Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

This A Good Valkyr Build?

(PSN)Abyss_666

Question

http://warframe-builder.com/Warframes/Builder/Valkyr/t_30_12004120044_2-9-10-5-7-4-6-6-5-12-1-9-14-8-5-19-4-10-37-10-5-55-2-4-59-3-3-117-0-3-119-5-3_117-4-12-8-55-10-59-9-19-7-119-7-6-6-5-8-14-9-2-6-37-14_53/en/1-0-19

This is my approach to a health tank Valkyr build. Hysteria is only used in emergency situations but depending on how she will be changed it may be used more. Tell me if this works and what you would change. I suppose you could save a forma and keep the V aura for steel charge but the rejuvenation makes her so much more wolverine-esque

11 answers to this question

Personally I would keep the default Aura polarity - both Steel Charge and Rifle Amp are incredibly useful Auras.

I highly recommend a non-upgraded Life Strike on your melee weapon instead. 5% of the damage you deal when Focusing will be returned as Health. This adds up to quite a lot because the damage you deal is that much higher than the total Health of your Warframe. 5% of a 500 damage hit, or even a 1000 damage, is going to top you off nicely - way better than gimpy Rejuvenation can.

Combined with Valkyr's high base Health and Armour you can essentially have the immortality of Hysteria with regular melee weapons this way!

1 Swap aura to - for CP adding damage to armored enemies or ES giving you energy to use more channel attacks to restore health from Life Strike. Or leave it at V for Steel Charge, but that doesnt benefit non-melee teammates.

2 Cap Blind Rage, Streamline, and Fleeting Expertise - will need another forma :S

3 Consider swapping Continuity for Narrow Minded. Although WC is being weird right now, the armor increase seems to be permanent, so you might not need duration at all - maybe add more health with Vigor or play around with knockdown or blocking/stamina mods.

Edit: Adding Vigor increases the effective health from 7.7k to just over 9000! :D

Edited by Darzk

Personally I would keep the default Aura polarity - both Steel Charge and Rifle Amp are incredibly useful Auras.

I highly recommend a non-upgraded Life Strike on your melee weapon instead. 5% of the damage you deal when Focusing will be returned as Health. This adds up to quite a lot because the damage you deal is that much higher than the total Health of your Warframe. 5% of a 500 damage hit, or even a 1000 damage, is going to top you off nicely - way better than gimpy Rejuvenation can.

Combined with Valkyr's high base Health and Armour you can essentially have the immortality of Hysteria with regular melee weapons this way!

got you on that one I'm already using life strike whenever I'm using valkyr. So you're saying the heal from life strike is more than enough so rejuvenation is useless and I can safely stick to steel charge?

got you on that one I'm already using life strike whenever I'm using valkyr. So you're saying the heal from life strike is more than enough so rejuvenation is useless and I can safely stick to steel charge?

Until they change Rejuvenation to heal a % of your health it is essentially useless - especially on high-health Warfames such as Valkyr. Maybe if they changed it to a regular mod so that you wouldn't have to give up Steel Charge or Rifle Amp for it. Maybe....

The heal from Lifestrike is definitely not to be underestimated. As I said, 5% sounds like low number but the damage you can do in melee now makes it heal you a helluva lot. Combined with Steel Charge you should have more than enough healing from it.

... and if crap hits the fan you've always got the Hysteria panic button.

Until they change Rejuvenation to heal a % of your health it is essentially useless - especially on high-health Warfames such as Valkyr.

A constant, team-wide heal-over-time is nothing to scoff at. Rejuvenation is by and large the best D polarity aura you can use at the moment. Probably not the best one for Valkyr, but it's got a ton of value when you're running with a group that has no dedicated heals (Renewal or Blessing).

Rejuvenation is by and large the best D polarity aura you can use at the moment.

Problem is of course that D-polarity auras are pretty crappy all around. Being the king of the crappy auras does not mean it is viable. It is hardly worth giving up either Energy Siphon or Steel Charge/Rifle Amp over.

alright it's set then no rejuvenation just stick to steel charge and save a forma I won't complain that's less work to do there. Guess I really just used rejuvenation for that wolverine roleplay :D

Rejuvenation is redundant on Valkyr when you can heal up with Hysteria or Life Strike.