Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So, Arc Traps ...why?

AdunSaveMe

You answered your own question. They're there to annoy you. The fact that you're raging about them on the forums means they're doing their job.

This ain't raging. It's violent feedback. If it were raging, there'd be more caps and more bold/underscore.

You guys reckon they'll ever be removed or even changed? I can't see any reason otherwise, but it seems nobody up in DE land thinks there's a problem with them.

It's entirely possible that they have plans for them, of course; they're making the game, they have been for a while, they've probably considered a lot of things, like fixing dojo room decoration placement on uneven terrain, but if they have been looked into, it would be really nice to actually hear about these things.

I also get they can't be everywhere an respond to every post. But just a little bit of info? Are they staying? Are they going? Are they changing? Is nothing happening at all?

I dunno. It'd be nice to know instead of waiting an unknown amount of time to find out if it may or may not happen.

Sorry but these arent visible at all, visible traps are avoidable, and you can quickly react to them, like all traps in the void, corpus ships, ceres, etc.

I meant more visible compared to the broken lights. At least now you can see those orange bits on the surfaces. The old broken lights were random objects which had eletric effects around them and were only noticable when you put your crosshair over them.

If anything, I rush more aggressively to bypass arc traps. There isn't really anything stopping me from just running past everything until I find an area clear of them.

It turns Grineer ships into Run Past Bad Guys: The Game. It's the very worst part of old school games like Beyond Oasis.

Well, they replaced the busted lights or door mechanisms that would do the same thing, which is annoying because I could friggin' see the busted lights and such, you just had to pay attention.  These get hidden inside of doors or behind lockers that are red so I don't even go to look at them sometimes ... it was poor planning, I think.

+1 (x infinity)

Nah, the broken lights had the exact same issues and then some. Including the fact that they'd fire clean through walls and they had the tendency to make guys spawn into the mission dead by killing them before the intro cutscene could even be skipped:

Likewise, even the sensor bar on the Magnetic doors suffer from these kinds of issues where it spawns inside another object and can very well be indestructible:

http://cloud-3.steampowered.com/ugc/450673989232825422/60B0722078883705EB0C4350F5678A9B0B63D8F7/

When it comes to the broken lights/arc traps, some guy apparently just married themselves to the idea and thought it was oh-so-great and that it just needed tweaks before we'd love it too. Hell, note that they tried to basically bribe us into liking the stupid things by having them drop resources, something no other trap does. They've always been a case of can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear.

Edited by Taranis49

Because they listened to the people complaining about the broken lights so thy toned down the mechanic to almost being completely useless.

Outside of being stunned next to them they serve no purpose and are really a waste of space.

They should have just fixed the spawning location of the lights and left them. The lights spawn in specific areas that could fit the lights so after a few months normal people would have gotten used to them.

I meant more visible compared to the broken lights. At least now you can see those orange bits on the surfaces. The old broken lights were random objects which had eletric effects around them and were only noticable when you put your crosshair over them.

You mean they were improved like 0.01%...

Cause I really cant see them still, I only know of their presence when they are zapping me hard, and even then I have trouble getting were its coming from.

Broken lights werent even in the field of view "concern" of the player, but these arent very different, your eyes search for enemies shooting you and movement of these enemies, looking for little round things aint visible at all, not even exaggerating, these things dont cause me no awareness, even worse when they are behind or sideways in some object or wall of the map.

Arc traps are one of the most nonsensical design decisions I saw in my entire life of gaming, as they do the opposite of what they are for . The best way to deal with them is to rush even faster.

As DE are too proud to recognize when they're wrong, arc traps are here to stay.

Good luck !

Edited by Hyunsai

I haven't tested this out yet, but has anyone tried equipping their melee weapon and blocking the electricity? Since Arc Traps have very little HP and they're easier to detect through sound than visuals, it might be worth a go. Just reflect their attack back at them.

Arc traps are one of the most nonsensical design decisions I saw in my entire life of gaming, as they do the opposite of what they are for . The best way to deal with them is to rush even faster.

As DE are too proud to recognize when they're wrong, arc traps are here to stay.

Good luck !

While I agree arc traps aren't exactly perfect, I disagree that DE is "too proud to recognize when they're wrong".

They've done tons of changes over the course of Warframe's development, all mainly due to player feedback. Notice how aura mods raise your mod capacity? That wasn't there a long while back. Infact they acted exactly like every other mod by taking mod capacity away. The players' voices were heard and they changed it.

They WILL be adamant on quite a number of things, which is good. Letting player input influence - everything - would be a very bad idea. But yeah, arc traps do need some sort of rework. They're annoying as hell, but they don't make much sense; especially since it's a Grineer trap.

Why are these a thing? What are they actually meant to do aside from annoy people?

They don't keep you on your toes. They don't affect combat. They don't do a lot of damage. Half the time, they don't leave you vulnerable.

But they are EVERYWHERE.

What they currently do is make an annoying screen effect and some annoying sounds. What's the point?

Also, they can keep zapping you if a cutscene starts, so there's that.

But why? Is it meant to add challenge? Variety? It kinda doesn't. It's just annoying.

Have a small solution for you. 

Link: 

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/236973-some-suggestions-to-make-gameplay-more-engagingrewarding-edit-20-arc-trap-rework/ (see EDIT 20). 

eddie-murphy-nodding.gif

No really >_____>

Good luck !

Ehhh, I don't think they're too proud to accept it. Think about how many other things have been changed and improved based on feedback.

In the past couple of months alone Warframe has undergone some massive changes, from melee, to damage, to visuals, even mob spawns in void missions were at last figured out (despite a couple of remaining bugs, like that shield drone that always stays in the spawn for some reason).

Something might change. I'd just like to know what, and maybe when. I highly doubt they would be unable to see when people don't like something or when something isn't as good as it can be.

Just takes time.

Good luck !

The lights were meant the stop rushing, the arc traps are another totally different version of the trap that had nothing to do with stopping rushing since, like you said, the best way to deal with them is to run pass them.

If these were actually built stop rushing the shock should slow people down a bit or something. These things were never designed to stop people.

i think these traps should like do what traps you like make you immobile for 2 sec, 2 sec is enough to stop rushers
but these traps should be 1time procs like what traps do

right now the attempts of arc traps to stop rushers are failing.

new player experience: i got a friend to try the game, he played on my account then arc traps happened! instead of looking for the trap to shoot or stop running he slash dashed his way to the next room to avoid damage. so DE your attempts to stop rushers are actually encouraging rushers to continue doing what they are doing

i think these traps should like do what traps you like make you immobile for 2 sec, 2 sec is enough to stop rushers

but these traps should be 1time procs like what traps do

That would be just as annoying.

I say get rid of them and figure out something that WORKS, like Corpus laser doors.

That would be just as annoying.

I say get rid of them and figure out something that WORKS, like Corpus laser doors.

the example i gave is exactly like a corpus laser door, only its one time proc and not corpus =__=

edit: and also not in doors

Edited by blackstraykitten