Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Add Vacuum Ability To All Sentinels By Default. [ Suggestion Thread ]

Hunter3.0

I don't agree with this suggestion. Vaccuum should be unique to Carrier. If any Sentinel could use it, what's the point of having Carrier? The other Sentinels don't have it for a reason: because they're NOT Carrier.

he could have some form of bonus to what he actually vacuums while the others do not, also a vacuum on all frames would help random map clutter and no doubt lead to curing some minor netchat between client/host.

You can make vacuum a common pool skill for all sentinels (like coolant leak), I am cool with that.

But you better give carrier another skill because honestly he deals next to nothing other than sucking stuff.

Edited by fatpig84

You can make vacuum a common pool skill for all sentinels (like coolant leak), I am cool with that.

But you better give carrier another skill because honestly he deals next to nothing other than sucking stuff.

New Ability : Compound

Any items taken in by the Vacuum ability gains an x% increased gain/recovery bonus.

or something like that, carrier doesnt need anything "new", just a bonus to the vacuum's use so it stands above the other sentinels that also use vacuum.

"it's not ninja running around collecting a few ammo drops, it's a waste of time and kills the flow of the play."

Excellent point.  I totally agree. I hate trying to grab a material which has fallen into a nook somewhere and I spend 10 seconds trying to pick it up.  Better yet, warframes could have a small radius they pick things up without a Sentinel.

People seem lazy. There is no need to change a sentinels defining trait and make it universal just because they don't want to pick there own loot up from the sounds of things.

i use carrier all the time, but id have no issues with others having it, if only it meant helping players free up floor clutter and "maybe" helping reduce host<>client lag/traffic.

I'd rather have Vacuum remain unique to Carrier and Carrier alone. It's a players choice to use which sentinel they want, I only use the special ability for each sentinel and remove their weapon. If a player wants to get resources and ammo quicker without having to run around, then they'll use the Carrier, if a player wants some extra firepower, then they'll use Dethcube, if a player wants to remain stealthy or avoid taking as much damage, then they'll use Shade. If a player doesn't want to take out the Codex Scanner everyother second while actively engaging an enemy, then they'll use Helios, etc.

Edited by __Kanade__

I have to vote no.

The flaw is that the proposed change won't actually accomplish it's goals of adding sentinel variety.  Everyone who currently uses carrier will simply switch to Shade, and all we'll have accomplished it a free invis buff for everybody. 

Can't support any proposal that I expect will fail in it's intended purpose.

I'd switch back to my fired up four forma dethcube, actually.

If I could suggest one more thing, I'd love it when a magnetic sapping would stun not just your shields, but your carrier's ability to suck in stuff, too. Why? Well, run around in a field of blue orbs, you get sapped across the room by an Ancient Disruptor facing the other way, Carrier sucks all the orbs up while you're in fuzzy GUI mode and wastes them all. Especially on an energy dependent frame / build, that could easily be deadly.

That, or make the whole magnetic proc thing a bit more obvious and telegraphed. At least the Eximus you can avoid a bit because you see the purple foot smell.