Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why All This Hate?

Muffle

The thing is some missions (at least some parts of the mission) requires rushing, like T3MD. I've play with countless players that demands "fighting their way" to the control panel, only to have them arrived half dead and out of ammo.

Not to mention DE's somewhat lazy way of combating the so called afk'ers, by pretty much making every mission a speed run to the finish line so you don't get left behind without any rewards.

Having said that I never use my Rhino Prime to actually play the game except just to farm tower capture and nightmare missions. Everyone seems to be very happy with a speed run Rhino when you can blew through the capture mission in 3 mins when you are farming.

Edited by (PS4)RocketPunch1221

If people think Rhino is a crutch, it's because he's a semi-decent frame available early on. Rhino actually isn't as powerful as people think he is. Sure, iron skin makes you invincible at low levels, but at low levels you weren't going to die anyway. It doesn't scale well at high levels, making roar and stomp his more useful (but not overpowered) abilities. If you're trying to tank in Warframe, you're playing the game wrong. People don't seem to get that.

Coptering is fun. Rushing is fun. You're going to be grinding in identical tilesets hundreds of times and the resources you earn from the map are negligible compared to what you'd get from a decent survival or defense run. I see no reason to make a mission last any longer than it has to.

This is why I don't have issues with his abilities. Just his speed. He needs to be slower. There is no reason that other frames should be slower than him. If they need to boost his health or armor to compensate for a speed nerf, then I'm all for it. He's a tank. He shouldn't be fast. He shouldn't be the fastest/second fastest frame in the game.

Some people don't like to make everyhting super easy. It's the same reason why most games have difficulty options. 

It's not because of hipsters, it's because games without challenge tend to be boring.

Most players don't have anything against coptering, at least not from what I've seen. If I have to run Frost for a T4 def I want to bring a coptering weapon to help me get around quickly to grab ammo between waves. Most of the players I've talked to agree that there is nothing wrong with this. 

I know a lot of great rhino players, but I'm always bothered when I see someone just running around spamming stomp and not even bothering to use roar or shield squishy frames.

As for coptering, I have no problem with it. Wish it looked less goofy though.

Coptering isn't a bug/ the Devs have noticed it and acknowledged it. It is not a bug, just another type of movement.

Remember the people who were calling it an exploit? I bet there are a few who would still call it that...

Mostly it's just a bunch of players with an excess of butt hurt and a serious lack of deal with it.

There's nothing wrong with Rhino, sometimes Rhino players have issues making the transition to end game and realizing they are no longer invulnerable. It's no big deal, they'll learn eventually.

People complaining about coptering are just weepy crybabies. It was removed and everyone who matters missed it. It got added back in. At that moment it stopped being a bug, or a glitch, and became a feature. Anyone who doesn't like the feature should go play a game with out it.

Coptering isn't a bug/ the Devs have noticed it and acknowledged it. It is not a bug, just another type of movement.

No, Coptering and Sprint Sliding are... or... were... bugs. They were an unintended exploit that came about when DE messed with the momentum of the sliding mechanic a while back. They had been fixed, removed, reintroduced... Just... pfft, wat. I don't even know anymore.

The best part about the whole thing is, Coptering and Sprint Sliding were brought up in a livestream shortly after their "birth" and the Devs said they didn't like them, and even outright said that they were ugly. The Devs have always been against rushing and, on more than one occasion, have expressed interest in deterring it. Or... Did. Past tense.

Next thing you see, they're using it themselves in gameplay and it's here to stay.

Well, a bit of a 180 there, but okey dokey, then.

Edited by FatalX7

1. Too many bad Rhino players giving Rhino a bad rep. Iron Skin, run in, die, bleed out, complain about "noobs" not reviving said Rhino. Or stomp spam. And call the rest noob still.

2. Who cares? Coptering is fun for some, for others it isn't. A friend of mine solely uses the Amphis as melee weapon purely for the sake of coptering, especially with a Speed-Volt. If he likes it, why not? Would be too boring for me, but hey, different tastes for different people.

Also, you know what, Sking in Tribes was an "exploit" or a "bug" then it became a feature, then it became one of the most important aspects of the game.

Coptering is what it is. I mean, it still to this day pertrubs me how much animosity people have in a PvE game. Especially one that loathes PvP, because you're indeed fighting eachother, just now in a way that puts a damper on a perticular players mentality/playstyle. :/

I'm actually someone who hates Rhino, though not in the way you're describing.  I'm not fond of Rhino Prime's speed buff, nor of the Vanguard helm as they remove his initial base weakness of being a bit on the sluggish side.  However, I'll never hate on a player for using these things, it's purely DE's fault for even placing them in the game as they are (I don't hate DE mind you, but I do feel that their judgment was off on this case).  Balance is key, someone who's got high defensive stats shouldn't just be really fast for no good reason.

