Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Add Vacuum Ability To All Sentinels By Default. [ Suggestion Thread ]

Hunter3.0

Hello. This is a suggestion thread regarding Sentinels and the Vacuum ability that only Carrier sentinel has as of yet.

Basically, we all know that the majority of players who use sentinels only use Carrier sent. for its Vacuum ability, but other sentinels have some pretty awesome abilities, Shade's Ghost, Helios scanning thing, but only a few people use those because the others prefer having Vacuum, which takes them back to Carrier. 

What i'm asking for here is to add the Vacuum feature to all sentinels by default without the need to use a mod for it. This will allow more variety regarding sentinels, will give players more choices to play with instead of jumping straight to Carrier because omg it sucks drops for me yey.

I mean it's not cool for a ninja to run around collecting all those drops, that ain't ninja!

Some of you will say that if they do that then Carrier will be useless, i have a solution for that too;

basically Carrier gets the ability to give x0.5 ammo on pickup, so you get 50 rifle ammo and it gives 25 more!

Or, if an enemy knocks you down, Carrier lifts ( carries ) the enemy up in the air and slams him to the ground knocking him down too ( It does a tiny amount of damage, it's just meant to be a knockdown revenge ).

Feedback and opinions appreciated!

The problem is that none of the other sentinels are useful at all, other than Shade.  Maybe this would require more work, but I'd rather see the other sentinels get additional or improved abilities such that it was worth using them.  Wyrm's stun could use a buff, Fatal Attraction should be replaced entirely, and Deth Cube could get a +25% damage buff or other additional ability.  Making all Sentinels use Vacuum makes them all the same and thus boring.  Choice is good, but choice requires decent alternatives.

The problem is that none of the other sentinels are useful at all, other than Shade.  Maybe this would require more work, but I'd rather see the other sentinels get additional or improved abilities such that it was worth using them.  Wyrm's stun could use a buff, Fatal Attraction should be replaced entirely, and Deth Cube could get a +25% damage buff or other additional ability.  Making all Sentinels use Vacuum makes them all the same and thus boring.  Choice is good, but choice requires decent alternatives.

That's exactly the point, thanks for making it clear.

It's not good to have just one useful sentinel out of many, currently all sentinels are kinda useless like you said, Shade and Carrier are kinda the only ones being used because of their abilities, but Carrier is undeniably the most used sentinel.

If Vacuum gets added to all other sentinels, people will tend to use the others, therefore they will notice that they need a few tweaks and balancing, but no one clearly sees that because Carrier4lyfe.

And it's not a big deal adding Vacuum to the sentinels because if you think about it, it's an essential thing, like i said, it's not ninja running around collecting a few ammo drops, it's a waste of time and kills the flow of the play.

Edited by -CM-Hunter

That's exactly the point, thanks for making it clear.

It's not good to have just one useful sentinel out of many, currently all sentinels are kinda useless like you said, Shade and Carrier are kinda the only ones being used because of their abilities, but Carrier is undeniably the most used sentinel.

If Vacuum gets added to all other sentinels, people will tend to use the others, therefore they will notice that they need a few tweaks and balancing, but no one clearly sees that because Carrier4lyfe.

And it's not a big deal adding Vacuum to the sentinels because if you think about it, it's an essential thing, like i said, it's not ninja running around collecting a few ammo drops, it's a waste of time and kills the flow of the play.

Also your idea for Carrier carrying the enemy and dropping them after you get knocked down is perfect with the name "Carrier".

I also agree with those ideas, I'm stuck with carrier because once you get used to the vacuum, it's hard to let it go and I feel like this skill should be added to every other sentinels.

Maybe carrier could have a better vacuum range, or as suggested, sentinels could give stats bonuses (attack bonuses with dethcube, sprint bonus or duration bonus with shades, crit. rate with helios... who knows).

This would also give us the opportunity to add new mods in-game for the sentinels. I feel like sentinels could be so much more useful than what they are, they should have a better customization (i mean for the mods, not the random Equipment)

I also agree with those ideas, I'm stuck with carrier because once you get used to the vacuum, it's hard to let it go and I feel like this skill should be added to every other sentinels.

Maybe carrier could have a better vacuum range, or as suggested, sentinels could give stats bonuses (attack bonuses with dethcube, sprint bonus or duration bonus with shades, crit. rate with helios... who knows).

