Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Does Mag Prime Greatly Benefit From 75% Efficiency?

(PSN)Goldengeartwo

Question

7 answers to this question

I like efficiency. I spam Shield Polarize a lot in Void missions, and I'd run out of energy a hell of a lot faster without efficiency.

I think it depends on how you play and what you prefer, really.

Edited by AdunSaveMe

Well I use mine like this:

http://warframe-builder.com/Warframes/Builder/Mag/t_30_13001130012_1-8-8-2-9-7-3-10-5-4-3-5-5-6-5-6-2-5-12-7-7-55-1-5-80-0-3-81-4-3-82-5-3_80-2-55-6-6-11-4-9-81-4-82-5-5-5-12-13-1-12-2-11-3-18_30/en/1-0-10/2082/0'>il7HKrS.png

Which is 50% efficiency. The reason I run like this is so I can reach 100% shields drain with Shield Polarize.

The stats for the build end being:

+ 50% POWER EFFICIENCY
- 60% POWER DURATION
+102% POWER STRENGTH
+ 70% POWER RANGE

The loss in Power Duration only affects bullet attractor which I don't use many often. you could add in a "V" polarity, place the Bind Rage there and get 11 free points for another mod you may like. I'm not quite fond of Mag and hence why I haven't make it.

Shield polarize double dips from power strength, so it's really beneficial to have up to +100% power strength when using it for damage, or with OE.

For example, using 75% efficiency, power strength caps at +57%, which restores only 78.5% of your shields. Using 50% efficiency you'd cost twice as much but fully restore shields - in this case it's better to use the more efficient setup.

However when using OE as well, power strength is at -3% with 75% efficiency, restoring only 48.5% of shields per cast. If you upgraded Blind Rage to Rank 7, youd get 50% efficiency, and restore 71% of Shields per cast, still less efficient, but more competitive.

Pull is obviously more spammable with more efficiency.

So, when using abilities for support and Pull for CC, 75% efficiency is the way to go.

HOWEVER: The difference really shines when you look at the damage.

Our 57% PS setup with 75% eff only deals 308% of shield value as damage, while our 50% efficiency setup deals 505% shield value as damage. Because Shield polarize can only hit an enemy once, it cant be spammed for damage, you're better off with the less efficient setup as a damage dealer. Shields scale slower than health so at really high levels you want as much power strength as possible.

TLDR: Use 75% efficiency for support, use 50% efficiency for mid level damage dealer (~<=lvl 50), and use full BR (35% eff) for high level nuker.

Only bullet attractor is affected by the lesser duration so there's no reason not to go for a full power efficiency build on her.

Efficiency has a +60% cap doesn't it?

Edited by Aggh