Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Help With Melee Channeling Build

RedPharaoh0817

Question

originally my weapon of choice for melee is always the crit attack speed type build. with berserker and the crit mods as my bread and butter

but now i want to try the channeling build. can you give me weapons and their builds very much great with channeling builds? i like to go melee most of the time so a build with very high damage per hit and energy efficient is what i am hoping for...

7 answers to this question

Get weapons that have a hig base damage so they can benefit more from the channeling multiplier. More hits per second is also better in most cases.

yeah but with more hits per second also mean more energy to be drained right? is there a build where if you have high attack speed you have great channeling efficiency or slow attack speed with inefficient channeling but great damage per hit?

Just remember to not overlook killing blow, it is such a great mod but now it is underestimated with the charge attacks gone O.o

i think they also changed the effects on killing blow. instead of charge damage they made it to channeling damage

Get weapons that have a hig base damage so they can benefit more from the channeling multiplier. More hits per second is also better in most cases.

Keep in mind that channeling damage is 50% extra on the end damage, so pretty much every weapon will benefit from it, even crit-based weapons. Usually, there's just not enough room on crit builds.

If you're looking for energy efficiency, then use Killing Blow and Focus Energy, but you'll be missing out on Corrupt Charge-- Focus Energy and Corrupt Charge balance each other nicely for neutral energy efficiency.

The Dragon Nikana is a good weapon to use with channeling, as is the Reaper Prime and Hate, in my opinion, though the latter two benefit greatly from Life Strike. All three do, actually. If you want efficiency, weapons that hit more powerfully a fewer number of times is better, though powerful and fast is best for pure damage output, for obvious reasons. It just consumes energy quickly because energy is consumed based on number of strikes that connect with enemies.

As a general rule, any weapon that isn't based on crit damage should use channeling mods. I'm not as much of an expert on crit builds, but from what I've seen, they just don't have the mod space past their essentials.

-snip-

i think they also changed the effects on killing blow. instead of charge damage they made it to channeling damage

Yep exactly why it is overlooked, some people think that now charge damage is gone it is useless, where as a matter of fact it provides 120% more damage during channeling which is great

Yep exactly why it is overlooked, some people think that now charge damage is gone it is useless, where as a matter of fact it provides 120% more damage during channeling which is great

It bumps the channel modifier from +50% to +110%, an increase of +120%, but only a damage increase of 40%. It also adds to the combo modifier instead of being multiplied by it, so it proportionally increases less and less as the counter goes up. By 2.0x it's equal to a Bane mod.

So its good, if you channel every attack, but by no means amazing.

'Channel Build' IMO uses Killing Blow and Reflex Coil, which means that you do a LOT less damage when not channeling. So be sure your frame/teammate setup allows you to channel EVERY attack, or you'd be better off avoiding a channel build.

It bumps the channel modifier from +50% to +110%, an increase of +120%, but only a damage increase of 40%. It also adds to the combo modifier instead of being multiplied by it, so it proportionally increases less and less as the counter goes up. By 2.0x it's equal to a Bane mod.

So its good, if you channel every attack, but by no means amazing.

'Channel Build' IMO uses Killing Blow and Reflex Coil, which means that you do a LOT less damage when not channeling. So be sure your frame/teammate setup allows you to channel EVERY attack, or you'd be better off avoiding a channel build.

Ohh, right. Well I feel cheated now. I guess it is still good with a Bane mod in addition should do lots of damage especially in a defense vs infested.