This would also give us the opportunity to add new mods in-game for the sentinels. I feel like sentinels could be so much more useful than what they are, they should have a better customization (i mean for the mods, not the random Equipment)

Great thoughts, it's very great to have special boosts that sentinels give that actually help the gameplay.

Also your idea for Carrier carrying the enemy and dropping them after you get knocked down is perfect with the name "Carrier".

Yeah i was thinking of an idea that's related to "Carrying" :p

* Give Carrier some minor healing ability instead of Vacuum

* Make Vacuum a generic precept (like Guardian, Regen etc), since not everyone want autolooting

* Give Helios some ability related to meleeing (as it should've had in the first place)

* Make Investigator a generic precept (like Guardian, Regen etc)

Voilá! Both the Sentinel convenience abilities (Vacuum and Investigator) can be used by any Sentinel, and all Sentinels now just have unique abilities related to COMBAT!

Of course the other Sentinels could go with some buffs (Djinn could certainly need an improvement to its ability, such as being invulnerable during its taunt effect etc) but at least that would be a starting point

Edited by Azamagon

I'm gonna agree with Azamagon's suggestions rather than yours -CM-Hunter.

Reason for that is simple, I'm probably the only player entirely out of all the players who cannot stand Vacuum and doesn't ever want to use it.  Having it as a forced addition rather than a generic mod directly means that I can no longer use a sentinel, and I like Shade.

Reason for that is simple, I'm probably the only player entirely out of all the players who cannot stand Vacuum and doesn't ever want to use it.  Having it as a forced addition rather than a generic mod directly means that I can no longer use a sentinel, and I like Shade.

There is a very easy solution for that, basically changing what i said, instead making them default, just making a Vacuum mod that doesn't take any capacity available for all sentinels. ta da

I totally fail to understand how the ability to pickup drops in a small radius is bad. If you dislike it so much, maybe they should add more realism, for example forcing players to press "X" when pointing at ammo in order to kneel down and actually spend a few seconds picking it up?

Yes I'm being facetious, but I'm making the point that WF already feels like it has a smaller pickup radius then many other shooters, and considering the massive amount of screen fireworks we have to deal with, also asking us to look down to make sure we have run over something is inane.

Just get DE to increase our personal pickup radius a little bit. Fixed.

or, you know they could go and make the other sentinels have a use

That's the point, no one notices that other sentinels are useless because barely anyone uses them, when you start to use something else more you'll say "Man, this thing needs this and that" .

Having Vacuum on all sentinels will allow more focus on future sentinels. because people will actually tend to use more sentinels not just for leveling, but for the fun of it, for experiencing the new stuff it offers.

Now almost everyone gets carrier for vacuum, gets all other sentinels for the XP, then ditches them after they're at 30 and back to my carrier.

And no one cares what they put in their sentinels because Vacuum will always be their best choice, they're right. If you have Vacuum on all of them, then you'll actually give a crap if a sentinel boosts your shields, health, or if it's makes you invisible, if it scans enemies for the Codex. etc..

I totally fail to understand how the ability to pickup drops in a small radius is bad. If you dislike it so much, maybe they should add more realism, for example forcing players to press "X" when pointing at ammo in order to kneel down and actually spend a few seconds picking it up?

Yes I'm being facetious, but I'm making the point that WF already feels like it has a smaller pickup radius then many other shooters, and considering the massive amount of screen fireworks we have to deal with, also asking us to look down to make sure we have run over something is inane.

Just get DE to increase our personal pickup radius a little bit. Fixed.

Uh, last I checked Vacuum wasn't really a small radius at all.  So yeah :p

I'm not opposed to having a slight pickup range increase but I don't feel that it's needed.  As for Carrier and his Vacuum, I hate having a bunch of pickups flying towards me constantly when most of them are unnecessary or unneeded at that given moment.  Example;

Me;  Hmm, I'm missing one sniper bullet, I'll wait till I'm missing a few more before I pick up that ammo.

Carrier;  >.>  Hello ammo.

Me; Don't you do it man, seriously.  I'll get it when I need it, I've got feet for a reason.

Carrier;  ...... >.>

Me; Carrier...

Carrier;  >______>

Me;  Darnit no!

Carrier;  *Swoosh noise*

Me; .... I'm so pitching you the moment you hit rank 30.

There's nothing wrong with having Vacuum as a generic precept and giving Carrier a different bonus.