The reason I hate Rhino is a combination of things, he's very easily acquirable as well as being a frame that is effectively capable of trivializing early/mid Solar Map content with very little modding.  Because of those things, he ends up teaching many players how to play the game in the worst possible way.  Basically, I think Rhino himself is fine, as are those who wish to use him.  But he gives players bad habbits way too easily.  I don't think Rhino needs changed or nerfed by any means, and also don't think hiding him deeper in the Solar Map is a good idea.  Not really sure how to get around this issue to be honest.

Lastly on the Rhino subject, I hate using Rhino because he's inherently one of the most straightforward of frames.  He doesn't really reward any type of creativity nor doe he utilize it.  Not a bad thing by any respect, but I prefer more intricate things.

As for coptering, that one is fine by me.  I don't even have an issue with rushing or rushers despite not being one, well most of the time.  Everyone's entitled to a little gotta-go-fast once in a while right?

Short version;  Rhino isn't bad, but he causes average gamers to become dumb as hek, which is bad.  Coptering is there, use it if you want, or don't.  It's perceived as bad because too many use it to leave teammates behind.

Edited by (PS4)Bobtm0

I don't care what you use as long as you can..

a.)Not die a whole hell of a lot

b.)Pull your weight late game

c.)Not act like a jerk.

I shouldin't have to care, and I won't care. Just don't make it a bad experience for the other three of us and we're fine. And that's the way we should think. And, I do use Rhino, a lot. I know when to spam stomp, and I know when to use my roar build. Don't cast that light on me, instead use the above three simple steps..and quit worry about everyone else.

coptering is bug and exploited.should be taken out . qq it is ,fact end of that bs...

Except it was a bug, and it got removed.

Then they added it back in, and now it's a feature. I repeat, the intentionally added it back in. So it's not a bug, or an exploit, and you're wrong. No matter how much some people qq about it.

I enjoy using Rhino without Stomp equipped.

On the rare occasion I do use him that is. That rubedo skin made me wanna use him for a few missions.

Rhino Charge is underrated imo.

Word of advice. If you ever see a Rhino using Roar, he's probably okay and not a #$&(%, or he is new. One or the other.

But I've honestly only ran into maybe 4 Rhino players who were worth caring about. None of them were Rhino Prime. Every Rhino Prime I've ever played with is always a tunnel vision neanderthal who wouldn't revive you if your bleeding corpse fell directly into his mouth.

As for the hating of the rushing rhino, they forget not everyone has for lack of a better term, super armor as well as a hefty shield usually. It's really REALLY easy to completely ignore rooms filled to the brim with hordes of enemies, because Rhino can shrug it off rather easily. Not all frames can do that so they have to think a tiny bit when running through dangerous territory. And they almost never run back to save you if you do go down.

I never rely on two types of players. Loki players and Rhino Prime players. I have yet to see a decent teamwork oriented loki or rhino prime. All of them have been asshats.

* This topic doesn't really apply to me since I mainly play as Ember Prime with more of a utility build revolving around fire damage, but I also play as Rhino and Loki at the right times

This makes me feel sad for actually being a considerate Rhino Prime and Loki Prime player when I want to feel tanky or stealthy. You haven't met me yet, obviously!

* Actually, tbh I don't even use my Rhino Prime because I haven't thought of a suitable build for both me and my teammates alike, so I avoid using him at all costs until I can think of something that works

For the record, I don't have Switch TP equipped in Defense Missions because I'm ALWAYS at the defense target no matter what, Disarming and Decoying away. I also rarely use it in Survival unless there's an emergency (player goes down, Life Support depleting).

No Switch TP in Defense... watch all the "Loki Prime Mustard Race" kids bash me for it, and I'm willing to take that flak from them.

Edited by Trowicia

I hope I don't have to explain why some people feel like they do about Rhino. 

(Protip: Vanguard on Rhino Prime. Go figure.)

Oh, and let's not talk about how Blind Rage on Rhino breaks the game to a certain degree. Seriously, press 2 and you have 2000+ extra health. When that runs out? Press 2 again. Press 4 and see what survives. Press 3 then 4 again IF something survives. No offense, though. I have nothing against Rhino. I just don't like to play him. I find him boring.

And... Coptering. Really? It's an acceleration bug.

"bug" 

it's a feature. when asked about it while melee 2.0 was under development they said they'd keep it in, and whenever they broke it during melee 2,0's release, they went and fixed it so that coptering was still there.

I recently started using Rhino Prime and I do have the Arcane helms for him, but I don't use them. I don't know how many players actually use Rhino as intended, but I use Roar more often than Iron Skin and Rhino Charge more often than Rhino Stomp. I only use Iron Skin if it's an emergency and I'm getting critically low on health and no hp orbs are around or I have no breathing room to recharge my shields. I don't use it at the start of every game like everyother Rhino player does, Roar is just as useful as Iron Skin and Rhino Charge just as useful as Rhino Stomp. I make every ability for Rhino useful in some way or another, I don't see him as a one-trick pony as most players do.

