but for the PC players who purchased the Founders Pack will get a massive kick in the nuts. Just because It was released on the PS4 and soon-to-be Xbox One you can't just go re-releasing the Founders Pack again because being a Founder means you backed up the game's development. 

Indeed!

The only thing that DE need to do to make cross-platform possible is hold PC updates to release them at the same time as PS4 gets them(like Gaijin did, with their War Thunder). If they don't want to do this - they need to say us, simply because it's a fair thing to do to your fans.

Judging by this thread, cross platform would be a massive PR nightmare, because while they can prevent the founder's exclusives from showing up on the PS4 version, they can't on PC. And, while the tears would be amazing, it's proooobably not worth it. 

What I don't understand, is how people can say that PS4 players can't be founders because they didn't found anything, and that they supported the game in it's infancy when there was only one faction and one tileset, when you could buy the founders pack 2 weeks before the PS4 version was released. So what they're saying is that until 2 weeks before the PS4 release, there was basically no content? I find that very hard to believe.

I respect the ones who did support the game in it's early days, however I don't have one ounce for the ones who came later, and bought it right before the deadline, they founded as much as any early PS4 player.

The fact is that you guys who complain would most likely not have the game today if we PC players didnt "buy" Founder Packs and bought a S#&$load of platinum this like 1 year we played before you got it for PS4. I mean we Founders practically paid YOUR version of the game. And you want to strip us of the small trivial skin and emblems we got from that? I mean its not like we got something thats BETTER than what you can get. I have Excalibur Prime from the Founder Pack. I have the emblems etc etc. The Lato Prime was worthless. Excalibur Prime is just a re-skinned Excalibur that has differrent starting polarity slots.

Thats pretty much what we got for buying you, YOUR version of Warframe. I mean we PC players PAID to get Warframe to where it is today along with people who only bought platinum. I mean the PC players have given you the game as well. Keep that in mind. And just to finish this one: Founder Packs are NOT there to make you donate towards future development. Or well sort of. That is the result it gives. But the Founder Packs are there in the beginning when the company doesnt have much money to spend on the game to let players help spending money on the game to let the devs make the game better for us players. It doesnt matter if the game is in beta or not. the purpose of a Founders Campaign or a Kickstarter Campaign is to get the game rolling. To get it working and draw in people to help the devs be able to make the game.

Using your own loopy logic, we (the PS4 players) and you (PC players) are then due for another Founder's Pack with Warframe's port to XBOne.  Should I start dispensing the party hats now?

You then go on to say that most of the items aren't great and that they're for vanity?  In that case, is your ego so fragile that you can't handle others having "worthless" items?

I don't particularly care about the Founder's pack.  I recognize the contributions of the PC players in helping to fund a really fun game for us to play.  What I take exception to is being treated like second class citizens because we weren't here first.  I know, myself, have spent more on this game than any game I've ever played.  So have many other PS4 players.  I am an advocate for making EVERYTHING available to EVERYONE.  Founders get exclusive badges and spots on the Design Council and Grand Master designations on the forums, isn't that enough? 

We experience our fair share of bugs, including a wonderful cannot save bug that wipes out 60 minute survival mission rewards and one currently running around where you spawn with an Intruder at 093/093 and can't do anything and are forced to reset and abandon the mission.

We, as a community, should all be on equal footing to share ideas and voice opinions to make the game even better.  Sniping at one another was an unintended consequence of the Founder's Pack.  Thanks for your contributions founders, but don't disrespect the numerous contributions of all the players that have come after you.  

Stop treating us like your little brothers and we won't have to act like younger siblings with a chip on our shoulder.

And then there's this:

I'll just leave this here....

ZUMTLq8.png

4TEVHxb.png

I cannot wait for you guys to "experience" the XBOne community.  You're all in for a treat.

(PS4)DDyBryan, if non-Founders (PC and PS4) would stop treating founders like it's a selfish crime to support DE's no stance (wanting them to keep their word) then you wouldn't get backlash from founders. Most of these issues start when one of you starts a thread talking about how selfish or greedy founders are for not wanting you to get founders stuff. Stop being disrespectful towards founders and founders wont be inclined to disrespect you. Founders are not being selfish by supporting DE's no stance. DE sold the founders pack as an exclusive. For them to go against that would be for them to break their word, and it'd be false advertising. Most founders therefore support DE's no stance regarding releasing founders items. Founders who do are constantly called selfish, greedy, and disrespectful for supporting this stance. You claim that you're treated like second class citizens because founders wont agree with you and because they support DE's decision. I know it's not all non founders, but again, I say: stop disrespecting founders with your name calling and accusations, and founders wont disrespect you.

"If the founders items are so terrible, you shouldn't have any problem with other people having them."

Please try to refrain from this kind of argument. It goes both ways, if you believe they are so bad, you shouldn't have a problem NOT having them. It's this type of circular reasoning that doesn't bode well for a discussion.

man wall of text.. try Building of text lol. didnt read any of it and Im still not :) Founders are founders, end of discussion. Do I want excal prime, YES.. am i gonna get it? Never! Thats teh end guys. GG have a great night :)

man wall of text.. try Building of text lol. didnt read any of it and Im still not :) Founders are founders, end of discussion. Do I want excal prime, YES.. am i gonna get it? Never! Thats teh end guys. GG have a great night :)

This guy gets it.

I found this video on facebook and i decided , though i quit this game awhile ago, i had to come on the forums and find the perfect place to post it..luckily i didnt have to look very hard 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdSVCcaV4Tw  

i had alot of good entertainment watching people i dont like argue with people i dont like

also the DE has spoken!! 

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/258310-i-feel-better-about-migration-now-picture-proof/

you can stop talking in this thread now, Founders exclusives arent migrating

I found this video on facebook and i decided , though i quit this game awhile ago, i had to come on the forums and find the perfect place to post it..luckily i didnt have to look very hard 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdSVCcaV4Tw  

i had alot of good entertainment watching people i dont like argue with people i dont like

also the DE has spoken!! 

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/258310-i-feel-better-about-migration-now-picture-proof/

you can stop talking in this thread now, Founders exclusives arent migrating

Well the whole point was to discuss it. And considering it's been relatively civil and healthy discussion why would stop having it? I think there have been several really good ideas presented throughout. I don't think any of the ideas will be implemented but that shouldn't stop us from having the discussion.

You mean aside from making cross play viable and more than tripling the player base for them?

ok I just have a question since im really curious here: How does allowing cross platform play triple the player base? its never happened in any other game that has done this. so why would it happen here? i mean you would maybe double or triple the player base that can play together. but you wont get 3 times as many players getting the game because of this one feature.

So just my question as stated in the beginning here: How would cross platfomr triple the player base?

(If I sound mean or something then I apologise. Not the intention. Just curious thats all.)

ok I just have a question since im really curious here: How does allowing cross platform play triple the player base? its never happened in any other game that has done this. so why would it happen here? i mean you would maybe double or triple the player base that can play together. but you wont get 3 times as many players getting the game because of this one feature.

So just my question as stated in the beginning here: How would cross platfomr triple the player base?

(If I sound mean or something then I apologise. Not the intention. Just curious thats all.)

they were reffering to the 1 year data that showed a total of 7m players. which looks like it has about 1.8m players on PS4 servers.

heres the link so u can see for yourself

https://warframe.com/news/warframe-numbers