Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Regarding Complaints About Founder Packs, Cross-Platform And Account Migration. Read This!

Zelfarion

PS4 players have every right to be &!$$ed off about content that was never available on their platform being put on their platform.  And considering how small a population that active founders that have a ps4 would make it's not really worth it at all to DE to transfer them to PS4. 

Appeasing a tiny population of players despite the objections of a staggering amount of the player base is a really bad business plan; tough ******* for you bro :|

The people who are opposed to transferrable Founders items are essentially saying "If I can't have it, I don't want to see anyone who does." which is rather juvenile, but at the end of the day, I can somewhat understand though I obviously am not in agreement.

Are people gonna stop playing if I were to get my excalibur prime on PS4? Maybe a few, but even then I doubt it.

I'm not going to try and convert your view on the subject, but I'm also not going to concede either. I have my reasons for wanting this, they are legitimate reasons. I get that other people don't want the conversion to happen. Much like all arguments, there are two opposing sides, neither necessarily right or wrong (especially in this case).

The people who are opposed to transferrable Founders items are essentially saying "If I can't have it, I don't want to see anyone who does." which is rather juvenile, but at the end of the day, I can somewhat understand though I obviously am not in agreement.

Are people gonna stop playing if I were to get my excalibur prime on PS4? Maybe a few, but even then I doubt it.

I'm not going to try and convert your view on the subject, but I'm also not going to concede either. I have my reasons for wanting this, they are legitimate reasons. I get that other people don't want the conversion to happen. Much like all arguments, there are two opposing sides, neither necessarily right or wrong (especially in this case).

No, they're saying it was never available on this platform, therefore it should not be available on the platform.  It's a PC exclusive thus it will remain exclusive to PC.

Just gonna weigh in here, OP is entirely right on pretty much every topic.

However, I paid good money for the Founder's pack when it came out, and when the game came out on PS4 I stopped playing on PC almost entirely. I didn't have a PC that could even compare to how smoothly the PS4 runs so that was my preferred option to play Warframe, simple. Now, for whatever reason, I can't even open Warframe on my PC, it just fails to execute and I've gone about trying to fix this in many different ways all to no avail. So my question to you, do I have the right to be mad at DE for not allowing Founders items to be transferred to PS4 since I've paid for it and cannot use it on PC? I feel like I do, but maybe I'm mistaken. I wanted to show everyone how much I supported this game in its early stages, hence I bought the pack. But now I can't even use it and I've heard from multiple sources that the items will be non transferrable, much to my vehement chagrin.

And no, under no circumstances should founder's items be tradeable. If you're not a founder, you shouldn't be able to pretend you're one. Period.

its not DEs fault your pc isnt working.

No, they're saying it was never available on this platform, therefore it should not be available on the platform. It's a PC exclusive thus it will remain exclusive to PC.

I think people are looking at founder items the wrong way in terms of who they are exclusive to.

Founders items are founders exclusive, not PC exclusive. YES, you must have a PC account to have these items, but just as well playing on PC does not grant you these items in itself.

People are overlooking that PC Tenno that joined after the program ended in November are in the exact same boat as the PS4 Tenno, and they play in the same missions, the same events, as these founders. They can deal with it and have no qualms(except the occasional guy who posts a thread for it every other week). They can suck it up and I've seen PS4 players who say they'd do the same, why can't they?

It wasn't anybody's fault that PS4 Tenno didn't know of the game early enough to grab the pack up and wait for a transfer just as much as it was nobody's fault that somebody came late to the party PC side. Warframe on PC and PS4 (despite what some might claim) are the same game and the same product. People shouldn't be insulted when they see somebody else with something they can't have. As somebody else said, it's juvenile.

This isn't a matter of PC vs PS4. If anything, it is a matter of Founders vs Non-founders.

Edited by Ionus

I think people are looking at founder items the wrong way in terms of who they are exclusive to.

Founders items are founders exclusive, not PC exclusive. YES, you must have a PC account to have these items, but just as well playing on PC does not grant you these items in itself.

People are overlooking that PC Tenno that joined after the program ended in November are in the exact same boat as the PS4 Tenno, and they play in the same missions, the same events, as these founders. They can deal with it and have no qualms(except the occasional guy who posts a thread for it every other week). They can suck it up and I've seen PS4 players who say they'd do the same, why can't they?

