Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Regarding Complaints About Founder Packs, Cross-Platform And Account Migration. Read This!

Zelfarion

As I said before on several occasions, I think DE should re-introduce the Founders Program as it originally stood for a limited time in the push from Open Beta to Launch, if that is legally feasible.

Let's give everyone another opportunity to get their beak wet, whether it be PC players that missed out on Founders, those would like to upgrade their current Founders still, or those PS4 players and Xbox One players interested in helping to support the game.

I have friends or members of various online communities I manage that play on consoles overseas and in areas where gaming rigs are few and far between or just not practical. I'm already committed to gaming on PC, so the chance of us playing Warframe together rests on cross-play.

Some people bought Founders on the condition that account migration would be a thing shortly after the PS4 release was announced way back in September or October. I am hoping that comes for them sooner rather than later.

And so ends my feedback buried deep within a thread where it will get skipped over. Good hunting, Tenno.

they were reffering to the 1 year data that showed a total of 7m players. which looks like it has about 1.8m players on PS4 servers.

heres the link so u can see for yourself

https://warframe.com/news/warframe-numbers

That was from months before Warframe became the 2nd most downloaded thing on PS4, behind Netflix. We should assume that the PS4 number is double or triple by now, unless DE posts the figures.

That's my thinly veiled attempt at getting DE to post more numbers again.. maybe on a quarterly basis.. did it work?

I found this video on facebook and i decided , though i quit this game awhile ago, i had to come on the forums and find the perfect place to post it..luckily i didnt have to look very hard 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdSVCcaV4Tw

i had alot of good entertainment watching people i dont like argue with people i dont like

also the DE has spoken!! 

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/258310-i-feel-better-about-migration-now-picture-proof/

you can stop talking in this thread now, Founders exclusives arent migrating

yeah, except that the whole part where Rebecca says "at this time, I believe" kinda pokes holes in how concrete that decision is. Therefor, everyone can continue talking about this issue since it's still relevant.

As I said before on several occasions, I think DE should re-introduce the Founders Program as it originally stood for a limited time in the push from Open Beta to Launch, if that is legally feasible.

Let's give everyone another opportunity to get their beak wet, whether it be PC players that missed out on Founders, those would like to upgrade their current Founders still, or those PS4 players and Xbox One players interested in helping to support the game.

I have friends or members of various online communities I manage that play on consoles overseas and in areas where gaming rigs are few and far between or just not practical. I'm already committed to gaming on PC, so the chance of us playing Warframe together rests on cross-play.

Some people bought Founders on the condition that account migration would be a thing shortly after the PS4 release was announced way back in September or October. I am hoping that comes for them sooner rather than later.

And so ends my feedback buried deep within a thread where it will get skipped over. Good hunting, Tenno.

Just letting you know, I read your post and I'm one of those who was planning on migrating my account. Now I don't see the point, I have everything on my PS4 account that I had on my Steam account sans my Ex Prime.

yeah, except that the whole part where Rebecca says "at this time, I believe" kinda pokes holes in how concrete that decision is. Therefor, everyone can continue talking about this issue since it's still relevant.

Did you read DE Drew's quote? It's posted in another similar thread and it reads much more concretely than Rebecca's.

Edited by (PS4)da-link-went-1

Personally as a non founder and since I had a choice in frames I always thought Excaliber was always a duff, I had it as my first and since I got a real choice I havent used it since.

I would say the PS version can never have the founders pack not because the PC founders paid to make this game, which they didnt the game itself was already built everything else added since wasand is cosmetic.

I would suggest that the reason is simply that DE made a promise about the "exclusive items", now it is true that DE are not bound by any contract to their players and that any investment in this game gives you zero additional rights beyond the design threads so in theory if the owners of WF decide to cash in again then the founders pack might return. I doubt it will though because it would show too clearly who is making the decisions about WF's direction and whilst many were and are willing to invest in the original DE far fewer are oblivious to the nature of PW.

This is very much the reason that I am glad I didnt buy the founders pack, if anyone has a right to be butthurt then those people who lashed out what is in many countries an average weekly only for the people they trusted with their money to be moved asside.

For those that feel second class because they missed out on the founder pack I would say instead be glad that you have less to loose if the games direction takes a radical turn.

It is a shame that DE chose to limit these premium items to founders only, DE might have instead made the items ownership based upon the amount invested so they could continue to profit but the fact is they didnt. DE instead opted for an offer they insisted was a one time only deal and if you missed out then it is too late to complain about it now, this game was built upon being around at the right time to profit and to be fair the founders were there at the right time.

