Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Are Kubrows More Important Than Fixing The Core Gameplay Elements Of Warframe?

ItalianPlumber

This is what I don't get - people want a reason to play, but hate RNG.

What happens when these people get all the items they want?  They say they have nothing to do, and wait for the next update. DE really can't win with "fans" like that.

Grind is not gameplay. They should remove grindwalls AND add something interesting to play after getting all the new things.

Always the same arguments. I don't even need to write a different post.

Stop adding useless shiny things and focus on improving core gameplay. THEN add dogs, costumes for dogs, ships and more cosmetics for black+red Ashes.

Stop adding useless shiny things and focus on improving core gameplay. THEN add dogs, costumes for dogs, ships and more cosmetics for black+red Ashes.

Core gameplay? You talk about core gameplay as if this game is supposed to be tailored to YOU.

I am quite happy with the shinys

I am quite happy with them making ships and ADDING QUESTS.

I am quite happy with them improving the NEW USER experience and the UI.

I am quite happy with adding Kubrows, something more interesting then a floating egg-plant

I am quite happy to even give a costume to the Kubrow just to spite you.

I am quite happy to get even more cosmetics.

This game HAS done this in spades, and it will add MORE of this while improving the games integrety too.

Quit feeling so... entitled.  "RNG makes me angry because it does not always give me what I want!" = Bad game apparently.

I honestly don't know what YOU think is so broken about this game.  I'm FINE with the RNG, because it keeps ME and other people coming back because we have GOALS. we WANT the shinys. we WANT the things, all of them.  Lol.

Edited by Sibarian

^That was painful to read. 

c10.png

Explain why?  I am getting rather annoyed with people like 'him' [or her if you want to mince words] who spit in the developers faces when they WORK IN TEAMS.  Not every developer in the house is working on Kubrows, and you don't need every single developer working on YOUR issue when they need to constantly progress the game and add in new items to keep people who actually like the game content with more... content.

Edited by Sibarian

Core gameplay? You talk about core gameplay as if this game is supposed to be tailored to YOU.

I am quite happy with the shinys

I am quite happy with them making ships and ADDING QUESTS.

I am quite happy with them improving the NEW USER experience and the UI.

I am quite happy with adding Kubrows, something more interesting then a floating egg-plant

I am quite happy to even give a costume to the Kubrow just to spite you.

I am quite happy to get even more cosmetics.

This game HAS done this in spades, and it will add MORE of this while improving the games integrety too.

Quit feeling so... entitled.  "RNG makes me angry because it does not always give me what I want!" = Bad game apparently.

I honestly don't know what YOU think is so broken about this game.  I'm FINE with the RNG, because it keeps ME and other people coming back because we have GOALS. we WANT the shinys. we WANT the things, all of them.  Lol.

Problem is what is there to do with all the things? Missions/grinding isn't exactly eventful.

I've got all this stuff, I want to use it, I want to get on the game and play but when I'm presented with the same old typical mission I play one or two, then close the game down as I'm bored stiff. We need some more depth added. Adding new weapons (behind a great clantech wall) or cosmetics can only go so far, the novelty wears off rather quickly.

Edited by Naith

Explain why?  I am getting rather annoyed with people like 'him' [or her if you want to mince words] who spit in the developers faces when they WORK IN TEAMS.  Not every developer in the house is working on Kubrows, and you don't need every single developer working on YOUR issue when they need to constantly progress the game and add in new items to keep people who actually like the game content with more... content.

From the dev streams it seems like all the teams are uncoordinated to the point of not even knowing what any division other than their own is doing at any one point in time, lol.

Because Warframe is inherently about consuming content. While Warframe has solid mechanics, they're not strong enough to hold the game on their own for a very long time. This type of game tends to get stale pretty fast... DE got themselves into this circle pretty early on. Players consume content too quickly, DE can't make new one faster then it is consumed. Hence why so many RNG walls exist.. to slow us down. 

