Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Regarding Complaints About Founder Packs, Cross-Platform And Account Migration. Read This!

Zelfarion

i agree it would be nice for ps4 players to purchase it however de themselves have said they didnt want to because prolonging the founders pack even longer was making it more or less not a "Founders" pack and that porting to a new console really means that they are not in need of a "founders" pack. and re opening it now after closing it is a very dangerous thing to do, for many reasons.

like i said earlier it just happens to seem pc exclusive. at the time of the packs release they had no idea they would be ported to the PS4. 

it was a pack bought by founders for founders (not all pc players). now just cause founders are only on the pc for now, is that making it "PC" exclusive? then if the founders can transfer to the PS4 that takes away the PC only description. The only reason it is considered pc exclusive right now is because founders cant transfer the entirety of their account.

your right, but that is true if the rules are what u describe them as, which is only opinionated and not from DE directly.

((edit: i have shared my opinions and i think this post is long past its point and topic so ill leave it to others))

I am sure they probably deeply regret ever using the word exclusive by now. You just got consider that a lot of people like myself don't care about Ex primes exclusivity because no one we ever play with has one. It was never made available to any ps4 players. If we suddenly have ps4 players with it the indifference will turn to irritation pretty fast.

Show me how they're transferring PC plat to PS4.  Oh wait.

your attempt to avoid providing proof by replying with a sarcastic post is quite aggravating.

you cant blame DE for something Sony wanted to apply. which i guess is really the main problem here.

I am sure they probably deeply regret ever using the word exclusive by now. You just got consider that a lot of people like myself don't care about Ex primes exclusivity because no one we ever play with has one. It was never made available to any ps4 players. If we suddenly have ps4 players with it the indifference will turn to irritation pretty fast.

they do regret it, they regret alot of things.  but it seems like some are wanting to exclude the people who spent money on an item in the same game as you, whether your on a different system or not doesnt matter. like you they are players, like you they've spent a lot of time playing the game, like you they like the game. Unlike you theyve spent up to 250$ atleast for the items they have. and you dont want them to be able to play with the items they have in the game cause they want to play on a system your playing, that has sadly not been allowed access to it?

Edited by FalsePride

show me the official restriction of transferable and marketplace items.

Go google it ©.

Seriously though, they are making an exception. Normally you can't transfer anything not acquired via SEN store. And hell, normally you can't release a game on playstation that was out on a different platform without adding substantial exclusive content.

Essentially Sony made exception. They treat indie devs more... Liberally.

Basically what this all boils down to is that DE screwed up by not making a founders pack available for PS4 and instead of righting it like they promised (even personal assurances were made to me on the subject via the support desk) they're saying that they will go to great lengths to rewrite the lore and codex and mods of the game so as to avoid irritating some ps4 players.

As a founder this displeased me greatly. So much so, I've considered putting the game down permanently on multiple occaisions. I've bought every prime access (for the exclusive items, not to avoid part farming) and plenty of supplemental platinum on top of that. I feel as though it would be a really bad business plan to potentially lose players like myself due to their lax scrutiny over console exclusivity.

Compare that to someone who is irritated by the presence of a Prime Warframe that they can't obtain because they weren't on PC at the time it was released. Most of whom probably spend as little as possible on the game thus not contributing much at all to the developer.

If Sony really wants to make their money, they can implement a simple one time account transfer fee for 10 bucks and I assure you, most founders on PS4 would likely pay it. I certainly would.

As a founder I am LOLOLOLOLing at entitled founders :|

way to snip apart arguments in favor of judgemental attitudes just because the changes suggested don't affect you. Seriously, you arent even involved here and are instead standing as an obstacle of other people's satisfaction, seemingly just because you can. Respond to the parts that matter if you're going to respond at all.

go to a returaunt, buy a meal. watch someone throw it on the ground. would you not get angry? you are entitled to because you have spent money on that product. thus is what entitlement is, if we felt entitled to something we had no right to then, your comment would hold weight. try to keep comments on topic.

Edited by FalsePride

way to snip apart arguments in favor of judgemental attitudes just because the changes suggested don't affect you. Seriously, you arent even involved here and are instead standing as an obstacle of other people's satisfaction, seemingly just because you can. Respond to the parts that matter if you're going to respond at all.

I'll be transferring my account to PS4 too.  I just happen to know that I'm not entitled to having my founders stuff on ps4 :|

your attempt to avoid providing proof by replying with a sarcastic post is quite aggravating.

you cant blame DE for something Sony wanted to apply. which i guess is really the main problem here.

they do regret it, they regret alot of things.  but it seems like some are wanting to exclude the people who spent money on an item in the same game as you, whether your on a different system or not doesnt matter. like you they are players, like you they've spent a lot of time playing the game, like you they like the game. Unlike you theyve spent up to 250$ atleast for the items they have. and you dont want them to be able to play with the items they have in the game cause they want to play on a system your playing, that has sadly not been allowed access to it?

