Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Tier Thread (13.9.0.2)

CaveCricket48

Yeah, these "rating" threads just tend to bug me significantly. Almost always heavily biased, and always heavily focused on one small aspect of the game.

Only thing they're actually good for agreeing on which frames need help, which you really don't need a flawed rating system to recognize.

What aspect of the game am I missing? A lot of your sarcasm and pointless rant can be stripped off and just plainly state what is precisely the issue, instead of continuing with your bias calls.

Worm Hole has a range of 50 meters at base and allows vertical travel as well, while coptering is limited to horizontal travel.

It has a single directional use of 50 meters un-modded, and that's only if you aim correctly and it doesn't bug out on you, for a higher energy cost and much higher inconvenience for anyone on your team to use. Not to mention the fact almost every Nova will be running a narrowminded so realistically you'll be getting much less than 50 meters.

Speed on the other hand lasts for a reasonably long time, unless you have a nuke build in which case your power strength is so high you'll still see a huge speed increase for a short amount of time, it never bugs and it affects your entire team in a large radius instantly, with little to no inconvenience.

What aspect of the game am I missing? A lot of your sarcasm and pointless rant can be stripped off and just plainly state what is precisely the issue, instead of continuing with your bias calls.

Because the rating system in place is based entirely around 40+ minutes into a high tier void survival or defense, and the issue is that frames that are exceptionally strong in select few areas that benefit high level void survivals and defenses are being rated significantly higher than frames which are either equally or more effective at lower levels, different game-types, and different factions.

For example, building this same rating system around interception missions on pluto would look very different. Frames with high shields will have the highest survivability because Corpus weapons are weakest against shields, Team survival will be based entirely on who can travel the fastest, putting Zephyr and Loki at the top of the list. Mag will suddenly have the highest damage potential of them all. The map layout and gametype influences what frames are the best more than some people seem to realize.

Edited by RancidTurnip1603

It has a one time use of 50 meters un-modded, and that's only if you aim correctly and it doesn't bug out on you, for a higher energy cost and much higher inconvenience for anyone on your team to use. Not to mention the fact almost every Nova will be running a narrowminded so realistically you'll be getting much less than 50 meters.

Speed on the other hand lasts for a reasonably long time, unless you have a nuke build in which case your power strength is so high you'll still see a huge speed increase for a short amount of time, it never bugs and it affects your entire team in a large radius instantly, with little to no inconvenience.

Because the rating system in place is based entirely around 40+ minutes into a high tier void survival or defense, and the issue is that frames that are exceptionally strong in select few areas that benefit survivals and defenses are being rated significantly higher than frames which are either equally or more effective at lower levels, different game-types, and different factions.

Building this same rating system around interception missions on pluto would look very different.

Points noted. I'll revise the rating system later in the week (when I'm not working). Worm Hole and Speed will be looked at as well.

Things to take into account:

Faction

Level/Scalability

Mission Type

Is there anything else I'm missing?

While I can't really disagree with most of what you've got in terms of the tiered ratings here, there are a few outliers that are really sticking out which effectively make little to no sense.

A lot of the better CC frames are at *** or lower in your Team Survivability and Self Survivability charts.  This is... well straight up backwards.  Foes whom are CC'd either outright cannot damage or kill anyone, or have a very low likelihood to do so.  Excalibur's Radial Blind for instance can effectively shut off combat if you use "the one build", which directly lends itself to infinite survivability for both himself and the team.

You've got Vauban at * in the Increased Damage to the Enemy chart, however his Bastille enables the same damage boost to melee that Excalibur's Radial Blind does, so in a factual state that's just not right at all since you've got Excalibur higher on the chart.  On the subjective side of things, Vauban's Bastille is also a hard CC which puts all the afflicted targets in a very "prone to headshots" state, while Vortex puts them in a very "prone to AoE/Punch Through state.  So while it is subjective, both of his two strong CC abilities can indirectly but greatly aid in damaging foes.

Also, it seems off to me to say that Hydroid has better self survivability than Vauban.  However I can understand the point of being able to utilize Undertow as a panic safemode button, so it's probably just my favoritism of Vauban showing on that point.

Lastly, I don't feel that you're giving Volt nearly enough credit in regards to his mobility.  While not instantaneous like Nova's Wormhole skill, Volt's Speed is easily able to be sustained indefinitely due to its highly low base cost.  While it cannot allow for a hefty increase in vertical location like the former, it increases the speed of all of your and your allies' movement and wallrunning by a large margin.  Finally, unlike all of the teleport skills as well as Zephyr's Tailwind, Volt retains 100% of his raw mobility whilst using his mobility skill without any drawbacks.  The teleports are all purely linear and line of sight based, while Tailwind just launches you at high speed in direction X.  Speed just lets you do everything you do, but a lot faster.

Points noted. I'll revise the rating system later in the week (when I'm not working). Worm Hole and Speed will be looked at as well.

Things to take into account:

Faction

Level/Scalability

Mission Type

Is there anything else I'm missing?

Tileset. 

Volt's Overload is stupidly powerful on the Corpus Ship tileset, Hydroids CC/nuke abilites are really strong on tilesets with narrow passageways and long distances, Zephyr's mobility is amazing on open tilesets, Nova is really powerful on smaller more cramped tilesets, and the list goes on.

Seriously though, there are too many variables to try and fit it all into one comprehensive list. I just want people to stop claiming biased observations as undeniable fact, which is realistically never going to happen..