DE IS working on new mechanics and tweaking, but they can't dedicate their full attention to it. They have to make new content, they have to keep people playing.

As much as people rant about how DE needs to focus on the basics.. I wonder. Let's say DE would go "No new content for two monts, just gameplay fixes, tweaks, etc." I bet you that Warframe would be a ghost town in those two months and all the tweaks in the world wouldn't change that. I wonder how many people from this thread would be among the first ones to leave.. I guess a solid number.

Warframe is about consuming content. It might not be right, it might not be how you want it, but it is that way. Deal with it.

Problem is what is there to do with all the things? Missions/grinding isn't exactly eventful.

I've got all this stuff, I want to use it, I want to get on the game and play but when I'm presented with the same old typical mission I play one or two, then close the game down as I'm bored stiff. We need some more depth added.

Maybe you need a break from the game?  Get a bit of fresh air?  I do that all the time, then come back for more fun, games aren't meant to be played 24/7... its called burn out.  Also... They are adding more depth with the quests apparently, MAYBE if you wouldn't spend so much time biting the head off of one portion of the development team and just wait ... they 'might' surprise you? or you might hear something :/

These events that just happened, the whole thing with the infested, was that 'the same old typical mission?'  I guess so...

Edited by Sibarian

You really just sound jaded. The fact that you brush off everything else people are telling you while focusing on being as negative as possible makes it pretty hard to take you seriously. What also doesn't help you, is the fact that Rebecca herself came into this thread and stated that they're working on far more than just "dogs, ships, and more cosmetics for black+red Ashes" (See, that ending statement right there? Jaded. It basically downgraded your whole entire post into negative mediocrity.) Different teams, different jobs, different areas of the game to work on.

But what exactly is this "core gameplay" you speak of? You keep saying this phrase but you don't elaborate.

Edited by SoulEchelon

Maybe it's just me, but the Kubrows seem too in-depth. They sound like a lot of hassle and not a lot of reward. Sure they may be more versatile, what good does that do when you can't take them on every mission? If you take it on every mission, it gets unhappy. That seems like the opposite of what it should be. The Kubrows should be delighted that they can come with you. Can't I make my Kubrow love fighting? Can't I make my Kubrow as bloodthirsty as I am? Not only that, It sounds like you have to log in constantly to keep them happy. Sentinels just seem so much...easier. Don't get me wrong, I will still try out a Kubrow when the update comes, but if it is as much hassle as I think it is, I won't bother keeping it.  I understand that a lot people will like the Kubrows, and will relish taking care of them, but they do not appeal to everyone.

Edited by Darkjackal_2031

c10.png

Because none of the content you've described fixes anything other than brand new player experience and even then; A better game on the whole would be better for "new player experience" 

Edited by Innocent_Flower

Gotta love how people suck up to DE like a better new player experience has anything to do with core game mechanics.

.........Seriously?

I think a few of my brain cells died reading this.

Edit: in fact, are you like.. being sarcastic? Were you joking? Because no way in hell would someone actually mean that.

Edited by SoulEchelon

Maybe you need a break from the game?  Get a bit of fresh air?  I do that all the time, then come back for more fun, games aren't meant to be played 24/7... its called burn out.  Also... They are adding more depth with the quests apparently, MAYBE if you wouldn't spend so much time biting the head off of one portion of the development team and just wait ... they 'might' surprise you? or you might hear something :/

These events that just happened, the whole thing with the infested, was that 'the same old typical mission?'  I guess so...

Please don't accuse me of blindly attacking the one side of the development team; I'm clearly not doing that.

Wait? It's been a long wait and I'm pretty sure many people have 'waited' quite a damn while as well. A break? I only play for alerts and events now and to see what the next update brings and not everyone sticks around on their computer playing games, so that assumption shouldn't be made. Hasn't made any difference. You can still get bored of something even if casually played. Having a break without seeing any upcoming core changes, still isn't going to change that part of the game when someone returns. When they return they'll have a few games and then likely have the same attitude once again as the novelty wears thin. It's the same process with the 'big' updates we get. They introduce something relatively 'new', play it for abit and then it's the same story; now what.