PS owners can never be "founders" unless they were playing the PC version and bought in on the offer so to the PS owners buck up you might discover that you were lucky after all

Edited by LeMoog

In console history outside of a handful of windows live games there really hasn't been cross platform games. That being said, traditionally, console makers seem to only approve a multiplat game if the standards are respected and the content the same or better as other platforms. Now that's not a hard law with console makers, but, if you want your game on mult platforms, let alone cross play, your going to have to open the extra content on console. Either make it a market item, a grind item, whatever. Sony and MS are not going to allow content on their platforms that their big supporters can't get or had to go outside of PSN and Xbox Live to get. DE doesn not have the clout to strong arm these companies even if PW took them over.

To me it makes no sense to pander to the vanity of a few players and spend development dollars supposedly re-writing or writing a plausible explanation why excal has no prime frame while sales are being lost on other platforms due to the "second class" citizen effect. Any other business might have just wrote a letter to those with the limited items explaining that they are truly sorry, but the reality of market forces and the way the game design played out has forced them to re offer the items in the quest for a complete game and here is some plat for ones inconvience. The fact DE is going to such a length to keep one segement of it's players happy speaks volumes for how truly they appreciate their customers.

As a founder, one should genuinely ask themselves if the extras are worth keeping limited to, if it means alienating possible extra sources of revenue like other platforms in light of a possible acquistion by PW or PWE. I know for me I'd rather see limited items go common if it meant keeping DE away from some horrid alliances.

-snip-

lets try to keep discussion about PW out of this thread, never ends well

aside from that seeing multiple forms of evidence saying founders items will not transfer has confirmed 1 thing,

1. that cross platform will NEVER happen, why would you change and lock content to PC that would be eventually seen anyways. so that's a saddening prospect.

-snip-

sadly ur disrespect for anyone who bought founders after a certain point is directed at the playerbase when it was the marketing team that decided to prolong it.

it was DE's standpoint and the standpoint from a majority of the beginning founders that the package had been going on way too long and was way past its promised end date which was initially at the end of closed beta. they also agreed that they couldn't quite call it a founders pack anymore after the game had been released as open beta for so long and was about to be ported to its first console release.

just as being a Closed Beta Tester, you cannot be a "founder" because the product offered was limited to a time before you started playing. you are in the same boat as any other PC player that decided to try out the game after founders was ended. 

• 3 weeks later...

I just want to say as an ending that this threads purpose has ended. Since now the migration is here and now its finalized (im captain obvious here I know) so this thread can be locked or removed if the admins feel that they want to save space or whatever. And I thank everyone for their input on this and again I apologise for anything ive said that sounded mean or offensive.

Best Regards Zelf

You coulve just you know...

Not nekrod it?

I said my last words as the OP. That is all. And its not necrod yet. hasnt been long enough. It wouldve been one thing if I came back like a year later and did this. But now its been less than a month. It had been like 19 days after the last reply. And that is less than 3 weeks. So no I didnt necro this thread. And besides: Does your comment make the situation any better even IF I actually necrod the thread? No.

Since it is really simple. I dont reply if no one else replies. So if none of you wouldve said anything the thread wouldve been left in peace and I wouldve gone to an admin and locked the thread. But there will always be these people that think to respond to a necrod thread (even though this one isnt one of them) is the smart thing to do to make the thread less necrod. 

Which fyi: it just makes it even MORE necrod. I mean to respon to someone that necros a thread if you arent an admin/moderator or whatever you wanna call em is just gonna fuel the thread up again. 

So you shouldve thought alittle before commenting. Just a pro tip.

And with all of this said I once again will this time try to find an admin to lock the thread before even more people who think that responding will solve the issue. So if you really want the thread to stay ailent, then dont go into it and say something more so I can actually lock it this time. 

Since I actually was in the process of locking it but then you guys had to comment so it got refreshed on their end making it non lockable at the time.

So stay quiet and dont comment and itll be locked within the next few days most likely.

Founder pack items are paid content that was never offered on PS store, it's a PC exclusive DLC. As such it can't be eligible for transfer and may very well be the reason cross-play was permanently cancelled. While other games manage cross-play just fine. Everything else does not matter. As simple as that.

This is very unlikely.  What is a more likely reason for not having cross platform play is the uproar from PC users when the PS4 version was announced.  PC users didn't want to have their rate of content addition and updates/fixes dictated by the Sony's certifications process.  DE made a promise to the PC players that the PC version would always remain the focus of the games development, and had the game become cross platform the PC version would forever have been held back. 

I said my last words as the OP. That is all. And its not necrod yet. hasnt been long enough. It wouldve been one thing if I came back like a year later and did this. But now its been less than a month. It had been like 19 days after the last reply. And that is less than 3 weeks. So no I didnt necro this thread. 

Please cite me the official rules and regulations that state how long it takes before a thread is 'necro-able.' 

Last time I checked, it was until the thread is no longer relevant. 

