Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Oberon Rework?

Tsoe

I'm not sure how you can re-work oberon really, he's billed as a multi-role frame with some healing, some AoE and some moderate damage abilities, he's way behind any frame dedicated to those roles.

Oberon always felt like an afterthought, no real point bringing him instead of a set of dedicated frames imo.

I'm not sure how you can re-work oberon really, he's billed as a multi-role frame with some healing, some AoE and some moderate damage abilities, he's way behind any frame dedicated to those roles.

Oberon always felt like an afterthought, no real point bringing him instead of a set of dedicated frames imo.

And thats why reworks exists lol. Rework doesn't only mean changing the number values. They can completely replace skills like they did with rhino and ember.

And thats why reworks exists lol. Rework doesn't only mean changing the number values. They can completely replace skills like they did with rhino and ember.

Yeah but Rhino and Ember have very specific roles, Rhino is a tank/support, he's good at taking damage (iron skin) and avoiding damage being done to the rest of the team (stomp), Ember is DPS and deals fire damage in directed and AoE forms.

Oberon has the role of "eh?".

. . . Oberon has the role of "eh?".

. . . i hope he will be better as he currently is (useless)

. . . Oberon always felt like an afterthought, no real point bringing him instead of a set of dedicated frames imo.

I'm not sure why we have the lack of love for Oberon.  I use the frame all the time.  My friends and I regularly take Rhino, Oberon and Necros into things and do great.  Rhino roars and stomps and takes the hits, while Oberon lays down hallowed ground and slams everyone into the ground (dropping health) and then Necros desecrates everyone adding more health and more drops.  Oberon could use some tweaking, but I don't think I'd like a full rework.

(Also : Nekros rework > Oberon rework. Why? Our Grim Reaper is used as a....Desecrater only.That's sad.)

There's a valid point, I only take Necros when I'm running with somebody who has a strong frame.  I think my favorite current farming group is Necros, Loki, Vaubon(sp?), and Rhino. 

Make all the things come to me, make all the thigns swirl in the air, kill all the things, rifle all the things' pockets for extra loots!

nothing yet sorry. 

thx, i ll be waitin peacefully, reworkin is not an easy task

and lookin the work made on frost nova valkyr and rhino , i am confident that ill not wait in vain

thx for the fast answear

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That said...

would be great to have smite and hallowed changed (both need a bit more utility)

Smite visual effect are meh (annoying and too much for the result)

Oberon is weird to work on, we dont know much about his power,

foir exemple smite could as well extract energy balls from ennemies and send them to oberon damaging ennemies on the way

Hallowed ground could boost Oberon while he walk on it (slow health regen or Radiation damage boost) it could as well have 100% proc

Rekoning, the actual best card of oberon , pretty cool skill but could gain some fun

like cbeing able to moove target during the skill with the the camera, add some burst effect when targets hiting the ground damaging nearby unit..

anything that can add more untility are welcome, even a litle pushback during renewal on nearby unit could be great

Edited by Tsoe

... Smite visual effect are meh (annoying and too much for the result) ...

... foir exemple smite could as well extract energy balls from ennemies and send them to oberon damaging ennemies on the way ...

... Hallowed ground could boost Oberon while he walk on it (slow health regen or Radiation damage boost) it could as well have 100% proc ...

Smite's visuals could be better, and the power does feel a little underwhelming for the name, but then again it is the base ability.  I don't guess we should really expect too much from the number 1.

Smite extracting energy would be a nice addition and certainly add a last bit of utility I think Oberon is missing.  At the end of the day, Oberon isn't that bad of a frame, it just doesn't have a speciallized niche like the other frames seem to.  This makes it more annoying to play, but if we think of it like a Druid or Paladin from your mythral-themed games, it makes more sense.  A small chance for energy orbs would round out that all-over utility feel.

I honestly thought Hallowed Ground should buff those standing in it, as well as do the added damage, from the start.  This, one hundred times this, two hundred thumbs up this!  Hallowed Ground being an honest-to-god buff zone would be perfect for those Mobile Defense runs, on top of several other instances I can think of where I should've been able to buff my friends as we play

Smite's visuals could be better, and the power does feel a little underwhelming for the name, but then again it is the base ability.  I don't guess we should really expect too much from the number 1.

Smite extracting energy would be a nice addition and certainly add a last bit of utility I think Oberon is missing.  At the end of the day, Oberon isn't that bad of a frame, it just doesn't have a speciallized niche like the other frames seem to.  This makes it more annoying to play, but if we think of it like a Druid or Paladin from your mythral-themed games, it makes more sense.  A small chance for energy orbs would round out that all-over utility feel.

I honestly thought Hallowed Ground should buff those standing in it, as well as do the added damage, from the start.  This, one hundred times this, two hundred thumbs up this!  Hallowed Ground being an honest-to-god buff zone would be perfect for those Mobile Defense runs, on top of several other instances I can think of where I should've been able to buff my friends as we play

Hallowed ground  could be so great , it have no meaning beside low damage actually and the proc of rad is kind of close too zero

they could change it and make it a 1 shoot togable skill makin an Actual Holy ground (maybe a circle but a Pentacle would be prerfect)   that damage ennemies and buff Oberon (giving him low rate energy and life restore along an armor boost) while he is in the Pentacle)

Edited by Tsoe

Hallowed ground  could be so great , it have no meaning beside low damage actually and the proc of rad is kind of close too zero

they could change it and make it a 1 shoot togable skill makin an Actual Holy ground (maybe a circle but a Pentacle would be prerfect)   that damage ennemies and buff Oberon (giving him low rate energy and life restore along an armor boost) while he is in the Pentacle)

I'm guessing you mean Pentagram, in which case I don't think it works for the style of frame and the base myth behind it.  I don't mind the flat box, an area of effect circle wouldn't be bad either.  I don't think I want anything to toggle with the warframes, and as far as I can tell they're staying away from a toggle mechanic for all the frames, which is fine. 

Receiving evergy really feels more like a Smite thing than Hallowed ground.

I'm guessing you mean Pentagram, in which case I don't think it works for the style of frame and the base myth behind it.  I don't mind the flat box, an area of effect circle wouldn't be bad either.  I don't think I want anything to toggle with the warframes, and as far as I can tell they're staying away from a toggle mechanic for all the frames, which is fine. 

Receiving evergy really feels more like a Smite thing than Hallowed ground.

you may need an update but some frame got togglable skills now.. hydroid , banshee...

and it's actually pretty fine for skills t-hat need time to be efficient

Edited by Tsoe

And just for the information

Celtic Druids, saw the pentagram as a symbol of the Godhead.

Pentagram allways been a protective symbol for some and a summoning for others.. TV just messed up the thing with evil stuff

Edited by Tsoe