Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why All This Hate?

Muffle

Mmm nope, it really isn't. If you mean FADC in something like SFIV, I believe that was intentional. But things like Dustloop in Guilty Gear or Moriya's teleport glitch in Last Blade? Yeahno. I'm always one to say "If you're really skilled at a fighting game, you don't need to keep the other guy helpless the entire match with animation exploits, you'd be skilled enough, as you claim, to finish your sequence, let them get back up and bait and catch them into a new one".

You're wrong by the way.  High level play makes use of any glitch or exploit that doesn't crash the game.  Try watching EVO sometime.  They don't shy away from infinte combos if they can pull them off. FYI, combos were originally a glitch/exploit.

lol try taking rhino to t4 survival past 45 min, iron skin doesn't even last 2 secs.

That really isn't a good argument, you know.  Nothing based on numbers maintains its effectiveness in high-level, endless missions.  It's a bit like saying, "This five-storey mansion with an indoor cinema and three master bedrooms isn't any better than your cardboard box in an alley; both will be destroyed if a nuke falls on them."

So after spending some time on the community, I've come to see that a lot of players tend to hate a couple things. I firmly believe in having the right tool for the job. I don't see why people hate some of my tools but not others. Is there a rising group of hipster tenno that boo at things for being too mainstream? I kid of course, but you can kind of see a pattern. I would love to know why I've been insulted repeatedly, despite having said nothing to offend (in fact I have never opened my mouth against another player) and doing my best to contribute to the team's goals every game. 

1. Rhino (especially the prime): Threads about nerfing him are pretty common and "arcane vanguard" gets spited upon mention. Players who like rhino are often called noobs, and the frame is often labeled as a crutch.

As a Vanguard Rhino Prime player myself, I don't see why he gets all this hate. He shines especially well in the early game, but all frames are good to some degree in the early game. Late game, his iron skin is destroyed on the first hit, and rarely serves any purpose other than blocking the occasional knockdown. His stomp is decent, but has a casting time and travel time (put together makes a significant delay in disabling enemies compared to, say, chaos), and can't be recast until all frozen enemies are dead or have fallen, leaving you very vulnerable to any units that may have come in. He is far from the jack of all trades people suggest. He can do almost everything in early game very well, and is okay late game with teamwork, but doesn't even compare to what Nyx or Loki can do. 

2. Coptering: People rarely react favorably when anything regarding coptering is mentioned, be it "how can I do this better" or "can this weapon copter"... 

I use the Scoliac as a copter weapon. I also use the Dakra Prime (dervish) as a single-hitting weapon, the Orthos Prime as a crowd-clearing weapon, and the Bo Prime as a channeling-efficient DPS weapon. Some weapons, like the Scoliac, are especially good at granting mobility. I don't see why people hate just this group of weapons so much, especially when they help you reach life support in those crucial moments, or reach downed teammates before they bleed out. Is it logical to ignore a very good option of mobility and let a teammate die just because you don't like the concept? How is it bad for just wanting to last longer in survival and using the tools available to do so? 

I am aware that coptering helps facilitate rushing, which I can see some problems with. But why doesn't Wormhole or Tailwind (which both move faster than any copter) get this same hate? Energy costs are basically nonexistent with the right mods anyway. 

Thanks for taking the time to read. Please feel free to share the reasoning behind your opinions.

Rhino doesn't teach new players how to play and makes them worse teammates as a result. Never learn how to tank/mitigate/avoid damage just stand out in the middle of open areas like a deer caught in headlights. Taking zero damage because of an ability versus taking zero damage due to use of cover/proper movement/basic fundamental skill use isn't the same thing.

Coptering... what needs to be said? Its an exploit that's been deemed cool by some DE dude on a live stream (way to go nub, thanks) so now everyone rushes on missions like exterminate and rescue which always leads to the one responsible guy in the cell having to backtrack half the map to get that one mob that was missed, or the prisoner left to fend for himself, get owned, bleed out, and fail the mission. Did you know most rushers don't even know you can rez the prisoner?

Abilities which require no player skill to use are destined to be mocked and ridiculed by the competent