But most players only look at him for Iron Skin as do most players look at any frame just for the one ability that's useful to them and the other 3 worthless, players that think those abilities are worthless are players who don't know how to use them properly. You think one ability is worthless, I'll show you how it's not.

Coptering isn't a key element of the gameplay though a couple livestreams ago, DE pretty much admitted it's part of the game's "Identity". Worst answer I've ever heard after it was asked in the stream what are we going to do about coptering. It's an exploit that's been in the game far too long and needs to get out right now.

It won't be missed, and anyone who QQs over it after it's gone are free to quit the game, they won't be missed either. But of course, it won't go away, all you see in the Warframe trailers is false advertising, you never see them coptering in the CGI trailers now do you? It's how Warframe should've been, it would be much different if coptering was gone long ago. The game would be in a better place.

Edited by __Kanade__

^ About Iron Skin, I have a good friend that mains Rhino Prime and he never relies on Iron Skin until late game, because that's where the challenge begins. It's funny though, because of this he got bad-mouthed by some MR10+ players for not actively using Iron Skin as if it really benefits them aside from the small aggro boost Iron Skin gives (That's still a thing, right? The aggro from Iron Skin).

That kinda convinces me that people just find any reason to hate things, some (those that my friend encountered) with much less of a feasible excuse than many, like you guys here.

>snip<

Coptering isn't a key element of the gameplay though a couple livestreams ago, DE pretty much admitted it's part of the game's "Identity". Worst answer I've ever heard after it was asked in the stream what are we going to do about coptering. It's an exploit that's been in the game far too long and needs to get out right now.

It won't be missed, and anyone who QQs over it after it's gone are free to quit the game, they won't be missed either. But of course, it won't go away, all you see in the Warframe trailers is false advertising, you never see them coptering in the CGI trailers now do you? It's how Warframe should've been, it would be much different if coptering was gone long ago. The game would be in a better place.

While I don't entirely disagree with what you're saying... well it's a bit presumptuous of you if nothing else.  As dumb as it may look, it's an interesting movement "thing" (calling it a bug or glitch is as incorrect as calling it a feature).  It's similar to rocket jumping in every other shooter these days, it's kind of dumb and makes little or less sense, but its cool and fun.

The CGI thing is just all wrong though.  Pretty much nothing in any CGI trailer of any game is really reminiscent of anything relevant to begin with.  If CGI trailers are how Warframe should be, Rhino would be a god capable of ripping Zanuka in half completely unarmed as well as deforming maps by jumping... which would be really detrimental to gameplay.

Coptering in and of itself isn't detrimental to the game in any major way, unlike the way you make it sound.

I'll bite, I guess.

The stereotypical (and sadly, most common) rhino player you will meet will be inconsiderate and ruin certain mission types. Defence mission? They'll run to a door and stomp everything to death, making it harder to pick up loot and possibly killing out of xp range. Mobile defence? Hallway heroes, making the loot harder to pick up and definitely denying xp to anyone defending the pod. Dark Sector mission for extra xp on rifle/pistol/melee kills? Stomp stomp stomp, no bonus xp for anyone. And let's face it - a low level mission isn't exactly fun if someone just one-hits everything with an AoE skill.

Yes, the same can be said for many other frames (nova and molecular prime, despite the changes to the skill, is still a good example); but in my online experience, I'd say 8/10 or maybe even 9/10 of rhinos I come across behave like this.

As for coptering, it was a confirmed bug. DE only kept it due to all the whining. The game's not exactly fun if someone just rushes ahead faster than you possibly can and kills everything. When we go back to the days when bosses actually dropped blueprints, it'd often mean the boss was killed in some weird and wonderful place and you wouldn't be able to find your loot. As if someone considerate enough to not let you play the game would mark the drop or tell you where it was if you asked.

Anyway, I bit. Happy? You'd know these things if you actually read the posts.

This is pretty much it.It is more of a bad reputation than anything the frame itself has done.

As far as coptering, for me there are two issues with it. One if aesthetic. It just looks stupid to see a bunch of people jumping and spinning their way through hallways. The second is that it promotes rushing through missions, which is something that bothers me immensely. I actually enjoy doing the missions and killing things. To me rushing often means going through the mission as fast as you can to get to the loot screen and be disappointed. I rather try to enjoy the mission and the killing of things in it. I spent all those formas on my latron prime to shoot two bullets at the capture targets and run away.

I don't actually dislike Rhino but I do find it strange that he's a tank which also deals a ton of DPS through his abilities, I mean why does he get the best of everything? High attack, high shields, high health, decent armour; his iron skin adds to that plus he gets a room clearing stomp that goes through walls. It's not like his disadvantage is in speed either, he just seems to be great at everything, too great in fact.

Sure other frames can kick out the damage too but they mostly lack in other areas where Rhino does not. They should honestly tone down the stomp or nerf his energy pool or increase the cost of iron skin and stomp. Because I understand he's a tank, but to make him an immortal room wrecking machine makes the other frames inferior to him in more ways than one