Uh, last I checked Vacuum wasn't really a small radius at all.  So yeah :p

I'm not opposed to having a slight pickup range increase but I don't feel that it's needed.  As for Carrier and his Vacuum, I hate having a bunch of pickups flying towards me constantly when most of them are unnecessary or unneeded at that given moment.  Example;

Me;  Hmm, I'm missing one sniper bullet, I'll wait till I'm missing a few more before I pick up that ammo.

Carrier;  >.>  Hello ammo.

Me; Don't you do it man, seriously.  I'll get it when I need it, I've got feet for a reason.

Carrier;  ...... >.>

Me; Carrier...

Carrier;  >______>

Me;  Darnit no!

Carrier;  *Swoosh noise*

Me; .... I'm so pitching you the moment you hit rank 30.

There's nothing wrong with having Vacuum as a generic precept and giving Carrier a different bonus.

If you seriously, actually make a conscious effort to micromanage your ammo pickups, I find it hard to believe that we are playing the same game.

the reason I do use Vacuum at all is because many guns we have are incredibly ammo hungry, and I'm not really in the game, but I have to make a 3D animated character whose feet I can't see half the time actually walk over stuff. I'm controlling a puppet for goodness sake, while staring into a window full of super colorful explosions, and I should also be expected to constantly jerk my viewpoint downwards to run over ammunition? And it has to be the right ammo too, can't just run over Pistol ammo when I need Sniper ammo (Ammo Mutator, I know - but you know, maybe I hate ammo that magically changes ... what is this Sorcery???) so I have to check the color of something, while screen explosions of pink, green and bright white burn off my retinas.

No, just no.

I'll respect your choice of not having ALL sentinels automatically do "Vacuum", or at least, maybe create a new Mod for sentinels that can take up a slot and help with gathering stuff and be less powerful then vacuum, but the game becomes much more of a chore to play without it atm, without DE actually tweaking the pickup radius.

If you don't like Carrier, then don't use Carrier? I totally fail to see why not using a totally optional Sentinel is causing you so many problems, when even if you are leveling it for Mastery Rank, you can leave the Vacuum mod at home.

If you seriously, actually make a conscious effort to micromanage your ammo pickups, I find it hard to believe that we are playing the same game.

the reason I do use Vacuum at all is because many guns we have are incredibly ammo hungry, and I'm not really in the game, but I have to make a 3D animated character whose feet I can't see half the time actually walk over stuff. I'm controlling a puppet for goodness sake, while staring into a window full of super colorful explosions, and I should also be expected to constantly jerk my viewpoint downwards to run over ammunition? And it has to be the right ammo too, can't just run over Pistol ammo when I need Sniper ammo (Ammo Mutator, I know - but you know, maybe I hate ammo that magically changes ... what is this Sorcery???) so I have to check the color of something, while screen explosions of pink, green and bright white burn off my retinas.

No, just no.

I'll respect your choice of not having ALL sentinels automatically do "Vacuum", or at least, maybe create a new Mod for sentinels that can take up a slot and help with gathering stuff and be less powerful then vacuum, but the game becomes much more of a chore to play without it atm, without DE actually tweaking the pickup radius.

If you don't like Carrier, then don't use Carrier? I totally fail to see why not using a totally optional Sentinel is causing you so many problems, when even if you are leveling it for Mastery Rank, you can leave the Vacuum mod at home.

You need to relax a bit more, not completely twist arguments that didn't exist, and not be so excessively literal as well as making baseless assumptions.  I never said I was against having Vacuum as an all sentinel mod, I said I was for that since the beginning since every time I've ever seen this topic arise.

I'm completely in favor of a universal Vacuum mod being added, and always have been.

I'm okay with an increase in our general pickup radius, despite not personally feeling that it's necessary.

I don't use Carrier anymore since he's now Rank 30.

I do micromanage pickups constantly, I blame that habit on copious amounts of time spent playing other games that will, at times, completely require you to do so.  The abilities on screen are easy to look past, partly because... well they are, as well as the fact that the PS4 version specifically hasn't ever had the option to enable the extra fancy particle effects since it's AMD hardware rather than NVidia.  I've seen what the game looks like with those effects and its still easy as pie to see everything.

The only reason I posted that story was for a small laugh, it's not something to flip out over.  Beyond that, the only reason I posted in this thread is to voice my disagreement with the TC's initial idea of making Vacuum into an automatic and always on sentinel ability.  So please, next time actually pay a little attention.

Never seen those threads, but this makes it certain that almost everyone wants this feature to be in the game, but why don't they make it happen? It's nothing huge at all, it's just a mod, make it available for all sentinels, it's an improvement to gameplay.