Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Venka: Why And How Should It Be Buffed.

Paul_Pianoff

In response to:

Why should it be buffed?

1. I do agree that it would be nice if it had a polarity slot for being a clan tech that requires a forma.

2. You can of course mod it, that's what mods are for.

How should it be buffed?

1. Fury and Berserker build would take you to 1.5 speed for periods of time.

2. You can up that with True Steel for more of an opportunity to hit Berserker speeds.

3. You can up that with Organ Shatter.

Malicious Raptor has a 100% Bleed proc within one of the attacks and also reduces stamina requirements. I do see that it would be interesting to make it basically just like the Dual Ichor, but, no wait...why would we want it just like another weapon? Maybe it would be better to balance the stats on both weapons, so that one isn't both fast and have high crit chance. Maybe this is also DE's way of testing out status effects being added within the properties of stance attacks?

i do think that the mastery rank is too high, i had just enough plat to buy it when they came out so i jumped on it, i use them all the time and i think there really awesome and dont have anything to complain about.. but for the sake of an experienced explanation i can tell you that some natural crit would be really awesome because even with a maxed true steel its not a high enough chance to actually take up that mod space when i could just increase the preformance with slash damage mods and forget about crits, the only real problem is that they have trouble taking down enemys in higer lvl missions, a tiny buff to natural crit chance would make it more viable in lets say a t3 key mission, then you could swap for crit damage and chance mods; with the stance there is no need for speed mods in my opinion so adding berserker would be an  'only if theres space' kinda mod cause there are way better things out there, but personally i think there a great weapon and dont think they really need a change, however i would LOVE a dragon/prime version of theese! with the right ele combos and such you can do missions (at your lvl) in melee only with no problems, i have done 30min survivals all melee with them no prob!

I really don't think Venka needs much if any buffing. I initially thought that it was a little bit too slow for my taste, but after putting maxed Fury on it, its striking speed feels about right. With a good Corrosive or Radiation build, Pressure Point, and Sundering Strike, these claws easily carve up mid-level Grineer, even without Forma and a Catalyst. They really shine with a Catalyst and its stance though, which allow for more modding opportunities which in turn allows them to really slice and dice. They don't have the reach and multi-hit capacity of the Orthos, but they're still pretty brutal against single targets and they just ooze style.

My only quibble with the Venka has to do with the stance itself: The combos are a bit dull and the Stealth Kill anim could use some tweaking - especially after the target is "broken" on your knee. A bit more Puncture and Crit chance and maybe a tiny speed boost would be nice, but I can live without.

That being said, Venka is my third fave general melee weapon after Orthos and Dakara Prime!

• 2 weeks later...