Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Question About Weapon Dps

Desamos

Question

If you have a weapon with different stats like slash 25, impact 25, puncture 25, do you deal all 3 of those to a single enemy? Would I deal slash impact and puncture damage to a single moa with a total of 75 dps with mixed dps of slash puncture and impact? I hope it's clear what I'm asking, thanks for your time.

9 answers to this question

you would be doing the 75, however, the damage dealt would be slightly different as the result of strength/weaknesses of whatever your shooting.

like against a corpus crewman it would be 18.75 impact, 25 puncture, 31.25 slash, because of a resistance to impact and a weakness to slashing. that just so happens to still equal 75 but wont always be the case. 

you would be doing the 75, however, the damage dealt would be slightly different as the result of strength/weaknesses of whatever your shooting.

like against a corpus crewman it would be 18.75 impact, 25 puncture, 31.25 slash, because of a resistance to impact and a weakness to slashing. that just so happens to still equal 75 but wont always be the case.

Oh okay wow, I'm suprised I don't see many people using the sybaris then. I was able to mod to 188 impact, 188 puncture, 190 slash + ~600 corrosive with 50% crit and ~47% status chance.

Oh okay wow, I'm suprised I don't see many people using the sybaris then. I was able to mod to 188 impact, 188 puncture, 190 slash + ~600 corrosive with 50% crit and ~47% status chance.

Latron Prime and Burston Prime do it better.

Because having all damage types is worse than one/few specialized damage types against the enemy you are going to kill.

The void has all 3 factions tho

Weapons that specializes in one dmg is usually the better choice for that faction, while a weapon that has the dmg balance out will usually do less dmg against that faction.

Edited by Yazeth

The void has all 3 factions tho

Not in the way you're thinking. If you ignore the drones and crewmen which are squishy, and the Ancients which need to run into melee, everything is weak to puncture.

Weapons that specializes in one dmg is usually the better choice for that faction, while a weapon that has the dmg balance out will usually do less dmg against that faction.

When you say against that faction, I didn't say a specific factions. I said the void has all 3 factions.

Edit: you see all 3 enemies in one void mission.

Edited by Desamos