It wasn't anybody's fault that PS4 Tenno didn't know of the game early enough to grab the pack up and wait for a transfer just as much as it was nobody's fault that somebody came late to the party PC side. Warframe on PC and PS4 (despite what some might claim) are the same game and the same product. People shouldn't be insulted when they see somebody else with something they can't have. As somebody else said, it's juvenile.

This isn't a matter of PC vs PS4. If anything, it is a matter of Founders vs Non-founders.

It was purchased on the PC platform.  The purchase systems between PS4 and PC are entirely separate and the package was never available on PS4, so actually, yes, it is a PC exclusive.

Edited by Aggh

Bet if more founders were on PS4 this would hardly be a discussion. The reason my purchase has basically been invalidated is that people don't think it's fair that they can't have the same items. It's not PC exclusive by the terms you're using, it's a package that was made available for purchase on the only platform the game was available for at the time. Had I had even the faintest inkling that when I bought the pack it would be locked to a platform I would no longer use, I'd have saved myself the money as would anyone else in the same position. I guarantee that if the game had come out at the same time on pc and ps4 that both would have had the option to become founders. It has nothing to do with console exclusivity (such as rubedo skin, or the phased syandana) and everything to do with the timing of the pack's release.

Here's where DE is at fault in my eyes. Before you purchased the pack there should have been some notification saying that it was a PC exclusive item thus exempting them from any backlash when the game inevitably came out on other consoles. Had this been stated clearly, I'd have known that this was not the pack for me. I'm not much of a PC gamer but I liked the game and I knew it was coming out for ps4 so I figured that my account could be transferred. Thus, I bought it. You can spout "buyer's remorse" all day but I had every reason to believe that I'd be able to get these items on PS4. DE should have been more clear about these restrictions given the knowledge they were execting to expand their console base.

Edited by Kestral9999

It was purchased on the PC platform.  The purchase systems between PS4 and PC are entirely separate and the package was never available on PS4, so actually, yes, it is a PC exclusive.

And considering Excalibur prime has been removed from the PS4 codex is probably a subtle indicator that he isn't going to exist on the PS4. If you want Excalibur prime on ps4 founders needs to be made available to ps4 players.

However I do think they should just make a variant for each system with its own founders equivalence.

Here's where DE is at fault in my eyes. Before you purchased the pack there should have been some notification saying that it was a PC exclusive item thus exempting them from any backlash when the game inevitably came out on other consoles. Had this been stated clearly, I'd have known that this was not the pack for me. I'm not much of a PC gamer but I liked the game and I knew it was coming out for ps4 so I figured that my account could be transferred. Thus, I bought it. You can spout "buyer's remorse" all day but I had every reason to believe that I'd be able to get these items on PS4. DE should have been more clear about these restrictions given the knowledge they were expeWhy do people insist on using numbers in placement of correctly spelled words? Or just letters instead of words. The only two single letter words are I and A, quit butchering english.

Back to the topic at hand. While I'm sure that straight people are welcome to this convention, I'm fairly certain homophones aren't so you narrow minded prices out there shouldn't even be worried about this.cting to expand their console base.

There were no plans for console development at the time so there was no need.  As it stands though, under their publishing agreement with PS4 the purchase systems are completely separate.  It's only natural that items bought on a seperate platform that are not available on Sony's platform would not be transferred.

No, they're saying it was never available on this platform, therefore it should not be available on the platform.  It's a PC exclusive thus it will remain exclusive to PC.

it doesnt matter if it was never available on the PS4 platform. founders is exclusive to those who bought the foudners pack, not those who SPECIFICALLY played on the PC. Yes, founders just happened to be available on the PC before the PS4 port was released, but this fact alone does not change its deffinition it is only a coincidence. 

Warframe on PC and PS4 are both the same game therefore they should not be considered different in terms of WHO is allowed access to what they have bought for the game itself.

a platform is a platform and not a sepereate game entirely, im sorry that some people feel cheated but life is life, they arent your parents and we arent your siblings dont try to always get your way by saying "big bro got that before i was born".

