Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Regarding Complaints About Founder Packs, Cross-Platform And Account Migration. Read This!

Zelfarion

That's up to DE. But they've admitted that it's a sketchy loophole around the Founders exclusivity issue, and it's the topic of a now closed discussion.

Antoine seriously.. let's not derail this thread. DE still has the power and rights to whether the F*** they want, and pissing off Founders with something that doesn't even concern them ISN"T EVEN CLOSE to pissing off the PS4 players, which make up a much more substantial money and player base.

Anyway, to get back on point, with the account migration thing. I think they should really step this up, because it was back in DEVSTREAM 21 (YES 21 BACK IN JANUARY) that they said the "rainbow bridge" would be ready the next week (early February)... and here we are.

Migration should move anything AND everything purchased and unlocked from PC to PS4, and for primes not released yet, just send them over to the PS4 accoutn when they aare ready on Ps4. Simple. Doesn't make sense to erase all plat and cosmetics when you copy ur acc from PC to PS4.

Also, cross-platform is definitely something they should be working on right now. Especially with XBone getting WF.

Antoine seriously.. let's not derail this thread. DE still has the power and rights to whether the F*** they want, and &!$$ing off Founders with something that doesn't even concern them ISN"T EVEN CLOSE to &!$$ing off the PS4 players, which make up a much more substantial money and player base.

Anyway, to get back on point, with the account migration thing. I think they should really step this up, because it was back in DEVSTREAM 21 (YES 21 BACK IN JANUARY) that they said the "rainbow bridge" would be ready the next week (early February)... and here we are.

Migration should move anything AND everything purchased and unlocked from PC to PS4, and for primes not released yet, just send them over to the PS4 accoutn when they aare ready on Ps4. Simple. Doesn't make sense to erase all plat and cosmetics when you copy ur acc from PC to PS4.

Also, cross-platform is definitely something they should be working on right now. Especially with XBone getting WF.

Derail the thread? Who's the one who brought up dual variants when that topic has been closed? It wasn't me. As well, as I've said, DE's decisions shouldn't be decided on who they do or do not piss off.

As for what should be migrated, it's my opinion that anything and everything in a PC player's account, including Founders gear, should be transferred over to PS4. Simple. Should DE be bound by this just because it wouldn't be an extra hassle to do? No. It's ultimately up to them.

Derail the thread? Who's the one who brought up dual variants when that topic has been closed? It wasn't me. As well, as I've said, DE's decisions shouldn't be decided on who they do or do not &!$$ off.

As for what should be migrated, it's my opinion that anything and everything in a PC player's account, including Founders gear, should be transferred over to PS4. Simple. Should DE be bound by this just because it wouldn't be an extra hassle to do? No. It's ultimately up to them.

I brought it up as evidence.  The fact that you are incapable of seeing the similarities between the two discussions and the arguments used is strange to say the least.

Edited by Aggh

Derail the thread? Who's the one who brought up dual variants when that topic has been closed? It wasn't me. As well, as I've said, DE's decisions shouldn't be decided on who they do or do not &!$$ off.

My mistake, but the issue hasn't been closed. There is a valid argument in having dual variants of the FOunders gear. Otherwise, if he was using that as an example for his argument, then you shouldnt attack it, because then you two derail the thread as what happened.

Anyway, if DE doesnt migrate everything in our player profiles, imagine how much that would pis off everyone. Not just the people with Founders and cosmetics but everyone. Sure they can do as they please, but should always take into account how the players will react to their actions.

No, you brought it up to make a faulty argument.

Would you like me to link you to examples of you and others refuting the same exact arguments you're making in this thread?

Other people are somehow able to make the connection, why can't you?

My mistake, but the issue hasn't been closed. There is a valid argument in having dual variants of the FOunders gear. Otherwise, if he was using that as an example for his argument, then you shouldnt attack it, because then you two derail the thread as what happened.

Anyway, if DE doesnt migrate everything in our player profiles, imagine how much that would pis off everyone. Not just the people with Founders and cosmetics but everyone. Sure they can do as they please, but should always take into account how the players will react to their actions.

He's just not able to see the difference between a topic of discussion and evidence used to back up an argument that is a part of a discussion.

Edited by Aggh

Sony. Sony. Sony. Sony. 

That's one 'Sony' for each of the points you made. You think DE doesn't want to do all those things? They said they want to, but Sony has been filibustering all those issues ever since. 

