The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Kubrow Release-Into-Wild...

[DE]Momaw

I prefer the release into the wild idea instead of the puppy blender idea, but it seems even that has some people who wouldn't like it very much.   So here's a notion how you can make the entire process of releasing your kubrow less traumatic for people:

Start at your ship.  Choose the "release kubrow into wild" mission from wherever.  You get a cutscene of your ship landing at Earth. The ramp comes down, and there is you and your dog. You throw some food or a toy off into the grass.

Now, from here it branches in one of two ways:

* If your kubrow is healthy and trusting ie well loved, he will charge after it and eat/play. Then, some wild kubrows will slink out of the bushes and circle around. There's some growling, then some butt-sniffing, then they all romp.  After a moment of play your kubrow looks back at the ship where you are still standing but you don't move or call to it. It goes back to playing with the wild kubrows, and in the background you turn and go back up the ramp into your ship, and take off.  Camera pans upward, showing a pretty scenic view with a kubrow den and lots of wilderness.

* If your kubrow is not doing so well ie neglected, it paces off toward whatever you threw and start sniffing around. Player character turns and walks up the ramp and the ship takes off. Kubrow looks up at the ship for a long moment, then runs off into the bushes. Camera pans upward, showing etc etc.

I think it would be a good idea to not release them in the wild, but instead have them act as guarddogs in your dojo, getting various messages on how well your kubrow is doing in defending the dark sectors you hold and what a good job your kubrow is doing in aiding the red veil of protecting their homes.

Maybe you can get credits for having your kubrow aiding the red veil or get resources to give your new kubrow the best care it can get.

I made a post with a few alternative ideas to releasing them (or using a puppy blender >>) but the topic got buried under a whole bunch of others. It's in my history of topics that I started for anyone interested in looking.