I've spent twice as much. Kinda funny considering PS4 price. More importantly 30% of that money went into Sony pocket. Pocket of system owner who curates the system. And cares about my satisfaction. So that people like me keep spending money where 30% cut goes to Sony. You paid nothing when PS4 version was buggy mess dropping to 1 FPS. You played a normal version on PC, then once they finally fixed the PS4 version to a degree you expect to come and have one up on everyone who supported Sony and made them not kick the game out of store for not making money worth server space (like it was done with games like Punisher: No Mercy). Go google Hearthstone Defias Ring Leader. He has your answer.

I'm having a blast too. For once a PC founder and a PS4 player enjoy something together.

As I said before it's amusing that rather than release founders pack on consoles too like sane publishers do they'd rather butcher their game, ruin any chance of cross-play and cancel xbone version - as I explained above. Well, good luck. Someone needs to serve as an example.

I'm kinda excited at the possible change.

go to a returaunt, buy a meal. watch someone throw it on the ground. would you not get angry? you are entitled to because you have spent money on that product. thus is what entitlement is, if we felt entitled to something we had no right to then, your comment would hold weight. try to keep comments on topic.

My thoughts exactly.

Basically what this all boils down to is that DE screwed up by not making a founders pack available for PS4 and instead of righting it like they promised (even personal assurances were made to me on the subject via the support desk) they're saying that they will go to great lengths to rewrite the lore and codex and mods of the game so as to avoid irritating some ps4 players.

As a founder this displeased me greatly. So much so, I've considered putting the game down permanently on multiple occaisions. I've bought every prime access (for the exclusive items, not to avoid part farming) and plenty of supplemental platinum on top of that. I feel as though it would be a really bad business plan to potentially lose players like myself due to their lax scrutiny over console exclusivity.

Compare that to someone who is irritated by the presence of a Prime Warframe that they can't obtain because they weren't on PC at the time it was released. Most of whom probably spend as little as possible on the game thus not contributing much at all to the developer.

If Sony really wants to make their money, they can implement a simple one time account transfer fee for 10 bucks and I assure you, most founders on PS4 would likely pay it. I certainly would.

Not some, a lot would be annoyed. And this has being an amazingly civil discourse for one of these discussions and I don't know if your apparent inference that we psn players are all F2p freeloaders and aren't contributing to DEs bottom line was intentional or not but it's kinda offensive.

That being said get the founders together go to DE and tell them to reopen the founders packs to psn players for a few months, or as I said before suggest they offer a similar "wayfarer pack" that gives us a ps4 variant Obsidian Excalibur skana and Lato (hell just replace the gold with a bluish black crystal) and an "explorer pack" for X bone with Emerald Excalibur.

I've spent twice as much. Kinda funny considering PS4 price. More importantly 30% of that money went into Sony pocket. Pocket of system owner who curates the system. And cares about my satisfaction. So that people like me keep spending money where 30% cut goes to Sony. You paid nothing when PS4 version was buggy mess dropping to 1 FPS. You played a normal version on PC, then once they finally fixed the PS4 version to a degree you expect to come and have one up on everyone who supported Sony and made them not kick the game out of store for not making money worth server space (like it was done with games like Punisher: No Mercy). Go google Hearthstone Defias Ring Leader. He has your answer.

I'm having a blast too. For once a PC founder and a PS4 player enjoy something together.

As I said before it's amusing that rather than release founders pack on consoles too like sane publishers do they'd rather butcher their game, ruin any chance of cross-play and cancel xbone version - as I explained above. Well, good luck. Someone needs to serve as an example.

I'm kinda excited at the possible change.

Cross play was always a pipe dream tbh.  Unlike many other games DE has been very quick to release hot fixes and taking that away from PC players would not go over well at all.  So unless they can start getting fixes in without cert (they talked about fixing without touching the exe in a live stream so who knows) it'll never really be viable.

Edited by Aggh

The analogy would be you go to a restaurant, they charge you, serve you your order and then promise that another, unrelated restaurant in different part of town will serve you same dish next week for free. No recipies or written guarantees, just a sleazy waiter promising that. So you go to that other, unrelated restaurant next week and they tell you to get the hell out and that you are mad.

Then you go and complain. But who's that silly person who believed the sleazy waiter? Despite knowing that restaurants are completely unrelated.

Not to be snarky but wouldn't it be more like you bought a "limited time only" McRib made put of real meat in August and then a new McDonald's opens up down the street and they sale the same McRib at that new resteraunt in July.

The analogy would be you go to a restaurant, they charge you, serve you your order and then promise that another, unrelated restaurant in different part of town will serve you same dish next week for free. No recipies or written guarantees, just a sleazy waiter promising that. So you go to that other, unrelated restaurant next week and they tell you to get the hell out and that you are mad.

Then you go and complain. But who's that silly person who believed the sleazy waiter? Despite knowing that restaurants are completely unrelated.