1.) DE has had account migration ready to go in-shop for months, but Sony up until recently has said No. De has said that account migration will hopefully be ready during or shortly after U14.

2.) DE would probably love for people to be able to transfer everything from their PC accounts to PS4 accounts, but Sony said no. Why? Because Sony gets a cut of every platinum sale made through PS4. If they let people transfer things like platinum over, they would be throwing away possibile revenue. Sony isn't dumb when it comes to how to squeeze out every extra dollar they can - they're a 18 billion dollar corporation for Pete's sake.

3.) Crossplay was debunked long ago. It was deemed a too lofty and ambitious goal for both Sony and DE. The fact that account migration is happening at all is a miracle in and of itself.  

Again, that's offtopic. So why bring it up here? Anyway, I see no reason why Founders stuff shouldn't be transferrable. I think that Founders stuff is as much a part of a PC player's account as everything else in his/her account. If PC players can transfer their accounts to PS4, then they should truly be able to do that. But if DE wants to come out and say that Founders was PC-exclusive, and therefore won't be transferrable, then I guess any Founder who wants to transfer will just have to accept that they will permanently lose their Founders stuff if they transfer.

It's just my opinion that if you can't transfer everything in your account (and again, I shouldn't have to explain that this includes Founders gear), then it's not a complete transfer. Transferring from PC to PS4 should mean that you're able to transfer every item from your PC account to a PS4 account.

Aggh, there's no point discussing anything with you. You have no legitimate reason why DE should release dual versions (instead of new weapons) nor a reason why Founders items shouldn't be transferrable. It might as well be that you want the weapons you don't have. You can't get those weapons, so you at least want a new weapon that looks like the thing you can't get. And if you can't get it, then you want to try to do as much as you can to make sure others don't get it on PS4. That's the least you can do.

Edited by AntoineFlemming

Again, that's offtopic. So why bring it up here? Anyway, I see no reason why Founders stuff shouldn't be transferrable. I think that Founders stuff is as much a part of a PC player's account as everything else in his/her account. If PC players can transfer their accounts to PS4, then they should truly be able to do that. But if DE wants to come out and say that Founders was PC-exclusive, and therefore won't be transferrable, then I guess any Founder who wants to transfer will just have to accept that they will permanently lose their Founders stuff if they transfer.

It's just my opinion that if you can't transfer everything in your account (and again, I shouldn't have to explain that this includes Founders gear), then it's not a complete transfer. Transferring from PC to PS4 should mean that you're able to transfer every item from your PC account to a PS4 account.

It's not off topic.  I'm drawing a parallel to the two discussions to illustrate the flaw in your argument.  It's really not a hard concept to follow.

If you don't like it, try and actually refute it instead of running away with your thumbs stuck in your ears.

Edited by Aggh

It's not off topic.  I'm drawing a parallel to the two discussions to illustrate the flaw in your argument.  It's really not a hard concept to follow.

If you don't like it, try and actually refute it instead of running away with your thumbs stuck in your ears.

It's really no point discussing with you. You will jump at the chance to try to skew another's statements to support your own. At the end of the day, it's up to DE, not Founders, not non-Founders. Unlike what you've said, the only reason DE hasn't released dual variants is because they've chosen not to. Founders' sentiments can't keep DE from doing something. Veterans' sentiments can't keep DE from doing something that they want. If we see dual variants released in the future, it's because DE has chosen to do so, not because you wanted it done. If they choose to never release them, it's because they don't want to, not because Founders don't wan them to. That's what I'm saying. It's been settled that DE is legally able to release dual variants. You're saying that DE should release them because you want it done. You assume that it is a given that they would release them if Founders weren't mad because you assume that your wanting these items is enough to make DE release them. That argument has nothing to do with what I'm saying about PC>PS4 transfer. I'm saying that the only reason Founders stuff should be transferred is because a true account transfer means transferring the account AS IS. That'd include everything in the PC account, including Founder stuff, because it's in the account. And I'm saying that people being upset shouldn't factor in either decision, dual variants or full account transfer.

-snip-

ultimately i disagree. Founders spent upwards of 250$ for the items they received and not letting them transfer these items and deleting them from their account is an abrupt and brutal way to tell them "your ehfed cause the players didnt like your exclusives and you wanted to play on your brand spankin new console with your friends who dont play computer games" this opens up an entire realm of legal remifications and player/user hate.

instead locking accounts that have these founder items from transfering is the safer route. 