(honestly ive been shocked every time this topic got revived.)

it doesnt matter if it was never available on the PS4 platform. founders is exclusive to those who bought the foudners pack, not those who SPECIFICALLY played on the PC. Yes, founders just happened to be available on the PC before the PS4 port was released, but this fact alone does not change its deffinition it is only a coincidence. 

Warframe on PC and PS4 are both the same game therefore they should not be considered different in terms of WHO is allowed access to what they have bought for the game itself.

a platform is a platform and not a sepereate game entirely, im sorry that some people feel cheated but life is life, they arent your parents and we arent your siblings dont try to always get your way by saying "big bro got that before i was born".

I've been shocked by how few people support our similar view on the subject. I assure you all that I was careful when buying my founder's pack and nowhere did it say that it would be a PC exclusive item. If it had, I wouldn't have gotten it. Hate to say it but until they find a way to resolve this, don't be too surprised to hear founders and non founders butting heads.

Honestly I don't mind the founders being exclusive to pc, but if it is to come over to ps4 those of us on this platform should be given the opportunity to purchase it. If it was only ever available as a purchase on the PC that means it was exclusive to the PC. If it is made available on PS4 as well even if just for a short period of timed exclusivity then it would be a multiple platform timed exclusive. I do feel bad for those like the earlier commenter who can't play on pc anymore but bought it back in the day.

It was purchased on PC.  The purchase systems are completely separate because of the way the publishing deal with Sony works.  This transfer is a one time deal that DE and sony are offering as a favor and in an effort to expand the ps4 player population.  Them doing that doesn't suddenly change the rules on content purchases.

Edited by Aggh

Honestly I don't mind the founders being exclusive to pc, but if it is to come over to ps4 those of us on this platform should be given the opportunity to purchase it. If it was only ever available as a purchase on the PC that means it was exclusive to the PC. If it is made available on PS4 as well even if just for a short period of timed exclusivity then it would be a multiple platform timed exclusive. I do feel bad for those like the earlier commenter who can't play on pc anymore but bought it back in the day.

i agree it would be nice for ps4 players to purchase it however de themselves have said they didnt want to because prolonging the founders pack even longer was making it more or less not a "Founders" pack and that porting to a new console really means that they are not in need of a "founders" pack. and re opening it now after closing it is a very dangerous thing to do, for many reasons.

like i said earlier it just happens to seem pc exclusive. at the time of the packs release they had no idea they would be ported to the PS4. 

it was a pack bought by founders for founders (not all pc players). now just cause founders are only on the pc for now, is that making it "PC" exclusive? then if the founders can transfer to the PS4 that takes away the PC only description. The only reason it is considered pc exclusive right now is because founders cant transfer the entirety of their account.

It was purchased on PC.  The purchase systems are completely separate because of the way the publishing deal with Sony works.  This transfer is a one time deal that DE and sony are offering as a favor and in an effort to expand the ps4 player population.  Them doing that doesn't suddenly change the rules on content purchases.

your right, but that is true if the rules are what u describe them as, which is only opinionated and not from DE directly.

((edit: i have shared my opinions and i think this post is long past its point and topic so ill leave it to others))

Edited by FalsePride

i agree it would be nice for ps4 players to purchase it however de themselves have said they didnt want to because prolonging the founders pack even longer was making it more or less not a "Founders" pack and that porting to a new console really means that they are not in need of a "founders" pack. and re opening it now after closing it is a very dangerous thing to do, for many reasons.

like i said earlier it just happens to seem pc exclusive. at the time of the packs release they had no idea they would be ported to the PS4. 

it was a pack bought by founders for founders (not all pc players). now just cause founders are only on the pc for now, is that making it "PC" exclusive? then if the founders can transfer to the PS4 that takes away the PC only description. The only reason it is considered pc exclusive right now is because founders cant transfer the entirety of their account.

your right, but that is true if the rules are what u describe them as, which is only opinionated and not from DE directly.

((edit: i have shared my opinions and i think this post is long past its point and topic so ill leave it to others))

Point me to where you can buy PS4 plat on DE's website.  All ps4 plat and access pack purchases are made on PSN for a reason.