Edited by Naith

Gotta love how people suck up to DE like a better new player experience has anything to do with core game mechanics.

You and your buzz words, your nice little catch phrases 'core gameplay mechanics'

So easy to say, tell me...  WHAT exactly is WRONG with the game?

Enlighten me.

Is it the RNG, because you didn't get the item YOU wanted WHEN you wanted it?

is it because 'some' warframes still have decent ability's?  Why not just remove all the ability's JUST to suit you, that way we can be Warframe: Call of Battlefield GUNS only edition.

I'm curios, a little over tired, but curious.

Please don't accuse me of blindly attacking the one side of the development team; I'm clearly not doing that.

Wait? It's been a long wait and I'm pretty sure many people have 'waited' quite a damn while as well. A break? I only play for alerts and events now and to see what the next update brings and not everyone sticks around on their computer playing games, so that assumption shouldn't be made. Hasn't made any difference. You can still get bored of something even if casually played. Having a break without seeing any upcoming core changes, still isn't going to change that part of the game when someone returns. When they return they'll have a few games and then likely have the same attitude once again as the novelty wears thin. It's the same process with the 'big' updates we get. They introduce something relatively 'new', play it for abit and then it's the same story; now what.

I think I crossed that out for a reason c:

I only play for alerts, or for friends or for survival endurance runs, ect.  Sometimes the game just gets old, sometimes you just have to know when to move on, come back MUCH later, not talking take a break for the day and come back tomorrow.  I am gone for a week or two, come back, see new items, get them, level them, have fun, ect.

Do I want them to introduce some new mode or quest?  Yes, but even if they do... it does not last that long, this ISNT that type of game.  They create content, we consume the content, the content begins to taste the same, then we wait, and they create more, rinse and repeat.

Edited by Sibarian

*double post, damn im tired.  Everything I say is getting rather weak atm anyway so my above post is my last post for tonight, probably in this topic before it gets locked.*

Edited by Sibarian

The core game mechanics really need some rework.I dont know if new player experience will fix anything for that but we also need a new player expierence cause we need a start first and then we can have an end (end-game,lore etc,etc,)But really the need to rework the mechs but one thing at a time everything at the same time will destroy the whole game.DE just need to put some priorities on the things they are working on.Remember patience is one of the best virtues

I think I crossed that out for a reason c:

I only play for alerts, or for friends or for survival endurance runs, ect.  Sometimes the game just gets old, sometimes you just have to know when to move on, come back MUCH later, not talking take a break for the day and come back tomorrow.  I am gone for a week or two, come back, see new items, get them, level them, have fun, ect.

Do I want them to introduce some new mode or quest?  Yes, but even if they do... it does not last that long, this ISNT that type of game.  They create content, we consume the content, the content begins to taste the same, then we wait, and they create more, rinse and repeat.

They just need to create new and lasting content. To think about the content they're releasing with some sort of longer term goal. This game can be like one with proper story-driven missions or ones with interesting objectives, more interesting enemies with a proper challenge rather than the 'terrible ai, lets bullet sponge all the things, ramp up the dmg and dodgy DoT procs!'. Anything is possible but I think they need to get out of this circle they're currently in. Like the Dark Sectors. Promised 'End game' yet it was shabby. Sure, they're improving it but in all honesty it didn't need to come out in its current condition as it just didn't live up to the expectations put out.

What also doesn't help you, is the fact that Rebecca herself came into this thread and stated that they're working on far more than just "dogs, ships, and more cosmetics for black+red Ashes"

Let's see…

New shiny thing. For gamepad users.