IMO however it is not unfair to transfer these items to new consoles since some people like me have played for over a year, gamed over 1500 hours  and spent over 500$. compared to a newer player who maybe bought prime access perks and has about 200 hours in a few months, its no wonder that i will have more stuff available on my account, as is the same in every single game you will ever play. 

you dont see catering to new PC gamers so you should not catering to any player group.

ultimately i disagree. Founders spent upwards of 250$ for the items they received and not letting them transfer these items and deleting them from their account is an abrupt and brutal way to tell them "your ehfed cause the players didnt like your exclusives and you wanted to play on your brand spankin new console with your friends who dont play computer games" this opens up an entire realm of legal remifications and player/user hate.

instead locking accounts that have these founder items from transfering is the safer route. 

IMO however it is not unfair to transfer these items to new consoles since some people like me have played for over a year, gamed over 1500 hours  and spent over 500$. compared to a newer player who maybe bought prime access perks and has about 200 hours in a few months, its no wonder that i will have more stuff available on my account, as is the same in every single game you will ever play. 

you dont see catering to new PC gamers so you should not catering to any player group.

To be fair

The 200 hour prime access people make the majority of the $ in this situation and are getting no empathy for it

There are also people who have played for a year or near it and didnt buy the excalibro pack but still spent money on the game

Not everyone is just a new player that doesnt respect founders

There are many oldies in there too that the founders conveniently forget

It's really no point discussing with you. You will jump at the chance to try to skew another's statements to support your own. At the end of the day, it's up to DE, not Founders, not non-Founders. Unlike what you've said, the only reason DE hasn't released dual variants is because they've chosen not to. Founders' sentiments can't keep DE from doing something. Veterans' sentiments can't keep DE from doing something that they want. If we see dual variants released in the future, it's because DE has chosen to do so, not because you wanted it done. If they choose to never release them, it's because they don't want to, not because Founders don't wan them to. That's what I'm saying. It's been settled that DE is legally able to release dual variants. You're saying that DE should release them because you want it done. You assume that it is a given that they would release them if Founders weren't mad because you assume that your wanting these items is enough to make DE release them. That argument has nothing to do with what I'm saying about PC>PS4 transfer. I'm saying that the only reason Founders stuff should be transferred is because a true account transfer means transferring the account AS IS. That'd include everything in the PC account, including Founder stuff, because it's in the account. And I'm saying that people being upset shouldn't factor in either decision, dual variants or full account transfer.

You don't seriously think that DE would post acknowledging that some people would look dual variants as a sneakiy loophole because it hasn't influenced their internal discussions of the issue you do you?  You can go ahead and ignore the obvious, but that's your perogative and doesn't change reality.

I've never said DE should release them.  I've said that they should be able to release them regardless of what founders think.

It has everything to do with this.  If one group's anger over another issue can influence the decision making process (and let's not pretend that's not the case) then there's no reason that another, larger group's discontent over a very similar issue shouldn't either.  And you're only saying that in this thread.  When I told you these same things in the dual variants threads you and other founders continued to walk out silly arguments like saying that founders should get compensation in the form of a refund to make up for the possible offense of releasing dual variants.

You do realize that the account migration isn't a transfer right?  It's a copy paste of your PC account to your PS4 account.  Founders items wouldn't get deleted, they just wouldn't be able to copy them over to their ps4 account.  It's more than reasonable since founders items have never been on the ps4 and there's little reason to transfer them.  It'd essentially just be sticking it in PS4 players face even more that they can't get any of the PC exclusives.

Additionally, the account migration is a free service so it's not like founders are really losing out on anything.  It's actually quite rare for different versions of a game to offer this option.  Sometimes you might see an option to transfer your account to another service (example: when a regional publisher of a f2p game opens a service for a game that has already had an international version running) , but many don't even offer that option. 

They're already going out of their way to do something pretty out of the ordinary, it's pretty reasonable that they might not want to antagonize their existing player base by letting a small portion of the player base (who likely won't even spend much money) to have items that have never been available on Sony's platform.