Thanks for not regurgitating the whole "it's not DE'S fault you can't play the game" routine like I'm not already fully aware of that. And the only stipulation that I'd have with the founder's pack being available on PS4 is that it would have to be the same price as the original pack(s). Also they would be using the term Founder pretty loosely by this point but if they were to release this at the same time on XB1 and PS4 (shortly after warframe was made available on XB1) I'd be amenable to it.

That being said I'd like it if they'd throw original founders a bone with some kind of special cosmetic item (like an emblem or something) but I doubt they would even if they did make it available again.

Point me to where you can buy PS4 plat on DE's website.  All ps4 plat and access pack purchases are made on PSN for a reason.

You seem really hung up on this whole separate marketplace system thing so let me clarify something. This doesn't involve the purchase of a new item, or an old one. It involves the transfer of items, the marketplace is completely uninvolved in that process. Quit tossing technicalities around like wrenches in a woodchipper.

replied with a post

You seem really hung up on this whole separate marketplace system thing so let me clarify something. This doesn't involve the purchase of a new item, or an old one. It involves the transfer of items, the marketplace is completely uninvolved in that process. Quit tossing technicalities around like wrenches in a woodchipper.

Transfers of items are still subject to the restrictions of the separation of purchase systems and agreements between DE and Sony.  Or are you going to try and tell me that Sony of all companies doesn't care about exclusives?  If they can't make money off it, why on earth would they want it on their platform?  You can bet your ****** this came up in the negotiations with Sony over the account migration process.  It's your prerogative to be as naive about this as you like.  You're still utterly and completely wrong.

Edited by Aggh

Well, it feels like some people just missed not only previous console generation but also generation before that. I'll explain. If that so called "founders" pack - which was extended to the point where it had nothing to do with founding of any sort - was offered on PS4 either on PS4 store or even before PS4 release on Sony web storefront this would not have been an issue. But since they somewhat goofed it and decided to never make it fair for PS4 players, well they permanently buried cross-play and transfer of these items.

Game is coming out on Xbone too. So if they decided to keep that DLC PC exclusive eventually they'll have to alter the lore around it. As in remove Excalibur from starter frames (maybe replace him with Volt or Oberon), change codex entry, change mod art etc., etc. As much as I would love to see Kratos in actual story mode of Mortal Kombat 10 I knew we'll have to settle for arcade mode only because it's a multiplatform game and you can't expect devs to actually ruin all other versions of the game making them obviously missing crucial parts of content.

These devs behavior is silly and shocking. Essentially expect them either to re-release founders items or write them out of the game - making another warframe and not Excalibur the first prime, changing vault statues, mod art etc. But boy they are taking their time. Also, I take it you don't read about Microsoft requirements for certification. Warframe on Xbox one MUST have either founders pack exclusives released or an equivalent exclusive, as in a frame and 2 weapons exclusive to xbone. And if you don't do that, well, your game is not gonna be certified and released. Ever. What you say? They gonna cancel xbone version then? Ok.

There's a reason I stick to Sony platforms. It's a closed, curated platform. Sony takes flat 30% of any purchase, including prime access. We pay more. And that comes with certain guarantees. For example if I get PS4 day 1 and buy all the bling in any given game at no point ever anyone in said game will have anything I don't. Unless I choose to not buy item in question from PS store. Money spent at Sony, well spent. Yes, it's polishing your own ego. Why else would you pay the price of multiple prime accesses?

What I am thinking though - once xbone version release is close they will be forced to do what I described (or cancel xbone version). I hope they at least release a set of exclusive primes on PS4 as well. Unless they will finally release founders pack on consoles, but so far I've been assured that they'd rather butcher their game, cut their profits and cancel xbone release rather than do so. If so, well, GG, GG.

I'll go and forma tigris again. 6 is the magic number.

P.S. To people complaining - dear god read ToS! You can only buy digital content for Sony systems via official SEN storefront. Anything bought on some developers website is as good as stolen keys bought from hacker. Even if you don't read ToS, simple logic - of course Sony will allow you to get one up on their more loyal customers and let you transfer and show off items that were never offered on their own store! How about no?

Transfers of items are still subject to the restrictions of the separation of purchase systems and agreements between DE and Sony.  Or are you going to try and tell me that Sony of all companies doesn't care about exclusives?

show me the official restriction of transferable and marketplace items.