- Quest System fundamentals - the understanding here is that this will allow for systemic quests with more meaningful gameplay (https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/249863-thank-you-for-watching-devstream-31/).

Quest System? Too soon. It'll be broken, pointless, probably with no useful rewards. As usual. Quests won't change "core gameplay" → it will be boring. And every quest will probably be very short or unnecessarily long. Like bosses (bullet sponge/invincibility stages). Also grindwalls.

Sure, let's add more mission types with no rewards and almost the same gameplay instead of improving old ones.

- Dark Sector conflict Revamp/Improvements.

Another mission type. Unbalanced PvP MOBA. Just why? For what purpose?

And still no good reason to have a solar rail.

- New 'New Player Experience' to address longstanding issues with our NPE.

- Reworking Valkyr's Hysteria

Well, fine. Good. New animations won't make Hysteria more useful though.

Different teams

So what? DE didn't hire a whole new team just to make Kubrows. "Kubrow team" could work on something else.

But what exactly is this "core gameplay" you speak of? You keep saying this phrase but you don't elaborate.

Movement, AI, stealth, melee etc.

WHAT exactly is WRONG with the game?

Almost everything.

Okay to clarify, this has NOTHING to do with entitlement. Nobody ever said they feel like they should get the rewards for no work. The issue is that RNG is the laziest possible way to make content last for a long time. If you give something a .3% droprate on a mission that can potentially get hours to get access to it might take the player forever to get it. It's not challenging, it's not fun, it's not skill based. It's just an unfun grind with no point other than to be competitive in the endgame content where only a handful of weapons are worth using

If you find tossing a dice and getting shiny things for every 6 you roll that's your own personal issue/gift of being as easily entertained as a hamster. I'm sure there's a big portion of  the demographic of people like you and there's nothing wrong with being easily entertained, I sometimes wish I would be amused as easily - I could entertain myself for hours with a candybar and a yahzee set but sadly, I am not. Especially not when there's a videogame I like and the devs are wasting the potential of it with such obvious and short-sighted practices

The powercreep is the biggest issue to me in this game. The game was as fun for me when I was running my first paris bow as it is now hundreds of hours later with paris prime fully modded, tatered and forma'd. I quit the game for almost a year, came back and found out the core gameplay is exactly the same as it is when I last left off. The missions are still just variations of the same architypes and the grind is worse than ever with diluted droprates in void missions. Only new thing I found fun was the zephyr frame and a few different types of weapons, kudos to whoever came up with those, sad thing is that the most interesting weapon is garbage from the day it was released so I will never feel like taking it to the endgame missions or investing my taters into it, knowing that they might release a prime version of it some day that will be superior in every way. I got bored of the game in a few days of less-than-active play after pretty much a full year in developement. I like the idea behind melee 2.0 but it's a brainless buttonmash with absolutely no depth. And surprisingly it took a while to get the RNG dropped mods that enabled the combos, not something that's rewarding in any way. Just grind same kinda enemies you've been killing since the beginning for a miniscule chance of dropping something that increases the longevity of the game by a few hours

Only thing worth doing in this game at this point are the guild events sadly. I won't be spending my hard-rng'd formas on another weapon unless it's a prime, no matter how much better it is than the already existing versions of same weapon type

Edited by Uuni

Jaded. Jaded. More jadedness. Negativity. Negative connoting. Negative opinions on everything. No actual facts, just only "Everything sucks" attitude.

K, gotcha. You don't want to have an actual conversation. You just want everyone to know how much you dislike DE and this game, how everything they're currently working on is bad, and you'll only listen to those that agree with you. You needn't say anymore.

K, gotcha. You don't want to have an actual conversation. You just want everyone to know how much you dislike DE and this game, how everything they're currently working on is bad, and you'll only listen to those that agree with you. You needn't say anymore.

>No actual facts

Oh, really?

I'm done.

Yep, right. I don't want to have a conversation with you. It's pointless.