Another interesting thought: when it was suggested that the PS4 get an exclusive PS4 excalibur, many PC players objected on the grounds that it would provide a mastery advantage (despite the fact that they're on separate platforms that will most likely never have cross platform play).  Transferring founder's exclusives would create the same situation, only it'd do it between players on the same platform.

Founders also got heavily discounted plat for that same payment; founders packs were the cheapest way to buy plat at the time.  Founders weren't making some great sacrifice to pay for exclusives.  They weren't making some great sacrifice to support the game, they very much got their money's worth.

But then it isn't a full migration then. I wish DE would just take the time to make some of this clear. Also, from my understanding, since it's a "migration", those PC accounts would be converted to PS4 accounts, and that this is a one-time thing (so, no going back). Am I mistaken on that? Because if so, then Founders would lose items that they paid for. If not, and they get to keep separate PC accounts, only then can I understand the Founders stuff not migrating.

-snip-

your saying they wont delete your pc account? then you will have to rename one cause you cant have duplicates. i havent seen anything to affirm this, however it does seem like a fair solution

i know this is an unusual service and i am impressed with DE's commitment to their players and offering services like this.

DE has already announced that they do not want to give any new console/pc exclusives that could provide gameplay difference between platforms. they have already shown their regret for putting the primes in the package but also admitted they cant do anything about the foudner package legally without providing full refunds (as said in dev streams).

its better to go ahead and snip an exlusives war in the bud before it begins.  

and plat discounts are available to everyone that doesnt matter.

(why is the +1 so close to the quote button ;-; )

Edited by FalsePride

Seriously, Aggh. The only way I can see Founders stuff not migrating is if PC players will keep their PC accounts. If they will lose their PC accounts, then I cannot see DE withholding Founders stuff. It's stuff those players paid for. Migration shouldn't take those items away. If they can keep their PC accounts, then those items won't be taken away. This would probably be the best scenario, to copy all of their non-Founders stuff (excluding other non-PS4 items) to the PS4 while letting them keep their PC account that has all their stuff, including their Founders stuff. In that scenario, it makes perfect sense to not migrate the Founders stuff over.

your saying they wont delete your pc account? then you will have to rename one cause you cant have duplicates. i havent seen anything to affirm this, however it does seem like a fair solution

Account migration works like this:

Account A (PC)

Transfer: Account A to PS4

Account B is generated on the PS4 - identical to account A

User name for account A: (PC)Bobby_1

User name for account B: (PS4)Bobby_1

Both A and B then exist simultaneously and independently of each other. What you do one account A after the transfer will not be carried over onto account B, and vice versa. They are not connected in any way.

Seriously, Aggh. The only way I can see Founders stuff not migrating is if PC players will keep their PC accounts. If they will lose their PC accounts, then I cannot see DE withholding Founders stuff. It's stuff those players paid for. Migration shouldn't take those items away. If they can keep their PC accounts, then those items won't be taken away. This would probably be the best scenario, to copy all of their non-Founders stuff (excluding other non-PS4 items) to the PS4 while letting them keep their PC account that has all their stuff, including their Founders stuff. In that scenario, it makes perfect sense to not migrate the Founders stuff over.

So basically you've gotten in this discussion without even knowing the basics of the topic at hand.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/130116-information-and-faq-pc-to-ps4™-account-migration/

Edited by Aggh

so (PS4) FalsePride, (PC) FalsePride, and (Xbx1) FalsePride can all exist?

gah that would be confusing in the database...

Have yet to see any confirmation on PC to xbox one account migration.  I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for those negotiations to end if I were you.

Have yet to see any confirmation on PC to xbox one account migration.  I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for those negotiations to end if I were you.

meh ide hate to have everythign when starting on the xbox, ill never migrate myself.

so (PS4) FalsePride, (PC) FalsePride, and (Xbx1) FalsePride can all exist?

gah that would be confusing in the database...

I never said it was a logical system. :P

Also even though it's slightly unrelated I should also note that if you were to create an account that had the same credentials through PSN as you did on your PC account, and then migrate your PC account, your PC account would overwrite your existing PSN account.

So basically you've gotten in this discussion without even knowing the basics of the topic at hand.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/130116-information-and-faq-pc-to-ps4™-account-migration/

Ok. From my understanding, it's just a copy-paste of data. Meaning you'll keep your PC stuff. In that case, it absolutely makes sense for the Founders stuff to not copy over. There we go. Simple as that. Thank you for the link.