Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Single Player Story Driven Missions

S5alad

With Warframe hammering down game play, mechanics, and combat, it's gotten to be the best a player can look for when it comes to an over the shoulder shooter that allows incredible acrobatics, mind breaking powers, and an exciting arsenal of guns to slaughter thousands of enemies with.  What we don't have, still, is a context of what we are, how the universe got to be the way it is, or why we do what we do.

We left Dark Sector with a world of wonder and potential, and years later, we got Warframe.  What happened between then and now?

I would really like to see DE begin investing in a story line.  This story line could even be unlocked with platinum, or achievements, but I think a story line for the universe, and even every Frame, would add a lot of player enthusiasm and breathe life into the game.  Warframe has peaked at over 16 million players before, and is slowly dropping off between 11-12 million active players.  With a little story, Tenno would feel much more connected to the universe, and the game would grow that much more immersive.

Come on DE.  We're all sitting down, around the campfire, tell us a tale.

Its being worked on. Vor's Prize story missions should be coming with U14.

Also, while I am pretty sure that dark sector and warframe take place in the same universe, I dont think they have any connection to each other. Warframe takes place probably millions of years after dark sector, so theres no direct connection between the two stories.

Also, while I am pretty sure that dark sector and warframe take place in the same universe, I dont think they have any connection to each other. Warframe takes place probably millions of years after dark sector, so theres no direct connection between the two stories.

It's very unclear. DE doesn't particularly like Dark Sector themselves (since it's a messed up product of producer meddling) but a vocal minority on this site seemed to really like it, along with the nerdy instinct to codify continuity has caused them to go back and forth several times as to it's canon.

I'd guess a few thousand personally.

Couldn't they possibly make tutorial mission for each warframe?  You can build a story and still show off the frame's specific powers.  Storywise it could be seen as reliving the memories of the previous tenno that used the warframe before it was split apart.  

Couldn't they possibly make tutorial mission for each warframe?  You can build a story and still show off the frame's specific powers.  Storywise it could be seen as reliving the memories of the previous tenno that used the warframe before it was split apart.  

Sounds brilliant!

I'm dying for lore personally.  So far there have been many a heated debate over teamspeak about what sort of character a tenno warframe even is, for example is it a person in a suit, or a robot that houses an electronic brain of some sort that you download yourself into?  Is each warframe part of a cell of tenno that your account represents?  

Just a clarification of what exactly it is that I am looking at then I access my inventory of warframes would be nice.  An explanation as to who or what the Grinner Queens are, perhaps how humanity was splintered largely into the Corpus and Grineer.  Something about what the rest of humanity is up to, because it is largely implied that there are a significant number of people that aren't affiliated with either faction just sort of roaming around out there.

Where are they, what do they do?  How do they steer clear of the brutal warmachines that are the two main factions grinding against eachother on a daily basis?

How much of a threat are the Infested, really?  The game portrays them as a nuisance, not a world-ending emergency all-hands-on-deck situation.  

Lore-wise, how many tenno are there, anyway?  There -has- to be more infrastructure for the tenno faction than just a dojo floating around somewhere.  Are there fleets?  Warships, mobile space stations?  Perhaps there is a council hanging out in a massive void area that has been rendered safe by tenno strike teams that the majority of us base out of.

I feel like the most important aspect missing from this game is Context, and we sorely want it.

Edit: Grammar and clarity

Edited by Lediard

I miss the old lore section we used to have.. It at least mentioned the Grineer queens and such. Game surely does need story; especially as of late things are getting a lil twisted in the wind.

Originally we were "told" Tenno were maintaining the balance.

Now, with Dark Sectors, we are fighting each other for territorial dominance? Ref: Somewhat insulting in-rail messages from Warlords/The content itself.

Anyone think there might be a possible Easter egg in T4 Interceptions' existence, or did DE just goof again?

Now, with Dark Sectors, we are fighting each other for territorial dominance? Ref: Somewhat insulting in-rail messages from Warlords/The content itself.

I think it makes sense from the perspective of a warrior culture. The main thing that makes it seem hostile is that a fight over the rail means it blocks others from using it.

If you could still use it I think it would be more clear as a friendly contest with trash talking as opposed to a territorial civil war.

I'm dying for lore personally.  So far there have been many a heated debate over teamspeak about what sort of character a tenno warframe even is, for example is it a person in a suit, or a robot that houses an electronic brain of some sort that you download yourself into?  Is each warframe part of a cell of tenno that your account represents?  

It's a mutated human being according to Dark Sector.