Just curious, who is the sleazy waiter in this analogy?

Cross play was always a pipe dream tbh.  Unlike many other games DE has been very quick to release hot fixes and taking that away from PC players would not go over well at all.  So unless they can start getting fixes in without cert (they talked about fixing without touching the exe in a live stream so who knows) it'll never really be viable.

I think we will see cross play eventually just not in the near future. I'd say if we are lucky 1st 2nd quarter of next year

my anology was just to relate what entitlement is to a person and in definition. i had no intention to relate it to warframe and sony. 

Not to be snarky but wouldn't it be more like you bought a "limited time only" McRib made put of real meat in August and then a new McDonald's opens up down the street and they sale the same McRib at that new resteraunt in July.

lol, i like that one

Not some, a lot would be annoyed. And this has being an amazingly civil discourse for one of these discussions and I don't know if your apparent inference that we psn players are all F2p freeloaders and aren't contributing to DEs bottom line was intentional or not but it's kinda offensive.

That being said get the founders together go to DE and tell them to reopen the founders packs to psn players for a few months, or as I said before suggest they offer a similar "wayfarer pack" that gives us a ps4 variant Obsidian Excalibur skana and Lato (hell just replace the gold with a bluish black crystal) and an "explorer pack" for X bone with Emerald Excalibur.

That cerainly wasn't an inference I was attempting to make. I know plenty of people on PS4 have spent quite a bit of money on the game, but the only ones I've personally come into contact with on this subject in game have always been minimal spenders. It's just my personal experience. I realize there are valid reasons that they haven't allowed the founder's transfer but there are better ways to work around this than to simply omit everything pertaining to them. Hell, you've come up with better solutions already.

I think the simplest solution would be to do a 3 month run on a Unlock the Past pack. Has the founders gear in it but none of the other perks. No special emblems on forums, no design council or any of the other extra stuff that the founders got for founding. Just the most basic pack. Founders is still founders. Transfers aren't a problem. "I didn't get a chance to get that" threads die down. Everybody wins!

That cerainly wasn't an inference I was attempting to make. I know plenty of people on PS4 have spent quite a bit of money on the game, but the only ones I've personally come into contact with on this subject in game have always been minimal spenders. It's just my personal experience. I realize there are valid reasons that they haven't allowed the founder's transfer but there are better ways to work around this than to simply omit everything pertaining to them. Hell, you've come up with better solutions already.

Well glad you didn't intend it. :)

That would be an amalgamation of info surrounding founders pack on forums. Mostly forum promises by DE. Ok, call him a clueless waiter. I don't mean to be rude.

Exactly my point, DE were the ones pushing this misinformation with misguided promises of transfers including the founder's packs, now instead of making good on those assurances in the best way they can manage they're basically playing government cover up by getting rid of any mention of them on PS4 which is both counterintuitive and counterproductive.

I'm going to attempt to get a group of founders who play on ps4 to get a petition going (I'm aware that amounts to little in the end) but these are legitimate concerns and they need to be addressed properly, rather than the player base just saying "tough S#&$"

I think the simplest solution would be to do a 3 month run on a Unlock the Past pack. Has the founders gear in it but none of the other perks. No special emblems on forums, no design council or any of the other extra stuff that the founders got for founding. Just the most basic pack. Founders is still founders. Transfers aren't a problem. "I didn't get a chance to get that" threads die down. Everybody wins!

admittedly i do like that title, the problem with founders packs is they cant give out the items themselves again. tho they could give out skins that looks similar, since its a grey area.

I think we will see cross play eventually just not in the near future. I'd say if we are lucky 1st 2nd quarter of next year

We will never see it if founders pack items stay exclusive. Look at FF14 they had to re-release founders pack to make sure cross-play is possible. As I said, they butchered cross-play and made release on xbone impossible.

Like PS4 having a PS4 exclusive Excalibur Prime MK1 or something and if PC founder account transfer PC exclusive primes get replace with PS4 exclusive primes? That has been rejected already.

Problem is, founders primes are part of core game, unlike founders pack items in most games. They will have to butcher more than cross play because of that. My guess? Excalibur is NOT the first warframe. Not in the long run. And officially he never had a prime.

Rejected by developers. There was a long post by DERebecca. That post honestly was insulting to any players intelligence too.

Exactly my point, DE were the ones pushing this misinformation with misguided promises of transfers including the founder's packs, now instead of making good on those assurances in the best way they can manage they're basically playing government cover up by getting rid of any mention of them on PS4 which is both counterintuitive and counterproductive.

I'm going to attempt to get a group of founders who play on ps4 to get a petition going (I'm aware that amounts to little in the end) but these are legitimate concerns and they need to be addressed properly, rather than the player base just saying "tough S#&$"

The only way you get your stuff on PS4 is if they release founders primes as geomancer described and only after that allow account migration. They said this is not going to happen. As I said, they would rather butcher the game then change anything about founders pack.