Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mutalist Quanta: An Interesting Experiment? Or Trolling At Its Finest?

CY13ERPUNK

ok, been playing with this infested coat hanger/shelving rack for awhile now, got some bullet points :

- looks pretty crappy, compared to other designs ingame, doesn't have any recognizable features that resemble a gun at all, why does it spin? how does the spinning factor into its function as a gun or its accuracy? doesnt look infested ENOUGH

- why doesnt it deal base radiation dmg? or toxic? or viral? or mag? or electric? WHY!??!?

- the "beachball" is certainly a neat new mechanic, but functions incredibly poorly ingame, you have zero control over where the enemies knock the ball to, making the explosion hardly ever hit any of yer tgts (not even going into its horrid dmg)

- the radiation proc is nice, but the ammo cost is too high considering its current ingame functionality

some possible changes / fixes / solutions (gathered from other threads and from my own thoughtcloud) all and/or, ie not inclusive

= alt-fire creates a sphere that stays attached to the front of the gun, firing through the sphere enhances the dmg of projectiles, after a set # of rounds the sphere changes color/flashes/etc and either releases automatically or explodes, pressing alt-fire again while a sphere is attached will shoot the sphere forwards like previously, but the sphere now detonates on contact with any enemy and procs radiation in a small aoe as well as dealing dmg based on how many rounds were fired thru it (additionally sphere has weight/gravity and will bounce off of walls, but not enemies, since it will detonate on contact with enemies)

^^^^^^^ i think i like this combination of ideas the most so far

= alt-fire fires 1 sphere max out at once, while sphere is out, alt-fire functions as zoom, shooting sphere builds up its aoe dmg and after a set amount sphere will detonate (giving the player some control over detonation)

= alt-fire fires sphere and alt-fire detonates sphere if a sphere is already out

basically every suggestion in some way gives the player more control over the function of the weapon

Or, you may put it that way: it was an experimental weapon, our tenno operatives put their hands on the blueprint and we tested it to see it's usefulness on the battlefield.

I hate this weapon too, but I got to hate it only after using it.

At best, I can applaut DE for testing out new stuff. It was funny, to have some sort of a Nyx weapon.

However, I don't think I will be friends with the Mutalist Quanta either. There need to be more synergy with the balls and shooting at them with the normal fire mode.

The spheres fail on all three counts. They're slow, they bounce, and they stay put after their set travel time.

1. If they were faster, it might be a bit better to grab enemies.

2. If it didn't bounce, but stuck to where it was fired, it would make an excellent trap.

3. If they were still affected by gravity, they'd be effective traps or be able to cause explosive damage to nearby enemies. The anti-gravity properties of the spheres is vexing.

In maps with several elevations, heights, and sniper nests, its alt-fire sphere is useless. They either arrive too late to trap or damage enemies, are too high off the floors to cause splash damage, or bounce in unexpected directions due to player or enemy interference.

Any of the 3 suggestions, or all three with penalties would work. Also a different model, please. Perhaps a Dera with tumors all over it, or a fusion of Dera with a biografted grenade launcher tube on the bottom, for the spheres to emerge. 

Guest Shibboleet

I guess you'd have to be a Torrid lover to like this weapon, because I like it.

Edited by Shibboleet

Or, you may put it that way: it was an experimental weapon, our tenno operatives put their hands on the blueprint and we tested it to see it's usefulness on the battlefield.

I hate this weapon too, but I got to hate it only after using it.

There is no good excuse for poor game design and this one doesn't even come close.

The weapon could definitely use improvement.