My issue with the whole ordeal is that crossovers brought with them the L.Core and P.Chamber. I highly doubt they all will be staying on PS4, after all it IS just a dupe account and none of the real true effort is transferred. To release (via crossovers IT WAS RELEASED) mods that go upward of 4K platinum with no way to obtain it other than crossing over from a predated PC account or buying one from these temporary players is rediculous. That right there is my issue. Then again, I'm still buying. Really, I'm looking for P. Chamber, hit me up.

Edited by (PS4)starlyes

The fact is that you guys who complain would most likely not have the game today if we PC players didnt "buy" Founder Packs and bought a S#&$load of platinum this like 1 year we played before you got it for PS4. I mean we Founders practically paid YOUR version of the game. And you want to strip us of the small trivial skin and emblems we got from that? I mean its not like we got something thats BETTER than what you can get. I have Excalibur Prime from the Founder Pack. I have the emblems etc etc. The Lato Prime was worthless. Excalibur Prime is just a re-skinned Excalibur that has differrent starting polarity slots.

Thats pretty much what we got for buying you, YOUR version of Warframe. I mean we PC players PAID to get Warframe to where it is today along with people who only bought platinum.

You didn't paid for our game or PS4's game, you paid for the Founder items, i mean, you only paid a small part to get your own Founder stuff, i can't believe you actually think you paid for our game.

I said my last words as the OP. That is all. And its not necrod yet. hasnt been long enough. It wouldve been one thing if I came back like a year later and did this. But now its been less than a month. It had been like 19 days after the last reply. And that is less than 3 weeks. So no I didnt necro this thread. And besides: Does your comment make the situation any better even IF I actually necrod the thread? No.

Since it is really simple. I dont reply if no one else replies. So if none of you wouldve said anything the thread wouldve been left in peace and I wouldve gone to an admin and locked the thread. But there will always be these people that think to respond to a necrod thread (even though this one isnt one of them) is the smart thing to do to make the thread less necrod. 

Which fyi: it just makes it even MORE necrod. I mean to respon to someone that necros a thread if you arent an admin/moderator or whatever you wanna call em is just gonna fuel the thread up again. 

So you shouldve thought alittle before commenting. Just a pro tip.

And with all of this said I once again will this time try to find an admin to lock the thread before even more people who think that responding will solve the issue. So if you really want the thread to stay ailent, then dont go into it and say something more so I can actually lock it this time. 

Since I actually was in the process of locking it but then you guys had to comment so it got refreshed on their end making it non lockable at the time.

So stay quiet and dont comment and itll be locked within the next few days most likely.

July 14th>August rd

The thread is dead and similar topics have been locked left and right

If you want it to be locked you could you know...

Stop being a hypocrite?

"I actually was in the process of locking it but then you guys had to comment so it got refreshed on their end making it non lockable at the time."

Just go ask a  mod to lock it where its dead though theyd say its not needed since you know

The topic was dead

Ironically youe the one bringing this topic back to life and complaining that its getting bumped more

Lets see how long it takes to get locked

Edited by Azawarau

July 14th>August rd

The thread is dead and similar topics have been locked left and right

If you want it to be locked you could you know...

Stop being a hypocrite?

"I actually was in the process of locking it but then you guys had to comment so it got refreshed on their end making it non lockable at the time."

Just go ask a  mod to lock it where its dead though theyd say its not needed since you know

The topic was dead

Ironically youe the one bringing this topic back to life and complaining that its getting bumped more

Lets see how long it takes to get locked

Chill, I never saw this topic b4 and I'm glad it got nekrod so I can care about people not getting their founder packs

Chill, I never saw this topic b4 and I'm glad it got nekrod so I can care about people not getting their founder packs

The founders pack is never coming back

We should opt more for a dexcalibur instead

There still was no reason for OP to nekro this thread and play master hypocrite

Founders pack isn't coming back.

PS3 shouldn't get an equivalent pack because it wouldn't BE equivalent given that founders were taking a risk on supporting a game that could have failed which is something PS3 players are not doing. The fact that the founders pack was extended well beyond its original date doesn't make the point moot because a lot of founders still took that risk and your desire for console exclusives is not and never will be more important than that.

Maybe if DE were ever curious they could allow the council to vote on the matter of whether or not the founders pack should be re-released but that's a decision that only founders are entitled to reconsider.

This topic has come up time and time and time again and DE has given their answer time and time and time again that as far as they're concerned you're not going to get founders items. They are not for you and neither are any false equivalents you can imagine because you are not a founder.

When DE have firmly said no to this topic in every way, shape and form that they can think of, you have to acknowledge at some point that bringing it up again afterwards is nothing more than you acting like a spoiled child.

Drop it.